17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can see what I do on the discovery channel Josh Gates, expeditions unknown season seven episode six identifying Florida, Pirates, Juan Gomez, Casarella, the pirate
I love that show Josh takes me to places I could never get to... .40 years ago I met my wife's grandad..86 years old at an old farm we just bought.. he had never seen a detector before and I got a big grin when I told him it finds coins. He said he could find one before me with that fancy contraption and I just smiled he got his coat hangers and we set out and you guessed it he called me over to dig it and it was a Wheaties at 3 inches deep..he sure got my attention and I've met water witchers that hit it every time.....I would love to go on expedition but I'm afraid I would just slow you down..I'm just to old and worn out for the desert...thanks' for the invite......good luck

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that show Josh takes me to places I could never get to... .40 years ago I met my wife's grandad..86 years old at an old farm we just bought.. he had never seen a detector before and I got a big grin when I told him it finds coins. He said he could find one before me with that fancy contraption and I just smiled he got his coat hangers and we set out and you guessed it he called me over to dig it and it was a Wheaties at 3 inches deep..he sure got my attention and I've met water witchers that hit it every time.....I would love to go on expedition but I'm afraid I would just slow you down..I'm just to old and worn out for the desert...thanks' for the invite......good luck
What the hell is too old I am 79 still going

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a cursory search on the main characters behind the story in Mexico birth death and marriages. Out of the 4 alleged conspirators they was two possible hits. the professor just did not have a first name so it was hard to confirm. But Leon Trabaco did not show up at. birth or marriage records baptism etc. There is no record of him ever entering the country. Strange enough of the other two?

They it appear some one by the name existed in that time frame? One even crossed the border Laredo Texas several times. 2 of them alleged to be rich ranchers as appeared to live in Nuvoleon.. But Leon Trabaco there is no record of him in births and baptisms in Mexico. This is for me red flag.

At least with the name.

Crow

Leon. A place.https://blog.burbankids.com/leon-facts/

Trabuco a place.
Also a blunderbuss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread