looking for more info on stage robberies santa susanna pass,chatsworth ca. simi

thekid317

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2006
hey gang..... new to the room out been looking for more info on any info on several stage robberies in and around the old stage coach trail in the santa susanna pass between chatsworth and simi valley california. i know there are 3 or 4 different stories and locations but im looking for as much info that is out there........ i have goggled, and gone to the lib.. but very little.........info..... i know there are alot of stories out there and would love to hear them.no matter how small...... i have been out and found a few things over the last 3 years but now i want to put some major time into this and any help or stories might make the differeance............. thanks again jeff

OP
OP
T

thekid317

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2006
the counties for this is los angeles and ventura county southern california thanks

S

stefen

OLD NEWSPAPER ARTICLES MAY BE HELPFUL AS MANY TIMES WILL PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT WERE NOT INCLUDED IN THE ORAL RUMOR MILL. USC OR UCLA LIBRARIES MAY ALSO HAVE ARCHIVED DATA.

TRY LOOKING INTO OLD NEWSPAPER ARCHIVES...NOT SURE OF THE DATES, HOWEVER POSSIBLY THE LA TIMES OR THE NOW DEFUNCT EXAMINER. MIGHT ALSO TRY THE LONG BEACH PRESS-TELEGRAM PAPERS. MANY TIMES THE CURRENT PUBLISHERS BOUGHT OR MERGED WITH OLDER MON & POP FOUNDING PAPERS.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Hope this helps

http://www.chatsworthecho.org/winter2002.html

http://www.trails.com/topo.asp?trailid=HGS373-032 ntopo map for trail

One more story for you gold hunters, and its true. In the 1800?s a stagecoach was robbed down near stony point. As the robber road of with 5000 in gold he was shot in the back. He road up in to the hills and baried the gold near a sulfer spring. Then road down to his girl friends house and He told her what I told you and died. Years later after she died the info was discovered in her diary. The gold has still not been recovered. It was worth 5000 then I?m sure its worth a lot more now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread