I found Slumachs lost gold mine on vancouver island.

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
Well I am glad you found gold and all but none of it proves it was Slumach's. Where is the proof such as the Tent shaped rock or the mark Jackson cut into it ? I have found the 2 mile valley with the creek that appeared to have no outlet. I have found a large boulder that had a large tent shaped rock at the base that sits on top of rocks the size of coffee tables all well placed. There is a pile of stones placed on top of the large boulder. The pattern of the stone pile mimics three sharp peaks on a lower ridge and there is a stone with a film of quartz next to the pile that looks the same as a large rock up on the cliff, this rock will shine only in the early morning sun. Not far is a dam and a waterfall where the water is almost white. the vein is high on a cliff but you can reach it if you have the skills. I am writing a book about it all and will publish it after I'm finished with the documentation. here is a picture of the stone pile that was on top of the large boulder along side the cliff picture which is to the northwest of the stones. They show me the way to the vein.
stone pile.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Many A Lost Mine...Was Only A Deception!

You mentioned the "Lost Lemon Mine".

lost_lemon_mine.jpg

When it comes to the numerous "Stories" of "Lost Mines"...I am of the opinion that these mines may have been created as a diversion to hide illegal activities.

Like one of the stores of The Lost Lemon Mine in which it explained how 2 notorious prospectors from Montana came to the British Columbia's Gold Fields to rob the gold from successful prospectors.

It told the story how in order to flaunt their spending of gold nuggets, the two made up the story of a Bonanza Gold Mine.

After a failed robbery, when Blackjack was shot dead and Lemon shot in the leg, it may have become apparent to Lemon that by himself it would not be lucrative to carry on, and the story of his mine should be lost.

Quinan Bear

Nov 7, 2008
Grande Prairie Alberta
I have been documenting the lost Slumach mine now for two years and I can say with certainty that it is in fact near Pitt lake and within 20 miles. The Valley is 2 miles long with a 150ft cliff to climb over at the entrance. The creek runs up it till the backside where it turns and goes up a steep slope to a flat area like a small canyon, then it turn about 180 degrees up to yet another flat area at the top where the ledge stops. Where the creek turn right to go up, there is a huge boulder about 150ft from the creek that has been broken on one side and the pieces of rocks were placed in a way to create a good sheltered area that stays dry in the rain. On top of this rock pile sits a large tent shaped rock with two large flat rocks at its base in the front. On top of the huge boulder is another pile of placed stones. these stones are placed in a way that they mimics a cliff nearby that has three sharp peaks on a lower ridge and on that edge there is a part of the cliff that only lights up in the morning and looks exactly like one of the rocks on top of the boulder. There are many quartz veins up on the ledge and below next to the creek I found a vein that was full of pyrite but the pyrite contains trace minerals and is heavy. On the flat area above, there is a adit in the cliff face. haven't been to it yet but will be going there soon to check it out. I tried to add all my pictures but am unable to for some reason, but if you want to see them just send me a text @ 780-380-3354. So in this valley I have all the markers. I found a 2 mile valley with a creek at the end that appears to have no outlet, A large boulder with a tent shaped rock under it, The boulder is marked with stones on top and it was cut to creat the sheltered area under it. From the boulder you see three sharp peaks about 50 to 100 feet high on a lower ridge and at the top is a place where water flows out of the rock and a long dam of stones with a place where the water flows out and down the side of the cliff where it is steep enough for the water to be white. there are also three mountain peaks that surround the valley. I also found a lens from glasses that look identical to the lenses that Volcanic Brown is wearing in the pictures posted of him. Every one of the details written in the stories, I have found in this valley.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this map on Daryls post and it is amazing how accurate it is.
Accurate to show the real 3 mountain peaks where the mine really is that is .:laughing7:

3peak.jpg

Last edited:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos.

I once saw an interesting letter dated around 1850? I think posted on tnet The letter told of crewmen from a brig called the "Mary Dare", A Hudson bay company ship. gold was found in the Queen Charlotte islands with nuggets as big as hens eggs in creek on the island.

So not surprised with stories of lost mines in that part of the world.

Mal

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I am glad you found gold and all but none of it proves it was Slumach's. Where is the proof such as the Tent shaped rock or the mark Jackson cut into it ? I have found the 2 mile valley with the creek that appeared to have no outlet. I have found a large boulder that had a large tent shaped rock at the base that sits on top of rocks the size of coffee tables all well placed. There is a pile of stones placed on top of the large boulder. The pattern of the stone pile mimics three sharp peaks on a lower ridge and there is a stone with a film of quartz next to the pile that looks the same as a large rock up on the cliff, this rock will shine only in the early morning sun. Not far is a dam and a waterfall where the water is almost white. the vein is high on a cliff but you can reach it if you have the skills. I am writing a book about it all and will publish it after I'm finished with the documentation. here is a picture of the stone pile that was on top of the large boulder along side the cliff picture which is to the northwest of the stones. They show me the way to the vein.
View attachment 1609589

I am glad you have found the lost creek mine and are showing the proof.
You asked "Where is the proof?"
I do not want to give proof any more then i have , which is to much as far as i am concerned.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos.

I once saw an interesting letter dated around 1850? I think posted on tnet The letter told of crewmen from a brig called the "Mary Dare", A Hudson bay company ship. gold was found in the Queen Charlotte islands with nuggets as big as hens eggs in creek on the island.

So not surprised with stories of lost mines in that part of the world.

Mal

This is the evidence and story's i am looking for as i feel all stories with fist or egg sized nuggets have come from the same placer deposit.
This deposit still has yet to be shared with the world.:tchest:
If you could find the letter i would be happy to pm you evidence of what i have found , the whole map i posted has far more avoidance then just 3 mountain peaks that guard the lost creek mine.
One more thing i feel is the 1.5 km blue lead from one of the stories is the start of the old blue lead that started at a dormant volcano and ran south down the Americas at a time when VI was part of the land mass :occasion14:

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo

I have been away at sea. It was a letter dated 1851 to lord Palmerston in regards to discovery of gold in the Queen Charlotte islands from captain chaplain of brig Mary Dare of Hudson Bay Company.

Mary dare Letter 1851 to lord palmerston.jpg

mary dare letter 1851 report.jpg

Mary dare letter 1851.jpg

Mal

Last edited:
OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So cool , thank you, it will take me a while to read it as i have not read real hand righting in a long rime.
:icon_scratch:
not sure if you know but there is more to the MaryDare story then meets the eye. :treasurechest:

Captain James Scarborough's Gold - NANCY MARGUERITE ANDERSON

Scarborough was the captain of the Marydare.
Another tid bit is a story about a prospector who was a friend of anderson aka anderson saw mill . He was also a indian agent and during the caribou gold rush he was murdered by a native chief and 50 of his warriors attacked === and drove them from the area.
I think they killed the prospectors who originally opened the slumach mine in the 1850's/60's.

South Sea mariner

Nov 5, 2016
At sea my ship
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigo

While the above document is historic pertaining to gold found as big as hens eggs. It is unwise to take it out of context. All the document proves that gold discoveries in that regions was in fact made in the same time frame as the story your researching.

The Mary Dare had many serving captains in its service with Hudson Bay company. I think if you want to find out more check out the British foreign office records or nearest consular records at the time or even lord Palmerston's letters and dispatches.

Mal

eoinl4529

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi guys, ye are doing some fantastic work. Im headign to bc after xmas and would love to go on the search for a lost mine. i have been researching ever since i landed in ontario, and when i get to bc im going to spend the summer panning and exploring. if any of ye need a hand doing exploring i would be glad to help. im irish so maybe ill bring a bit of irish luck with me (its true im very lucky)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread