The treasure of Jean Laffite

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Know why Jean Lafitte called his blacksmith shop THE TEMPLE? He was Sephari JEWISH! LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! Check it out; do yer own R & I on it! AND! Older bro
Alex Lafitte was CAPTAIN of HIS artillery during the War of 1812... AND! Jean & Pierre BRIEFLY worked for the US Customs Service! (GRIN & WINK)

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
(WINK) Know why Jean Lafitte called his blacksmith shop THE TEMPLE? He was Sephari JEWISH! LAWD GAWD A'MIGHTY! Check it out; do yer own R & I on it! AND! Older bro
Alex Lafitte was CAPTAIN of HIS artillery during the War of 1812... AND! Jean & Pierre BRIEFLY worked for the US Custom Service! (GRIN & WINK)

Jean & Pierre + multinational privateering, smuggling by ships = "a lot" of custom house adventures & dodging. :laughing7:

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
But look at what other people had customs houses. Lots of big names. And lots of politicians!!!! Good to see you looking on this side of the force Reb, lol. Lots of interesting stuff here.

HH Jay

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But look at what other people had customs houses. Lots of big names. And lots of politicians!!!! Good to see you looking on this side of the force Reb, lol. Lots of interesting stuff here.

HH Jay

Yes, Reb, nice to see you're taking up the "cause". :thumbsup:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(DUNNO) COULD be "classified info"... (WINK) HA! Maybe NOT! BEST source for me is CAMPAIGN SERIES # 28: NEW ORLEANS, 1815: ANDREW JACKSON CRUSHES THE BRITISH by Tim Pickles; has MAPS, listings (BOTH sides) in that battle... MORE later! (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
R & I: AMERICANS HQ, etc. Cypress Swamp to their left; Beale's Rifles (spelled Beal's Rifles) approach BRITS on Americans left next to Cypress Swamp, hitting BRIT'S right flank. Alex Lafitte was in charge of # 3 Battery (cannons), with other artillery pieces on the American right flank. DETAILED "step-by-step" battle! I reckon Capt.
Buford's Artillery was with Alex's cannons under the trees to the right of the American's HQ, the De la Ronde House. HA! Ya gotta get this book! ANOTHER source COULD be General Society of the War of 1812. (WINK)

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R & I: AMERICANS HQ, etc. Cypress Swamp to their left; Beale's Rifles (spelled Beal's Rifles) approach BRITS on Americans left next to Cypress Swamp, hitting BRIT'S right flank. Alex Lafitte was in charge of # 3 Battery (cannons), with other artillery pieces on the American right flank. DETAILED "step-by-step" battle! I reckon Capt.
Buford's Artillery was with Alex's cannons under the trees to the right of the American's HQ, the De la Ronde House. HA! Ya gotta get this book! ANOTHER source COULD be General Society of the War of 1812. (WINK)

Was Buford a Freemason?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WINK) Don't recall seeing that Paschal Buford was; DOES have crossed cannon barrels on his tombstone, tho. Located at his cemetery, CITY OF THE DEAD - Locust Level, Montvale, Va. (SMIRKING)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(Coffee & WINK) The above info is from VIRGINIA history; in terms of LOUISIANA history... was Thomas Beale Sr. an attorney/lawyer? POSSIBLE, NOT likely... as far as I know... he just owned & "ran" his hotel, and his "business empire" grew. Thomas Beale, Sr., according to PV (RIP), in his book... THE BEALE TREASURE: NEW HISTORY OF A MYSTERY, "bought a plantation for $ 21,000.... the plantation was long and 'pie-shaped'. The location is not far from the present Audubon Park, and it borders on Nashville Avenue as its western boundary. It would be about eight blocks wide at its widest end and nearly three miles long. By 1819, the plantation had
15 horses, 100 hogs, and 380 sheep. (He) also owned 29 slaves." (p. 111). (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SO! BUFORD returned to his home in Bedford County, Va. while TB, Sr. was in New Orleans (Hotel, Plantation, "Business Empire). NOW! INTERESTING info here; according to the book cited above, Thomas Beale, Jr. showed up in NEW ORLEANS in 1818."Eighteen years old, he arrived; without any property, and without a dollar". (p. 112) MORE, later. (WINK)

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(Coffee & WINK) According to ONE source in LOST TREASURE magazine, July, 2012... the BEALE TREASURE is Lafitte's treasure or PART of it; A. Nonymous (probably NSA), stated in FINDING LAFITT'E TREASURE: THE BEALE TREASURE (pg.
15-17) "Beale is reportedly a pseudonym for the gentleman pirate, Lafitte" (p. 15) He was code named "13", and a gambler with DICE; "7 come 11!" (p. 16) ROLL 'EM, BABY! (WINK)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread