JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Read the Spanish archives of King Philip V. This is where i found the information. Only reporting what i found.

Why would you go to the Spanish archives when there is already an English translation of the Favores Celestiales? The Bolton 1919 version is a good one.

So the mines at Tumacacori were very busy. They had 12 smelters, twelve ore crushers, and two slag pits. This all in reports.

Would you mind telling me where exactly this information is in the Favores Celestiales? I couldn't find it.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I thank you Sail away. I can use all of the information possible, Gracias.

Always wanted about a 45 ft Ketch rigged shallow draft home and exploration tool , boats are feminine no?..

Don Jose de La

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sailaway

Know you the names of the mines at Tumacacori ? Because you believe are in the Tonto Basin .

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I research and they are not in books but archives
so if you think I am Quoting books then you are mistaken. I also have a map that was given to me by a very old member here that was looking for the sites, Yet I use modern methods to look. I use things like "Out of Place Objects" it is a way of searching terrain without seeing anything but things that are not where they should be, our Military uses this to spot camoed enemy. I know the names of the mines because of research.
I have a Wylie 34 North Coast yachts Racer. One of only 16 produced. Its in the ultralight Class
I do not have to share but am because I want to prove history

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sailaway

Use the " things " like " Out of Place Objects " and tell as the names of the mines in Tumacacori region .

Thanks in advance

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I research and they are not in books but archives
so if you think I am Quoting books then you are mistaken.
I do not have to share but am because I want to prove history

You were quoting from this source:

Now back to the subject of this thread. I was reading Father Kino's report to the Pope in 1710.

Fr Kino's report to the pope in 1710 is the Favores Celestiales which was translated by Bolton and published as a book under the title Kino’s Historical Memoir of Pimería Alta.

Don't really think Fr. Kino would take the extreme risk of producing different versions of the same report.

So I have to assume that the book by Bolton is the actual report itself. However, it doesn't seem to contain any of the information that you are saying it does, but it may be that I missed something?

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Report and Relation of the New Conversions,
by Eusebio Franciso Kino, 1710
To his royal Majesty, Philip V., God preserve him for many years Your royal Majesty has ordered in your very Catholic edula of July 17, 1701, which my Father Provincial of this new Spain as well as the Father Visitor of these missions of Sonora had sent me in printed form in it being printed my name, though I do not deserve it, and the name of Father Juan Maria de Salvatierra, that report be made to your royal Majesty of the location and state of the heathen of this province of Sonora; therefore, with this report unknown North America places itself at the sacred feet of your royal Majesty, for by means of the more than two hundred leagues of new conquests and new conversions, which have a compass or circumference of more than six hundred leagues and contain very fertile lands and new nations already very friendly, discovered in these last twenty-three years by the fathers of the Company of Jesus in more than fifty expeditions or missions which on different occasions they have made to the north, northeast, northwest, and west, some of which have been of fifty, seventy, ninety, one hundred, one hundred and fifty, two hundred and more leagues, there now remain very well reduced all these many nations. And they ask for fathers and holy baptism, and it would seem that they know very well what our Holy Mother, the Church, says to them on the first feast day in May, day of San Felipe and Santiago, namely, that the Gentiles, desiring to see the Saviour of the world, came to Philip (Gentiles Salvatorem videre cupientes ad Philippum accesserunt). And if in those times there was an apostolic Philip
May the sovereign Lord of the heavens preserve the life of your royal Majesty many happy years. Mission of Nuestra Sefiora de los Dolores, February 2, 1710.
The sacred feet of your royal Majesty are kissed by your humble chaplain,
EUSEBIO FRANCISCO KINO.

is this the report you refer to? This is only the first page and it is 21 pages long and not the only document I found in my research. more good reading is Frier Marco de Nica on Cibola, The account of discovery of the mines in 1599 by Captian Marcos de los Gotos

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whatever happened to the doggirl temptress who posted on here?

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems there is some confusion about a "Leagua".

Nope, no confusion here and no 50 foot crows nest in the desert.

A league is a unit of length (or, rarely, area). It was long common in Europe and Latin America, but it is no longer an official unit in any nation. The word originally meant the distance a person could walk in an hour. Since the Middle Ages, many values have been specified in several countries.

Spanish Legua was 5000 varas which is a little more than 2.5 miles depending on what vara length one uses.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Crows nest? What about the 4723 foot elevation the monument sits on? From there you can see 3 mountains away looking north. And being as we are not talking about flat land as the measurement you have to do line of sight. means that you have to find another spot at the same elevation so that the measurement would come out to be in a flat 4,428 acres. even today the area is measured as if flat, so what may be 4 miles may take you all day to walk, even though on flat land I can do that in one hour.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_(unit)

Last edited:

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
... I found in my research. more good reading is Frier Marco de Nica on Cibola, The account of discovery of the mines in 1599 by Captian Marcos de los Gotos

www.americanjourneys.org/pdf/AJ-013.pdf. It's an interesting report, but it's not the discovery of de Niza's Cibola. They found some promising copper outcroppings in a location that may have eventually become the Bagdad copper mine in west central Arizona.

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great read though. :icon_thumright: thanks for that site! As for Cibola, Arizona is one of the seven cities, Georgia is another.

Here are the laws governing these old mine sites:

National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 (NHPA) as amended. 16 U.S.C. §§ 470 et seq.
The National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA) requires federal agencies to take into account the
effects of their actions on historic properties. Historic properties may include prehistoric and historic
archaeological sites and places of traditional religious or cultural importance. Section 106 of the
NHPA mandates a process under which an agency must consider the effect on any property listed or
eligible for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, before it authorizes or funds any
undertaking. The intent is to fully identify such properties, assess the effects of the proposed action or
authorization, and seek ways to avoid, minimize, or mitigate any adverse effects. The NHPA stresses
the importance of active consultations with the public, Indian tribes, State Historic Preservation
Office, and other interested parties and provides the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation with
the opportunity to comment on a project’s potential to affect historic properties.

Archaeological Resources Protection Act of 1979. 16 U.S.C. §§ 470aa et seq.
This act provides felony-level penalties for the actual or attempted unauthorized excavation, removal,
damage, alteration, or defacement of any archaeological resource, more than 100 years of age, found
on public lands or Indian lands. The Act also prohibits the sale, purchase, exchange, transportation,
receipt or offering of any archaeological resource obtained from public lands or Indian lands in
violation of any provision, rule, regulation, ordinance or permit under the Act, or under any Federal,
State or local law.

A conviction under this Act, if it is a first offense with under $500 in damages, can bring up to one
year imprisonment and/or $100,000 in fines. Subsequent offenses, or a first offense exceeding $500
in damages, can bring up to five years imprisonment and/or $250,000 in fines.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sailaway

Never mind of your ignorance to my question . If you can't answer , I have another one :
I believe how in this aerial photo is the Puricima Concepcion mine . Can you see the shaft ? If yes , tell me how looks . If not , you ignored again .

PuCo.jpg

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a Aura in center left of your photo except It is not strong enough in my opinion. how ever that photo is a jepg so it is dumbed down. load it in high resolution then let me look. All Metallic minerals have an Aura so it could even be a ball of Tin Foil as far as I know. You stated it is because I "believe" the mine is on the Tonto Basin? Yet I used what is written and Mapping technology. I looked at magnetic anomalies in the area. There is a Golden ringthat shows up in the magnetic map of Arizona in the 5 zone. take a look here: http://mrdata.usgs.gov/catalog/cite-view.php?cite=72.
and ORo, it does apply to these mines as they are sacred Indian sites, or at least the Mina Virgon it does.

Last edited:

Somero

Sep 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now back to the subject of this thread. I was reading Father Kino's report to the Pope in 1710. In that document he states that in 1698 he personally shipped 4 to 5 million pesos of gold and silver to King Philip. The Pope had visited the missions that year and called the missions the richest in the whole of the Catholic Church. Now does this sound like a poor Mission? However I did find it strange that they could have a variance of 1 million in pesos. Let someone who is in charge of the bank not be sure of exactly how much they sent you and see if it does not raise red flags, no wonder King Philip went after them. If they shipped 4-5 Million Pesos to the Church that means the missions got that much and the Crown got that much. By Law that is how it was split up. So the mines at Tumacacori were very busy. They had 12 smelters, twelve ore crushers, and two slag pits. This all in reports.

Can somebody elaborate on the highlighted phrase please? :icon_scratch:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies & Gentlemen First all Spamish land measurements- as well as sea - are in the horizontal, not by the contour.

Second As Oro mentioned, this is an individual case problem.

3Rd, enough talk of dirty, ole, dusty, ghost ridden mines, abou that beautiful lill boat ----what are your live aboard arrangemnts?

Don Jose de La Mancha

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cactus may be right. Pope was not capitalized and it did not say The Pope but pope visited and holy was not capitalized and was in the section where he was describing the Indian revolts.
(the rest Removed for Security Reasons)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread