Strange Opening

Uncle Buck

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2006
Louisiana
Hi All,

I hope I posted this in the right forum. Many years ago as a child, I would walk the creek banks near where I live and I think I may have found something, just not sure what. It is a 6x6 opening in the side of a creek bank, near the top of the bank, it looks man made, it is a hole going back into the creek bank, not just a hole a square opening made with lumber like a drainage opening or someting. Any ideas. Thank and HH

Uncle Buck

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Where are you located...that would give you an indication whether its a mine.
Is it an entrance to a root cellar?

OP
OP
U

Uncle Buck

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2006
Louisiana
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I live in Louisiana, there were no homes places near there or anything that I know of.
Maybe, it is part of a hollowed out beam and part of the Murrells caves in these neck of the woods. Thx for your reply. HH

Uncle Buck

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it goes back down below water level be careful...there might be a gator sleepin in the mud.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Out here we have holes like that where the Chinese would tunnel along bedrock following the paystreak. pretty dangerous work, this is in the gold mining districts of course.

Ummm, any chance there USED to be a homestead closeby? Maybe the house was built on rock for stability and they couldn't dig a cellar, so this was it? Or maybe some sort of test hole? Anything naturally occuring that is valuable in the area? Just a couple guesses....

RonS

Feb 1, 2006
New England
Take a length of PC pipe with a CCTV unit on the end of it. I know one thing i couldn't let it go LOL
I would have to know what is in there. But thats just me.
RonS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread