Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83
Results 1,641 to 1,644 of 1644
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: JESUIT TREASURES - ARE THEY REAL?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    834 times
    G'd morning Deducer, coffee? I repeat again, one must differentiate between the lowly, expendable mission Jesuit and the ones from Rome who were more directly being employed to further Romes' finances. Money was power to advance your particular interpretation of the written word.

When one assumes that he has correctly interpreted the Lords' word via the Bible, then anything required to teach it or too advance it, was acceptable, regardless of any other agreement.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    508 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    G'd morning Deducer, coffee? I repeat again, one must differentiate between the lowly, expendable mission Jesuit and the ones from Rome who were more directly being employed to further Romes' finances. Money was power to advance your particular interpretation of the written word.

When one assumes that he has correctly interpreted the Lords' word via the Bible, then anything required to teach it or too advance it, was acceptable, regardless of any other agreement.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Don Jose,

Are you now saying that the mission Jesuits were not the ones, for the most part, involved in mining in Mexico?

Take care,

Joe

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    648 times
    Cactusjumper wrote
    Don Jose,

Are you now saying that the mission Jesuits were not the ones, for the most part, involved in mining in Mexico?
    I believe that has always been his position, that the mining was handled exclusively and separately by the Coadjutors rather than the padres, which is probably somewhat true, as they were responsible for the "temporal" aspects of the mission, however I would point out to Don Jose that ALL business concerns of all missions were the full responsibility, and under full authority of, the padres themselves. So while the padre might not be standing as overseer at the mines, he had full control over the operation and financial aspects of it. Remember, Coadjutors were fully under the "command" of the padres at the missions, they were not independent operators.

Good luck and good hunting amigos I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco
    cactusjumper likes this.
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

Charter Member

Dec 2005
    Arizona
    508 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Oroblanco View Post
    Cactusjumper wrote

I believe that has always been his position, that the mining was handled exclusively and separately by the Coadjutors rather than the padres, which is probably somewhat true, as they were responsible for the "temporal" aspects of the mission, however I would point out to Don Jose that ALL business concerns of all missions were the full responsibility, and under full authority of, the padres themselves. So while the padre might not be standing as overseer at the mines, he had full control over the operation and financial aspects of it. Remember, Coadjutors were fully under the "command" of the padres at the missions, they were not independent operators.

Good luck and good hunting amigos I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
    Oroblanco
    Roy,

As you have just pointed out, that position is illogical and unlikely.

Take care,

Joe
    Oroblanco likes this.

Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors