Jean Lafitte

BayouHunter

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2006
I live in south Louisiana and was wondering if anyone has any "concrete" evidence of possible cache's? Out of all pirates, this guy has the least amount of info on him. Living here, I have found lots of information, mostly folklore and such. Grande Terre island was a haven for prostitution, gambling, slave trading, etc.... This is located at the mouth of Barataria Bay, where a girl by the name of Katrina passed a couple months ago. There has been coins found on the island, and I plan on getting down there before next storm season. Fort Livinston is on the west side of the island was saw no action in the Civil War. I know he traveled west Louisiana and the Galveston area as well. Any good maps, books, websites etc..... Any help appreciated.

BayouHunter.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bayou,

I'm from New Orleans. The story is that Jean Lafitte buried treasure in many locations around southern Louisiana. The biggest was buried on Barataria Island. Nobody has officially found anything there that I know of. There is a lot of oil comany activity in the area.

Good Luck-Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one of their Cd's with different maps. The maps are FANTASTIC! Great resolution. The only issue I have is that you have to use a special viewer to see the maps. If you buy the CD, and the included viewer doesn't work, go to the website and download the current version. It works flawlessly.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread