• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
L

La Panza kid

Hi, fellow prospecters

I am in search of the lost china man mine of La Panza, slo.cal. If anyone could help me out with some info I would be thankful. I would also like to see or here about more on the area. Thanks good luck hunting. Sorry I posted this poll in other sections in this website, but im tring to find the right place to post this one thanks again.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=La Panza kid
Hi, fellow prospecters

I am in search of the lost china man mine of La Panza, slo.cal. If anyone could help me out with some info I would be thankful. I would also like to see or here about more on the area. Thanks good luck hunting. Sorry I posted this poll in other sections in this website, but im tring to find the right place to post this one thanks again.

A) HI, where is that area ?? I presume that it is Southen Calif?

Till eulenspiegle

OP
OP
L

La Panza kid

thanks for the reply that is san luis obisbo california.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
La Panza kid said:
thanks for the reply that is san luis obisbo california.

SAN LUIS OBISPO? You are WAY OFF! The Lost Chinaman Mine is in DEATH VALLEY. Two people have found it, got a load of gold from it, and could never find it again. The last person to find it then lose it was a Jack Stewart. The closest anybody can come to where it is would be:

"On the Death Valley side of the Panamint Mountains, near Stovepipe Wells. It is in "Big Timber" where a steep valley pitches down into Death Valley."

If you live near S.L.O, I have a better one for you! Northwest of SLO is a place called Bishop's Peak. I believe it is a park with some hiking trails. I have it on good advice that there are some Spanish Rock carvings and a lost mine up there somewhere. I don't remember the whole story, but I have Bishop's Peak in my list of possible treasure Sites.

Good Luck-Mike

OP
OP
L

La Panza kid

looks like i spelled obispo wrong I must have typed it to fast. An thanks for the lead on Bishops peak. An there is a story on a lost china man mine for slo.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Yes, there truly is another "Lost ChinaMan" Gold Mine in San Luis Obispo County, at least that is the reported story....Originally Reported by the San Luis Obispo TRIBUNE in the early 1900's, it has appeared in print in over 23 different publications since then, including a Old Richfield Gas Station Map in 1953 and I suspect that there maybe more....In California alone, almost every County has a Story about a "Lost Chinaman", mostly because of the GREAT POPULATION the Chinese developed in immigration.....The Chinese were "EXCELLENT GOLD MINERS" and EXTREMELY HATED by the General Public.......As for the "Lost ChinaMan in Death Valley", that story is Accurate as well and has been in a number of Publications.....Refer to a Old Book "LOST DESERT BONANZAS" by Eugene L. Conrotto....Both Stories seem to be TRUE...!......As for "Bishop's Peak" in San Luis Obispo, there is a story about Church Treasures buried in that "vicinity", supposedly from the threat of "Fremont"....But it would seem more likely to be earlier than Fremont, perhaps "Hippolyte Bourchard" , a South American Pirate that really did "SACK & PLUNDER" Santa Barbara Mission and although Bishop's Peak was named by the Padres of SLO Mission, and there was a quarry there for building stone, it's more likely that the Peak just to the South of Bishop's Peak known as San Luis Peak, would be a better "hiding place", especially when it has a series of well developed "rock monuments", one of which resembles a "TURTLE" .....Remarkably, one can view this on the South side of San Luis Peak from either the Hwy 101 Freeway or in the Madonna Inn Parking Lot!!!

L

lohi

I live here in Maricopa CA. Live not far from La Panza. As far as the china men mine haven't herd of it but sounds interesting. Are you from the area?? HH LOHI

Zeitgeist_Xero

Jun 5, 2006
There might be a hole there... but generally the folks from China were very good at mining, better than their anglo counterparts. Chinese miners would take over old deposits that other miners had left as barren - and would make a profit! Likely there would be little to no gold left unless their claim had been jumped or the chinese run out of town...

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Not to be a wet blanket here but how can we say un-equivocally that this lost mine is IN Death Valley, when no one knows precisely where it is? Hence the name "Lost" China man mine. A second point is that there are likely more than one "lost Chinaman mine" especially in California, considering how many Chinese workers were employed in the gold fields and railroads. Just look at how many "Lost Padre" mines there are for instance

La Panza Kid, there might be a nice vein of silver in your area - there is an old report that local Indios showed the Franciscan fathers a vein of very rich silver ore about three feet thick, in the Santa Lucia mountains. The Franciscans worked the vein for several years until an Indian uprising caused them to abandon it. A prospector stumbled on the old mine in the 1870s and brought out samples of the ore, which when assayed proved to be very rich in silver (I can't remember the figure) but was unable to find the mine when he returned. Silver has been holding over $10 an ounce for some time now, and not a lot of prospectors go out looking for silver. I wish I had more details to tell you but unfortunately no. If you are curious, check into the archives of the Spanish missions for your area (not just the local one IN San Luis Obispo) for more clues as to the location.

Also, there is a "Lost Padres Mine" worked by Indians under the priests from the Santa Barbara mission, was supposed to be a rich gold mine - it is thought to be in the Hurricane Deck area near the north edge of the San Rafael Primitive Area (north of Santa Barbara).

Old Spanish rock carvings are not always a lead to lost mines or buried treasures. Explorers and even travelers often left "calling cards" and some marks are old property boundary markers. If you should find some old markings, you can research them to find if they are indeed clues to treasures or not.

Good luck and good hunting to you!

Oroblanco

There is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, or hidden that will not be made known. Matthew 10:26 KJV NT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread