17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

geezerdb

Jan 18, 2013
NE Oregon
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab X-Terra 705, Mine Lab GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't believe I read most of the posts of this thread covering so many years, and still no conclusion other then 'some bars have been found'. A knowledgeble person needs to give us a quick summary so we can quit waiting with 'baited breath' to find out what has/has not happened. I'm turning blue waiting to breath again . . . .

robin jack

Greenie
Mar 13, 2013
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week me and my friends are going to visit new mexico, We have all never been there before, We will be driving down the way and then my one friend told about this 17 tons of gold in mexico I am not sure does he know really well about this or not.

Last edited:

Big Bad John

Jul 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week me and my friends are going to visit new mexico, We have all never been there before, We will be driving down the way and then my one friend told about this 17 tons of gold in mexico I am not sure does he know really well about this or not.

Look out for big hungry snakes and the heat.:icon_thumleft:

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a question for those who are familiar with the airplane that was supposedly used in this venture. I was on a hike up in the Four Corners area a few years back. While walking across a mesa, and I mean not near a road or town for miles, I found what looked to me like an airplane tire still in its rim. I thought about the Trubuco story, but since the whole mesa was full of sagebrush I discounted the idea and thought maybe it had fallen off of a plane in the distant past. It was obviously old. So, does anyone have any idea what the dimensions of any tires with rim would be for this airplane?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Coffee ?? Check out my boo boo for wheel size

Don Jose de La Mancha

th_jpgbooboo  a.jpg

Attachments

• th_jpgbooboo.jpg
    th_jpgbooboo.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 511
  • th_jpgbooboo  b.jpg
    th_jpgbooboo b.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone find any real proof for whether or not this treasure was found, partially found, or maybe still out there? This is my back yard, all within 50 or less miles of my house.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sssshhs nobody guy,, shhhhh 'please,' Here I had developed the perfect cover with my Tayopa operation,, kiil joy.
However, hop in, I'll re-fly the route for you. Not the plane that I flew, however you can check the tires for size.

OOps sorry I just realized that the other pilots were hiding them.

Don Jose de La Mancha

.17ton.jpg

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems that no one really knows the full story about San juan county nm. I have done many searches on the history of this area and no one seems to care about anything older then the oil and gas boom. I have hiked these hills for years and seen a lot of these so called markers, but didn't know there meanings till I looked other places for history. I am investigating some specific markers and some leads that others are looking at, which is what got me started in the first place. I first saw a Spanish marking with my uncle when I was about 12, hiking near the Colorado border,off the animas river. I know of some Druid markings in Durango,and possibly else where. My grandpa was part of an archeology society here, and would go survey ancient Indian sites all around here. Got to help on a few digs as pipelines were being routed around significant sites. Really cool stuff in the area. Will try to post pictures from my next outing. Great forum, but I would be carefully searching Ute land since rules have changed since I was a kid!

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Welcome to T-net Marmentman!

You wrote
I know of some Druid markings in Durango <snip>

If you have any photos of any of these type markings, I would love to see them. Thank you in any case, I understand perfectly if you do not wish to post them in public.

Good luck and good hunting amigos, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been looking for gold in known gold areas and only found two flakes here in New Mexico. I am the worst prospector in the world, or there just isnt much here.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Seems that no one really knows the full story about San juan county nm. I have done many searches on the history of this area and no one seems to care about anything older then the oil and gas boom. I have hiked these hills for years and seen a lot of these so called markers, but didn't know there meanings till I looked other places for history. I am investigating some specific markers and some leads that others are looking at, which is what got me started in the first place. I first saw a Spanish marking with my uncle when I was about 12, hiking near the Colorado border,off the animas river. I know of some Druid markings in Durango,and possibly else where. My grandpa was part of an archeology society here, and would go survey ancient Indian sites all around here. Got to help on a few digs as pipelines were being routed around significant sites. Really cool stuff in the area. Will try to post pictures from my next outing. Great forum, but I would be carefully searching Ute land since rules have changed since I was a kid!

Any of your discoveries on Hesperus Peak? It's a place I always wanted to visit when I lived up there, but never did. Names are significant, and since this mountain was named for Venus, it rings a bell.

Nice Person

Sep 15, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe I read most of the posts of this thread covering so many years, and still no conclusion other then 'some bars have been found'. A knowledgeble person needs to give us a quick summary so we can quit waiting with 'baited breath' to find out what has/has not happened. I'm turning blue waiting to breath again . . . .

Now, you can breath again, and keep writing your funny comments.

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Oroblanco, my dad has been to the markings in Durango. If you are interested there is a book, a little out there for my taste, but has the markers and some of the sights I have seen.
Springfield, so far not, haven't spent enough time up there, but what I have found there and the history suggest that it is part of the major mining that went on there. I find small powder gold, 20mesh- in this area all the time. The gold is there, just in small quantities. I would not doubt that ancient gold ventures where forged into this area. I also know that if Druids or spaniards where in this area they probably didn't stay long on the account that early miners where killed by hostile Indians in the area, I imagine the Druids and Spanish faced the same fate.
Casca, as far as gold is concerned its there " it's just where you find it". Prospecting is real hard work, you only have to decide if it is worth it to you.

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Was up in Durango last couple days. Hiked to the Druid temple. Lots of pictures on the north side of rock, looks like some kind of map. Wish I had my IPad for some pictures. I have the book about the rocks, it has a drawing of what I saw. Next time ill take pictures. Also want to really search the area.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Was up in Durango last couple days. Hiked to the Druid temple. Lots of pictures on the north side of rock, looks like some kind of map. Wish I had my IPad for some pictures. I have the book about the rocks, it has a drawing of what I saw. Next time ill take pictures. Also want to really search the area.

Marmentman, can you tell us the book's name and author?

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
In search of Druid gold by Dave Melson. Like I said some of what he says might be a little out there for me but it has usefull info if you don't believe everything you were taught in school. I have been to many of the sights in this book, so I know there real. Also my brother is currently working on a dig with a guy who has been searching the area for a long time. They found something but not at liberty to talk about that. I believe what I saw was a map. I think it isn't at the same site as this map, but I think something is in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread