17 Tons of gold in New Mexico

3cylbill

Jul 2, 2015
s.tier NY
Detector(s) used
TESORO, MINELAB, WHITES , GARRETT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can see what I do on the discovery channel Josh Gates, expeditions unknown season seven episode six identifying Florida, Pirates, Juan Gomez, Casarella, the pirate
I love that show Josh takes me to places I could never get to... .40 years ago I met my wife's grandad..86 years old at an old farm we just bought.. he had never seen a detector before and I got a big grin when I told him it finds coins. He said he could find one before me with that fancy contraption and I just smiled he got his coat hangers and we set out and you guessed it he called me over to dig it and it was a Wheaties at 3 inches deep..he sure got my attention and I've met water witchers that hit it every time.....I would love to go on expedition but I'm afraid I would just slow you down..I'm just to old and worn out for the desert...thanks' for the invite......good luck

Feb 21, 2024
Texas
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love that show Josh takes me to places I could never get to... .40 years ago I met my wife's grandad..86 years old at an old farm we just bought.. he had never seen a detector before and I got a big grin when I told him it finds coins. He said he could find one before me with that fancy contraption and I just smiled he got his coat hangers and we set out and you guessed it he called me over to dig it and it was a Wheaties at 3 inches deep..he sure got my attention and I've met water witchers that hit it every time.....I would love to go on expedition but I'm afraid I would just slow you down..I'm just to old and worn out for the desert...thanks' for the invite......good luck
What the hell is too old I am 79 still going

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread