Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (SCREAMING...) "IN-COMING!" (WINK)

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (WINK) Know why Jean Lafitte called his blacksmith shop THE TEMPLE? He was Sephari JEWISH! LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! Check it out; do yer own R & I on it! AND! Older bro
    Alex Lafitte was CAPTAIN of HIS artillery during the War of 1812... AND! Jean & Pierre BRIEFLY worked for the US Customs Service! (GRIN & WINK)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 04, 2012 at 06:04 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LagoonRiver

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2113 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by lastleg View Post
    (GRIMACE) I hate bombshells
    I like the blond ones!
    "The key to finding gold is finding places where it can be accessed."

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    2113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    (WINK) Know why Jean Lafitte called his blacksmith shop THE TEMPLE? He was Sephari JEWISH! LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! Check it out; do yer own R & I on it! AND! Older bro
    Alex Lafitte was CAPTAIN of HIS artillery during the War of 1812... AND! Jean & Pierre BRIEFLY worked for the US Custom Service! (GRIN & WINK)
    Jean & Pierre + multinational privateering, smuggling by ships = "a lot" of custom house adventures & dodging.

us
    Oct 2011
    Chester County pa
    6 times
    Metal Detecting, Cache Hunting ,And addto our History
    But look at what other people had customs houses. Lots of big names. And lots of politicians!!!! Good to see you looking on this side of the force Reb, lol. Lots of interesting stuff here.

HH Jay

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tat2guy View Post
    But look at what other people had customs houses. Lots of big names. And lots of politicians!!!! Good to see you looking on this side of the force Reb, lol. Lots of interesting stuff here.

HH Jay
    Yes, Reb, nice to see you're taking up the "cause".

us
    Oct 2011
    Chester County pa
    6 times
    Where were the Bufords and Otteys posted during the Battle of New Orleans I cant seem to findthis one myself.

HH Jay

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (DUNNO) COULD be "classified info"... (WINK) HA! Maybe NOT! BEST source for me is CAMPAIGN SERIES # 28: NEW ORLEANS, 1815: ANDREW JACKSON CRUSHES THE BRITISH by Tim Pickles; has MAPS, listings (BOTH sides) in that battle... MORE later! (WINK)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 06, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    R & I: AMERICANS HQ, etc. Cypress Swamp to their left; Beale's Rifles (spelled Beal's Rifles) approach BRITS on Americans left next to Cypress Swamp, hitting BRIT'S right flank. Alex Lafitte was in charge of # 3 Battery (cannons), with other artillery pieces on the American right flank. DETAILED "step-by-step" battle! I reckon Capt.
    Buford's Artillery was with Alex's cannons under the trees to the right of the American's HQ, the De la Ronde House. HA! Ya gotta get this book! ANOTHER source COULD be General Society of the War of 1812. (WINK)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 06, 2012 at 06:46 PM.

Charter Member
    us

Jun 2010
    East Coast Florida
    2113 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    R & I: AMERICANS HQ, etc. Cypress Swamp to their left; Beale's Rifles (spelled Beal's Rifles) approach BRITS on Americans left next to Cypress Swamp, hitting BRIT'S right flank. Alex Lafitte was in charge of # 3 Battery (cannons), with other artillery pieces on the American right flank. DETAILED "step-by-step" battle! I reckon Capt.
    Buford's Artillery was with Alex's cannons under the trees to the right of the American's HQ, the De la Ronde House. HA! Ya gotta get this book! ANOTHER source COULD be General Society of the War of 1812. (WINK)
    Was Buford a Freemason?

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (WINK) Don't recall seeing that Paschal Buford was; DOES have crossed cannon barrels on his tombstone, tho. Located at his cemetery, CITY OF THE DEAD - Locust Level, Montvale, Va. (SMIRKING)

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (Coffee & WINK) The above info is from VIRGINIA history; in terms of LOUISIANA history... was Thomas Beale Sr. an attorney/lawyer? POSSIBLE, NOT likely... as far as I know... he just owned & "ran" his hotel, and his "business empire" grew. Thomas Beale, Sr., according to PV (RIP), in his book... THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, "bought a plantation for $ 21,000.... the plantation was long and 'pie-shaped'. The location is not far from the present Audubon Park, and it borders on Nashville Avenue as its western boundary. It would be about eight blocks wide at its widest end and nearly three miles long. By 1819, the plantation had
    15 horses, 100 hogs, and 380 sheep. (He) also owned 29 slaves." (p. 111). (WINK)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 08, 2012 at 08:25 AM.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    SO! BUFORD returned to his home in Bedford County, Va. while TB, Sr. was in New Orleans (Hotel, Plantation, "Business Empire). NOW! INTERESTING info here; according to the book cited above, Thomas Beale, Jr. showed up in NEW ORLEANS in 1818."Eighteen years old, he arrived; without any property, and without a dollar". (p. 112) MORE, later. (WINK)
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jun 08, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (Coffee & WINK) According to ONE source in LOST TREASURE magazine, July, 2012... the BEALE TREASURE is Lafitte's treasure or PART of it; A. Nonymous (probably NSA), stated in FINDING LAFITT'E TREASURE: THE BEALE TREASURE (pg.
    15-17) "Beale is reportedly a pseudonym for the gentleman pirate, Lafitte" (p. 15) He was code named "13", and a gambler with DICE; "7 come 11!" (p. 16) ROLL 'EM, BABY! (WINK)

us
    Oct 2011
    Chester County pa
    6 times
    General Wilkinson was code # 13, Laffite was 13-2 R, lol

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    (WINK) And General Andrew Jackson HATED General Wilkinson... TRAITOR! (GASP)

us
    Sep 2007
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Do you have any stories about pirate treasures in Connecticut that you are no longer searching for? lovejoydc@att.net

Charter Member

Jun 2007
    873 times
    WOULD be good to "follow-up"... LAFITTE!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Mar 03, 2013 at 07:46 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsors