127.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Jones report32.pdf
    249.2 KB · Views: 212

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On February 12, 1963, the US Army began work on excavating the Fort Huachuca Treasure. Ed Atkins and a partner named Hale from Decatur, Ill. were contracted with a 50/50 split by the Army. Ed Atkins' business partner (Bill Shriver) personally explained to Tom Whittle (one of the authors of The Gold House Trilogy) that they recovered over three million (3,000,000) troy ounces of gold from a cave at Fort Huachuca. Together with what he personally knew about Victorio Peak totalled almost 11 million troy ounces of gold.

Best - Mike

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
goldbugpr:

Thank you for posting these! Would you be willing to post the rest of the SRI letter (Item #4)? This appears to just be the first page.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

2.0: SRI International (formerly the Stanford Research Institute - wonder if they went private?) was involved in the "radar probing" of Victorio Peak at the end of March 1977.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
jeff k:

I'm late to this party! This isn't a story I've paid much attention to in the past, but it is one of the chapters in W.C. Jameson's "new" book and I'm researching an Amazon review of it.

Thank you very much for that excellent link! Most interesting.

I would like to point out the same link has an account of the US Army's Apache Scouts. I recommend that one, as well! It's a shame the reproduction of the article has the alternating bold and regular type that makes it difficult to read.

How some of these brave men (who saved the lives of a great many of their fellow soldiers) were treated by the US Government after the Geronimo's surrender is a disgrace.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Sgt. Jones Treasure Map.jpg

From the Fort Huachuca website (http://www.huachuca.army.mil/sites/H...S/jonesgld.pdf)

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I've been giving this story some more thought, and in an interesting way it's a "Little Victorio Peak" tale.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

goldbugpr

Apr 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
minelab 3500
Old Bookaroo, here is the SRI Letter.

Attachments

• SRI letter.pdf
    432.6 KB · Views: 245

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
goldbugpr:

THANK YOU!

It was very kind of you to take the time to locate and share that most interesting information! There is simply no adequate substitute for first-hand documentation.

Your post is a great example of the best TN has to offer all of us - and I hope to be able to return the favor.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed at Huachuca in the 80s and never heard about any gold story....This is awesome.....

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
At this stage of the game, the operable word is "story."

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
goldbugpr:

I'd like to again thank you for what you shared with all of us! Your post says you have more if we're interested.

Rest assured - we are!

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

AZsoldier

Dec 13, 2014
Fort Huachuca, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I came across this post and was curious what these details are on the Jones gold? I currently live on Fort Huachuca and would love to search for it. Just need to find out who to talk to to search for it.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I came across this post and was curious what these details are on the Jones gold? I currently live on Fort Huachuca and would love to search for it. Just need to find out who to talk to to search for it.

It was recovered secretly by the US Government in 1963. The tunnels were backfilled. When Quest brought Stanford Research Institute (SRI), they did all kinds of Ground Penetrating Radar and ground resistivity tests. They showed tunnels right where Jones said they were, but those tunnels were filled with sediment. No gold.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody knows. Only have Jone's Description of piles of gold bars and a gold throne.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where did it come from…….maybe the same place the Egyptian stuff in the Grand Canyon came from; seems the truth of history is not being told exactly as it was………..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions