PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't take credit. Others helped me through their writings or more directly.

Always more to find out about.

Yes, that seems to be the fabric, on which all of our homework is written.

I remember when I came to TNET, the French were very much, an equal part my research, but here was a flood of information about Spanish, and so many responses concerning Jesuits that opened up another box of Pandora's.

I started filtering and separating information like a trammel, then worked the largest pile, only to return to the dust and start panning.\__/..!

Having documented my trek, here and in my (soon to be finished for the fifth time) book, I can say that I know it exists, but still, I struggle with the "WHO" of it all, while my surviving partners have all told me the same thing that I have felt.
"I feel unwelcome, here." Even to the point of feeling watched through gunsights.

#/80{?>~

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had the same feeling myself on my own land. Even my neighbor has seen strangers. When we look for them nobody is found. I did find foot prints. I did get a picture from a game camera of a man in bdu's and very good face paint. Some say the sentinels. If they do exist. There is more to the story.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that seems to be the fabric, on which all of our homework is written.

I remember when I came to TNET, the French were very much, an equal part my research, but here was a flood of information about Spanish, and so many responses concerning Jesuits that opened up another box of Pandora's.

I started filtering and separating information like a trammel, then worked the largest pile, only to return to the dust and start panning.\__/..!

Having documented my trek, here and in my (soon to be finished for the fifth time) book, I can say that I know it exists, but still, I struggle with the "WHO" of it all, while my surviving partners have all told me the same thing that I have felt.
"I feel unwelcome, here." Even to the point of feeling watched through gunsights.

#/80{?>~
Mikel,
I can vouch for that feeling.
I have said from the beginning that we were being watched.
I have not had the "not welcome" feel yet, but....
I agree,there is something about that place.
-Weekender

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikel,
I can vouch for that feeling.
I have said from the beginning that we were being watched.
I have not had the "not welcome" feel yet, but....
I agree,there is something about that place.
-Weekender

I am sure of one thing. If not for you, I would never have made those last two trips.

The first trip was a given, that I wouldn't... The following two trips could not have been made with any other partner.... Ever.

I made a discovery, last night, while doing research, that kept me up most of the night.

Text me when you have time.

#/;0{>~

Last edited:

Don Chuy

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Ciudad ObregĂłn Sonora
Detector(s) used
Garret 2500 GTI,Minelab go find 40
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi gentlemen, thanks to Tnet for accepting me in your group, I live in the state of Sonora in Mexico I recently bought a metal detector and started looking for info regarding old ruins and found that the mission of bayoreca is the closest one to where I live, I already read most of your post regarding the jesuits and their mission also found there is a tv show filmed in this town but I can’t find it, it was named Lost city of Bayoreca by Bill Burrud I think, I think don José de La Mancha has been in this town, I have no info of anybody finding a big treasure in this mission, I have been trying to get in touch with don Jose and ask him more about this matter but looks like he had some eye problems I hope he is ok now, well I have visited this ghost town twice already but to be honest my experience in metal detecting not good and also my mt is not up to this challenge, the thing is I might have been seated on the remains of a big wall where the gold is, why I think this? My cousin took some pictures of me seated on this wall and when I saw one of the pictures I saw something shining inside a small cave where one of the big rocks was, I did not touch any of the rocks cause the vaquero was around, I’m going to try and upload the picture see what you guys think about this, the was taken with a cell phone so it’s not that good, thanks for your time and all your comments will be welcome!
Don Chuy FDCD90BA-EB62-41E3-974E-7004D4DEEBFC.jpeg FDCD90BA-EB62-41E3-974E-7004D4DEEBFC.jpeg

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hi gentlemen, thanks to Tnet for accepting me in your group, I live in the state of Sonora in Mexico I recently bought a metal detector and started looking for info regarding old ruins and found that the mission of bayoreca is the closest one to where I live, I already read most of your post regarding the jesuits and their mission also found there is a tv show filmed in this town but I can’t find it, it was named Lost city of Bayoreca by Bill Burrud I think, I think don José de La Mancha has been in this town, I have no info of anybody finding a big treasure in this mission, I have been trying to get in touch with don Jose and ask him more about this matter but looks like he had some eye problems I hope he is ok now, well I have visited this ghost town twice already but to be honest my experience in metal detecting not good and also my mt is not up to this challenge, the thing is I might have been seated on the remains of a big wall where the gold is, why I think this? My cousin took some pictures of me seated on this wall and when I saw one of the pictures I saw something shining inside a small cave where one of the big rocks was, I did not touch any of the rocks cause the vaquero was around, I’m going to try and upload the picture see what you guys think about this, the was taken with a cell phone so it’s not that good, thanks for your time and all your comments will be welcome!
Don Chuy View attachment 1517110 View attachment 1517110

Welcome to Treasurenet Don Chuy!

Don Jose is having major computer problems at the moment, but should be back online soon. Interesting area you are working in, I hope you will keep us posted of your finds. Good luck and good hunting amigo, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Coffee?
:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Don Chuy

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Ciudad ObregĂłn Sonora
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you amigos, I sure will keep you guys posted on my quest and good luck to you too, anytime you want to join me I will be happy to take you to this place, I know with the equipment you guys have and the expertise we’ll find it sooner!! Thanks again D2E822B2-298D-4BE6-BBD6-03296E31F9B0.jpeg

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buenas dias Don Chuy; Where did you learn subh good english ? Yes, let's talk.e I have been to Baroyeca several tmes and talkd to te decendents of the yaquit that destroyed the settlement The treasure is on he side of the arroyo. not recovered yet.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jose there is also all the closed up caves on the Camino Real from the mid 1700's. From The mines to the coast, from all the robberies of the ore shipments.

Don Chuy

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Ciudad ObregĂłn Sonora
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buenas dias Don Chuy; Where did you learn subh good english ? Yes, let's talk.e I have been to Baroyeca several tmes and talkd to te decendents of the yaquit that destroyed the settlement The treasure is on he side of the arroyo. not recovered yet.
Hello Don Jose Nice meeting you!! Answering your question about my English, I went to high school in Arizona also have been working with some outfitters hunting mule deer coues deer desert big horn and everything in between, back to bayoreca, I really think we should talk, I think I got the place where the tesoro it’s been hidden all this time and I need your help!! 6444473310 cell phone I think I can help you with eye problems seriously when we talk I will explain to you how I can help you!! Thanks again Don Jose and I god bless you and everybody in this forum

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Chuy:
Locating.... o.k., even seeing couse deer takes a trained eye. That will help see gray through grey looking into history on foot.
Stay safe .
Your "cave" or grotto ( in picture) reminds me of the poor, no church or mission , but very real to those that made and those that use them.. alters near the border made by those passing along and affirming faith.
A single use ( so far) on your site perhaps. (?).

Don Chuy

Tenderfoot
Nov 15, 2017
Ciudad ObregĂłn Sonora
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose Nice meeting you!! Answering your question about my English, I went to high school in Arizona also have been working with some outfitters hunting mule deer coues deer desert big horn and everything in between, back to bayoreca, I really think we should talk, I think I got the place where the tesoro it’s been hidden all this time and I need your help!! 6444473310 cell phone I think I can help you with eye problems seriously when we talk I will explain to you how I can help you!! Thanks again Don Jose and I god bless you and everybody in this forum
Don José There are two arroyos near bayoreca but only one appear on the old maps so I think this is the one you mentioned on your previous post here, the one to the east of town right? I’m going back very soon I’ll let you guys know what happens upthere !! Merry Christmas to you all!!

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, every one !

There is an area in Bolivia that was owned by Jesuits as per documents, no farming there but sure enough there is alluvial gold in the streams as well as obvious signs of mining in the past. There was a road recently opened to this area and it is time for me to go. There is a native that lives in the area that says there are still remains of old buildings in the now over grown jungle.

The SUV is loaded with equipment and metal detectors, hope to find the ruins and will post if there are any interesting finds. Heading there this Saturday and hope the road conditions allow me to get there.

G

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have the treasure hunting fairly well covered. I may have to call off te peacock bass trip due to infirites of age, now 94, sigh. But tayopa is going strong. Have you upgraded fro the 180 //

gflores71

Nov 26, 2005
Central Coast, CA / Bolivia
Detector(s) used
White's V3, MXT All Pro, DFX, XLPro,TM-808, TDI-SL with 25" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Joseph, glad to hear from you. I sold the Cessna and on the market for another one at the moment.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
You have the treasure hunting fairly well covered. I may have to call off te peacock bass trip due to infirites of age, now 94, sigh. But tayopa is going strong. Have you upgraded fro the 180 //

Peacock bass! Boy you know how to get a guy dreaming - and never say never amigo! I would not be surprised if you are able to go on that trip, and sooner rather than later.

Please do continue,

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Rainbow trout is a beautiful fish , but I don’t think I have ever seen a peacock bass before!?!

Jose, take a few pictures for us less fortunate, or less educated, as the case may be.

#/80{>:~

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
So mi hermano Don Jose, el Tropical Tramp, when do we head out for Bolivia? I might have a little side expedition for you that could pay the expenses of the trip if we are successful! :tongue3:

Coffee anyone?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread