New at this

ARHunter

Jan 27, 2006
Russellville, Arkansas
Hey guys, Im new at this, and have a few questions maybe somebody can help me with. First, does anyone know of any historical or lost treasure sites in Arkansas, Im having trouble finding places. Second, my grandma lives in a place where indian tribes lived long ago, there are a lot of stone mounds and things deep in the woods, would these be good places to search? Also, what would I look for in a good spot to search besides just these mounds, because there are some caves, creeks, and my grandma told me that a lot settlers lived there, so she thinks that what im calling mounds may be old homesites. What would be the best way of going about searching these places? Thanks for any help. ARHunter

D

desoto man

I LIVE IN NORTH CENTRAL ARKANSAS AND I'M IN THE SAME FIX AT THE PRESENT TIME. LEGENDS ARE HARD TO COME BY IN THIS PART OF THE STATE. IF I HEAR ON ANY I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND PLEASE DO THE SAME FOR ME. I HAVE BEEN CHECKING A POSSIBLE SITE WITH ANOTHER GUY FOR A YEAR OR SO AND NOW WE HAVE BEEN STOPPED AND TOLD NOT TO GO BACK. WE HAVE NOT DONE ANYTHING TO THE LAND, MAYBE THEY ARE AFRAID WE MIGHT FIND SOMETHING. THANKS STEVE

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Look at the following:
1). Right here on TreasureNet...Under Treasure Legends..There are 5 pages of different state treasure tales.
2). www.losttreasure.com. look under State Treasure Tales and the Tale of the Day.
3). www.treasurefish.com
4). www.losttreasureusa.com Look under forums.
5). www.coinworld.com. Look under New collector, and then treasures to be found on the drop down box.

Hope it helps,

RON(PA)

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Greetings ARhunter,

Welcome to T-net! You live in a great state with many lost treasures to search for. Remember Arkansas has many Civil War sites, and many folks buried their valuables during war time when enemy armies (or even friendly armies) approached, plus there were lost payrolls for the troops, cannons and weapons hidden, etc. Even farther back in time, there is evidence that the Spanish conquistador Hernando de Soto might have marched his army through the region, and could have cached treasures along the route. (A fellow treasure hunter recently found a silver spur with the name De Soto not too far from your area even though that explorer was not supposed to have reached so far.) French explorers also penetrated the area in the 1700s as well. Don't forget that Arkansas was also literally the "stomping grounds" of such famous bandits as Frank and Jesse James, the Younger brothers, even Bonnie and Clyde hit the region in their career as bandits.

A book I might recommend is the State Treasure Atlas for Arkansas (also includes Arizona and Alaska) which lists hundreds of lost treasures in your state, about $15, here is one place I found that sells it: http://www.famoustreasures.com/?main_page=product_info&products_id=301

I hope this helps, and see that others have also contributed helpful info - good luck and good hunting to you, I hope you find the treasure that you seek.

Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread