Bigfoot redeux - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Mar 2005
    10 times

Re: Bigfoot redeux

A voice of reason and experience, thank you Cybercop. BTW, arrangements are being made at this moment to obtain a sample of this alleged scat for analysis at a major US University.

us
    Jan 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    28 times

Here's what should happen:

Very "cerieeous" adventurers should pack their elephant guns and head out west towards the California/Oregon border. They should also bring with them the following:

Plaster, for all those footie prints.
    A comb, for the hair samples.
    A good bottle of fast-acting laxative, for spiking the water supply.
    A can of flourecent orange spray paint for Bigfoot's butt.
    A video camera to record it all.

The hope is that the carcass will be dropped at some idiot scientist's front door, but for those who want to keep the thing alive, my suggestion is to go into the woods, play some Barry Manilow records, have the scent of over-ripe bananas waft through the leaves, and maybe Mr. and Mrs Sasquatch will drop by, leave a few samples in the latrine, share some drinks, and we'd all sit by the campfire trading baseball cards and singing "cumbaya".

Come on people! Nobody is going to get very far with Bigfoot if all they collect is a shed full of plaster tracks, a few hair samples, and a pile of s**t! Are we any closer to getting one since Patterson filmed that damn thing nearly forty years ago? No! Either get real or give up!

JT

Mar 2005
    Goose Creek, South Carolina
    33 times

Badger Bart, if a pile of Bigfoot poo can sit virtually unchanged over the course of 1 year 3months, exposed on a rock, getting rained on, getting snowed on, through the cold of winter and the warmth of summer, all because of a high cellulose diet, then your belief would mean that the entire Dark Continent of Africa would have to be neck deep in elephant poo, giraffe poo, and rhino poo.

Come on, use some critical thinking. Three years after this "mystery poo" was scooped into the ice cream bucket, and arrangements are just now being made to analyze the poo at a "major US University"? Which one? Duke? It seems that "The Dookies" would be eminently qualified to examine the sample and say, "Yep, it's poop".
    Where's the poo been for the last three years? What flovor ice cream container was it put in? Moose Tracks, or Rocky Road?

This is why skeptics scoff at these kind of claims...they make absolutely no sense, and defy credibility.

Mar 2005
    10 times

I posted someone else's story, and injected no belief of my own into the matter. If the scat exists today, I will find out, which I am in the process of doing. Just because a story doesn't fit every notion everyone has, or answer every question, doesn't mean it has no value. 'Pooh- poohing' the whole idea just doesn't cut it for me. People here have used the term 'put up or shut up', and this is how you put up. When it's all said and done, it's what's done that counts.

I have emailed the author of the piece, and he has responded. His response is encouraging to me, because he is willing to call "Scatman" to see if it is still in his freezer. If it is, some of it WILL be going for testing. One step at a time. If it falls through, we are back to square one. If not, we will see what the tests have to say. A lot of things could happen along the way, we could run into someone else who claims to have some physical evidence, who knows? Below is the email he sent.

Howdy Bart

Thank you for writing, yes I do have a report which is from Terrace B.C. on the possible Sasquatch scat. I don't myself have or for that matter ever had a sample of the stuff. Larry, when he and another man gathered it up placed it into a plastic bag and stuck it into their deep freeze. To be honest, I would not have wanted it anywhere near my frozen food. -) But anyway, I can check to see if he still has it and if so I can request he send a sample to you which I am sure he would. He was trying to find someone to have it tested. So let me know what you want me to do, Larry is an older chap and does not have a computer, but I can phone him.

Take care
    Brian

----- Original Message -----
    To: hbccufo@telus.net
    Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 1:58 PM
    Subject: BIGFOOT SCAT TEST OFFER

JT

Mar 2005
    33 times

Again, nothing personal, Badger, but this is why these people have absolutely zero credibility. I want to believe. But when I read that (1) the author was there researching for the article in 2002, (2) they recovered 1 1/4 lbs. of poo that had sat somehow undisturbed, exposed to the elements on a flat rock on the side of a mountain for 1 year and 3 months, (3) he wrote the article in 2004, and (4) when reminded of the poo in 2005, he says he'll try to get ahold of the old drunk guy and see if he happens to have it still in the freezer, it's the kind of thing that makes you want to shake your head.

The guy has a website, and investigates UFO's, little green men, bigfoot, the Boogieman, government conspiricies, and any other paranormal thing you could think of. He's in contact with other, like-minded researchers. He knows the location of over a pound of alleged Bigfoot poop for 3 years, and apparently forgets about it, until you reminded him. Do you see something wrong with that?

This is probably going to play out like all the other conspiracy theories people talk about. Lets see........The guys freezer broke, he mistook the poo for sloppy joe fixins, it got in the way of his corn, it was stolen by aliens, whatever. The poo will be gone. Once again, no evidence.

The "Scatman" needs to poo or get off the pot.

When you want to believe something, it's crackpots like these that make you a skeptic. It's too easy to shoot down. At least they could put a little effort into it, and make it interesting.

Mar 2005
    10 times

I understand fully what you are saying, it is the status quo. I'm not satisfied with the status quo, if I can help to change it, I will do what I can. The fat lady hasn't sung yet. When she does, I'll let you know.

Do you recall the last guy here that said they are real and repeated a story of someone who told him he had shot one? I told him to go find the bones. Haven't heard from him since, but then maybe he's still looking. My belief, your belief, his belief, isn't going to change anything. Nor disbelief, for that matter. The least I can do is give Scatman a chance to respond. Like the last guy, he gets his chance to put up or shut up, but he gets a chance.

I hate to put crap into such a context, but it is better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all. If something comes of it, I'll be a crap lover!

JT

Mar 2005
    33 times

Fair enough. I hope his evidence is real....like I said, I'd like to believe. There are just so many crackpots that come up with the same tired excuses of why they don't have absolute proof.

us
    Jan 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    28 times

Here's something that could amount to a successful search for a Bigfoot which could come to a happy, or unhappy conclusion, depending which side you're on. And this one should be very easy to find and uncover.

Find the owners of the so-called "Minnesota Iceman" and publicaly charge them with fraud.

For the uninitiated, the "Iceman" surfaced in the late 1960s, supposedly a dead Bigfoot encased in a block of ice. I saw the thing while it was on display in the center of Fashion Square Mall, Saginaw, Michigan, in February 1981. Surrounding it were the typical placards establishing authenticity, standard cliches as to what it was, and a curious little sign that said if was made of wax, it would disintegrate while in the ice. Now why would they do that? I asked that same question myself when I stood there, then I said wax may disintegrate when frozen, but latex rubber does not. The an artical in Omni Magazine two years later describe how the "Iceman" was made by ex-makeup artists from Disney.

So, back to the fraud thing. Obviously, it could get me sued for slander and libel for saying it. Imagine that. But I know, and the "Iceman's" owners know, that it will never happen. They cannot afford to allow their little fake item to thaw out in a court room for all to see, can they?

Mar 2005
    10 times

We're having a bit of a difficulty with the fact that organic matter is passing through customs, and may be rejected, confiscated, and destroyed. Or worse. It is a serious matter, despite the suggestions I have made to them below. Has anyone ever done anything along this line before, shipping or receiving organic matter from Canada? Any suggestions? With bird flu all the rage from the east, I guess I can see why, but I'd sure hate to miss an opportunity like this.

CAN HE CALL IT PONDERINGS? DEEP THOUGHTS? ENIGMATIC QUANDARY? PASSED PITS? P-SSED PATS? A GRUDGING GRUNT? A SMOOTH MOVE? a toolerary truffle? past prime patty? Hey, I know, FRUITCAKE! Nobody knows what's in them anyway, and there was only one ever made, every one that has been made since is recycled from the original.

JT

Mar 2005
    33 times

I hope I don't get fruitcake this Christmas....

us
    Jan 2005
    Murfreesboro, TN
    28 times

Fruitcake can be found at the local hardware store every Christmas.

In fact, they are quite useful whenever a hammer gets busted and you need a good backup!

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33598 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bigfoot43[1].jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	75403   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatwoods36.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	75404   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flatwoods5.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	75405  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

JT

Mar 2005
    33 times

You scared me...I thought the first picture was my Mother-in Law....

us
    Oct 2005
    Northern, Michigan
    willow stick
    144 times
    eating

Personally I believe in Nessie. Now Bigfoot I'm a little shaky on but Nessie is for real.
    Have you ever seen Kent Hoven's documentary on dinosaurs? It's a real eye opener. You'll never see this stuff on prime time TV. They don't even dare joke about it.

There?s a large swamp in Africa where the natives swear they?ve seen dinos.

Ness is just another (though super rare) animal.

I wonder what Nessie would taste like deep fried?

"Everything is an anomaly" Michigan Badger

Dec 2003
    Western Schuylkill County
    MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO ....... Garrett Pro Pointer…… Sovereign XS-2 Pro
    33598 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb

I wonder what Nessie would taste like deep fried?

CHICKEN OF COURSE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links