I found Slumachs lost gold mine on vancouver island.

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found Slumach's lost gold mine on vancouver island.

yes i found his lost mine a long time ago, but last summer we found the lost spanish placer mine that he found.
It appears that the spanish found a older placer mine as well.
the lost mine is directly connected to the caves with dem boards.
-----------lost mine storys from the area.--------
Fosters lost ledge 1903 -
Lost lemon ,mine 1907 -
Mcleod's missing millions 1907
Leach towns mystery tunnel lined with Spanish gold bars.
The lost Spanish mine. 1522 to 1600
These are only a few lost mine legends to be found in British Columbia.
Although some one has claimed they found the mine and has the gold to prove it, they did not stake it.
These stories all parallel each other.
In 1903 slumach was followed by an American prospector.
In the lost Lemon mine Jack Lemon found a creek "ankle deep in gold"
In 1903 foster hacked raw gold from a vein.
All these turn of the century prospectors found a very rich placer mine and all had "rough gold hacked from a gold vein".
"Foster was flashing his gold ,"not just nuggets but chunks of the priced ore hacked from a ledge"
slumach had "Fist sized nuggets and Raw gold with a little rock shot through it."
In jolly jacks lost placer "one of the prospectors who saw the gold described it as course and heavy" in 1903 he died . "the secret of the course , copper - colored nuggets died with him."
one story that also parallels the creek i found is, McLeod's missing millions.
google it and you will see it also is a oasis in the cold of winter.
My creek is on the west coast of VI.
In the dead of winter the creek is warm and green, yet 3 miles in land you find snow all the way to newfound land. It truly is a green oasis in the cold Canadian winter.
----------:coffee2:-------------------------------- :laughing7:
I posted a topic that shows the lost placer mine, the past miners placed bolders and a slab of quartz in such a way as to keep the blue clay exposed.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,201884.0.html
As i said, the caves are connected to the lost mine and this is what happened to the past miners who found the lost mine in the past. read with caution.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,107185.0.html

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I found Slumach's lost gold mine on vancouver island.

I hope to see you post pics of dem nuggets you will soon find!

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:hello2:
We went out to dig out the blue ground hole we opened 25 years ago, but it was filled in, we dug, but never got to the blue ground and realised the bolders where huge. i think its going to take a crew to get to bed rock where the fist size nuggets are.
bare with me, 25 years ago we found 2 spots where the blue ground was exposed, in this tiny creek 2 miles long.
we had never got down stream far enough to see the wall of blue.
the 2 spots are completly filled in now, which leads me to believe they where exposed by the american prospectors who followed slumach to the lost creek mine. they did do some placer minning where they found the fist size nuggets.
http://www.slumach.ca/newspapers_1800.htm
i think slumach was the local chief who in 1862 was helped to massacure bunch of prospectors, his partner natives returned to there own country leaving slumach. the only indian who knew about the lost spanish gold mine. then slumach went to new west minster to try through off any more prospectors.
leading on a wild gooes chase to the mountains behind pitt lake. smart.

if any one wants to read the indians account of the lost spanish mine it can be found in this book.
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/784541.Daughters_of_Copper_Woman
Eventuly slumach was followed by SOME american prospectors, the father of my old friend walter. walts father moved here in the turn of the century, he found a gold mine but never exposed it, he did hand these chunks of silver to his son, after his son died 15 years ago, his wife let me photo them.
the gold from the story.
I GUESS WHERE THIS GETS WEIRED AND RELATES TO DEM DONES IS , the creek drAINS ON THE OCEAN NEXT TO A SAND STONE CAVE THAT IS CLEARLY A SMELTER, when i took the local shamon to the cave , he told me it was thousands of years old and was made by a bearded people from the beginning of time. this is where it gets weireder, the blue wall is at the odd elivation of 666 feet above sea level. if the smelter is thousands of years old then maybe to, is the placer mine. hmmm
hold your hats, but there is a cave painting in the cave, pigments imbedded in the sand stone. to see the cave painting of the prospectors from the beginning of time, see the photo below , if you can handel it. :notworthy:

Attachments

• MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 20,087
  • waltsgold.jpg
    waltsgold.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 7,058
  • MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 20,122

jamestaylor

Feb 24, 2007

That is real history....metal detect and dig around the smelter and possibly you will find evidence of who these people were. Maybe they left a few bars and never got back to get them....you never know. I would do this on your own...if our illustrious leaders see this they will send in their buddies. Good luck and I hope you are able to find out who these bearded people were....anything is possible...this is meant for YOU to find.....seek it out.....

gt

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jamestaylor said:
That is real history....metal detect and dig around the smelter and possibly you will find evidence of who these people were. Maybe they left a few bars and never got back to get them....you never know. I would do this on your own...if our illustrious leaders see this they will send in their buddies. Good luck and I hope you are able to find out who these bearded people were....anything is possible...this is meant for YOU to find.....seek it out.....

gt
screwed up, had a post and lost it .try again.
:dontknow: i would like to detect it but its 14 miles round trip. i want to do a arch dig, just look what they find in France.
i believe the smelter was used by the vikings and was taken from the Indians, until the indians took it back. its a thousand years later and its a national park, that means its back in the original builders hands again.
its mentioned in these sagas which i believe is just another vinland saga,
http://www.amazon.ca/Eaters-Dead-Michael-Crichton/dp/0060891564
the picture below shows the smelter from above, the painting is behind the smelter.
out the cave, in the sand stone, is anthracite coal seams, needed to smelt the ore.

Attachments

• wintercavesmelter.jpg
    wintercavesmelter.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 6,080

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hmmm said:
hold your hats, but there is a cave painting in the cave, pigments imbedded in the sand stone. to see the cave painting of the prospectors from the beginning of time, see the photo below , if you can handel it. :notworthy:

Hmmm

I'm sure that I can handle it, but the pic is too small to make out details.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

EagleDown said:
hmmm said:
hold your hats, but there is a cave painting in the cave, pigments embedded in the sand stone. to see the cave painting of the prospectors from the beginning of time, see the photo below , if you can handle it. :notworthy:

Hmmm

I'm sure that I can handle it, but the pic is too small to make out details.
:laughing9: :hello2: eagledown , "handle it" was a joke.
the old shaman i took to the cave told me "only the predecessors of the people who created the art can see it and understand it."
with that said look closer at the painting and think , faces of the artist who painted it. :icon_scratch:
we have decided to go back and try down stream, to get away from the big bolders. for me, 2 hours of digging caused two days of virtago, but it should be worth it.
the blue hole was there 25 years ago, it did not go away.

Attachments

• MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 19,762
  • MENF.JPG
    MENF.JPG
    5.9 KB · Views: 19,659
  • WILLY.JPG
    WILLY.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 5,760

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Queeshtah Che'Hahn

Now, that pic is great. Unfortunately, this old indians eyes are not what they use to be. :laughing9:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Before the shaman's chiefs son died, the son of the old chief told me his father was really interested in what i found. the old chief was killed by a drunk driver, sad, actually they have all 3 passed away now. the son told me that the person who knew the story's and location of the caves was the harpoon man, because the builders where going to come back via water and it was the harpoon man who would first see them. :notworthy:
i think the reason the natives could not see the painting is because they never knew what the white man looked like. un fortunately like drakes story , it to is locked up.
i will say , these caves and the art work is directly connected to slumaches lost gold mine. But the big question is , who is the little man in the caves.

Attachments

• MEND11.JPG
    MEND11.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 2,912

whosle

Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Hmmmm,

I am extremely interested in see-ing these carvings and photographing them. I have a great camera.

Please tell me any information you have on these carvings.

- Thanks

Camaro81

Oct 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow the carvings are amazing. I see leaves and a horse. And maybe a man. Plus a big X. Maybe the gold is in that rock. Is it sand stone as well? Maybe they put carvings on it to make it so people wouldn't want to write I it to look inside. An x marks the spot!

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Hmmm . . . you kind of lost me asserting lost Spanish gold placers etc. You can always draw
a crowd inserting them into an otherwise novel yarn.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Honest samuel :occasion14:
here is a set of pictures for you, from newly found faces to the giant welcoming figure made from stone.
facs.jpg whats this got to do with the lost creek mine? you ask. :dontknow:
Its evidence of history :icon_thumleft:
:laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:
Hooakhman,
yes i can use help, but i have many friends who will help me dig, when my shoulder gets better.

I would love to show you some of the fist sized nuggets , but unfortunately they are still sitting on the bedrock and after getting nearly 20 feet down with no bedrock we have to start all over.
:BangHead:
I do need assistance with one project that would help me to get those fist sized nuggets.
walt.JPG
Sitting on these nuggets is a very interesting substance that could be seen as a treasure all on its own.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tchest:This substance can be summed up in one picture. warface.jpg
Cosmetic clay with a punch, yes i am selling the clay that covers the gold as a way to fund the digging.
Although i have the clay on 56 cruise ships and some other small markets, its not enough.
I need exposure and help marketing the clay.
This clay is made up of HEALING GEMSTONES but what makes it so special is the history behind it.
:notworthy: This legend speaks of the importance of this clay from long ago.
The legend
In the distant past when the North West Coast of the American Continent was just beginning to emerge from the last great ice age, many legends were born. One of these magical myths, handed down by the Elders, describes the story of a revered coastal chieftain who was wounded in a battle with a Great Bear Spirit.
The chief suffered many wounds and was left by the Bear Spirit for dead. The mighty Eagle Spirit found the great chieftain, picked him up with his mighty talons and carried him high above the rain forest to a far away hidden valley, which was the home of the healing clay.
The legends say that the valley was the protector of this magical blue/green substance that could cleanse and heal all wounds. Eagle Spirit gently laid the chieftain in a clay bed where his wounds healed, as if by magic. The clay, as told by the Eagle Spirit, “is to be used for healing and purifying and is nature’s gift to all”. Aboriginal people have used the healing clay for centuries to cure burns, bites and wounds. The clay also holds beauty secrets, reviving up the circulation that helps purify and detoxify the skin, producing a healthy beautiful glow.
pm me
if you can help or know a cosmetic company who wants to jump on the clay band wagon.

oldsmith

Mar 13, 2014
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Garrett at gold, Garrett propointer, teknetics t2 se, tessoro sand shark,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, sir hmmm, huckster and charlleton come to mind reading your story. Please don't belittle the wonderfull lost treasure, lost mine, and ghost town history related to my home of B.C. Slumach was no where near the west coast of Van. Island . And as far as Mcleods lost millions , that was in the North west territories, far from Van. Isle and nope no oases up there lol. Lost Bonanzas of Western Canada books are available at any book store, gas station, and convenience store in western Canada. A very interesting bedside read.

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir oldsmith
There is no belittleing here .:laughing7:
As for slumaches lost creek mine, you can join Daryl in his search for slumaches lost creek mine if you truly believe in his quest. Curse of the Frozen Gold ? Watch Online | Full Episodes on History
But what if slumach only told the prospectors, who desperately where following him to the point of stalking him, that his mine was in the mountains behind pitt lake, to through them off the trail.
And what if the prospectors that followed him and found his mine, did the same thing, traveled the gold rush trails with a bag of slumaches lost creek gold, to through them all off the trail as well.

As for the lost bonanzas of western canads, of course i read it, i would like to point out the first 2 stories of the lost creek mine are in fact on vancouver island.

If there is truly a lost creek mine like the one in all the stories, why has it never been found :icon_scratch: and the only example of gold from these stories actually to exist, was from the son of a old prospector who lived in the town where the first story in the book was located.
"San Juan river of gold." Just open the book to page 4 and look at the number 1.
The story is "walters port renfrew lost creek mine" he showed off his fathers gold in the 80s and this gold matched the gold from the stories, a piece of gold with some quartz attached and chunks of ore where the pick marks cold be still seen.
It make sense that if this lost creek mine exists, then the place to look for it would be in the mountains behind the location of the only proof of this mine.
:laughing7: follow the gold not the story. :occasion14:

OP
OP
hmmm

hmmm

Jun 9, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Walters port Renfrew lost creek mine :laughing7:
According to the story Walters father had found chunks of bull quartz with chunks of raw gold in it, :thumbsup:
When his father and partner left the mine, his partner slipped a old gold brick in Walters fathers packsack.
:treasurechest: After they got home, the partner took the brick and Walters father kept the gold chunks.
In the 1980s old Walter showed off his fathers gold,
After he passed on, i was lucky to borrow the only pieces his wife could find.:occasion14:
I took pictures of them under a microscope, when i brought them back
to Walters wife, she let me break off a piece to keep, she has now passed and all the
gold/silver pieces are lost in time.
All except one tiny piece. :laughing7:
walt.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread