Popcastle Inn Kittrell NC

C10steve

Tenderfoot
Aug 13, 2010
I have done a lot of research into the site of the Popcastle inn, located in kittrell nc. (Google it for background). I have made 2 trips to the area and have dead ended at a posted sign. I'd be more that happy to share my info with anyone who wants it. On a side note I also have a fantastic website link to a very extensive online collection of old maps(gathered by UNC). This is my first post, I live in Raleigh NC and also spend time near Orlando FL. I'd look forward to hearing from others in the area.

tomaine

Sep 15, 2010
I am about 3 hours away from this location, and am thinking about going to check it out. What have you found out about the place?

tomaine

Sep 15, 2010
Ok so I went to this location and its posted everywhere not to go near it, there are tons of nosey neighbors that came out. It is on an unpaved road and the road is extremely rough. My little car almost didnt make it.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The locals know about it and they want it for themselves.

Dec 18, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're close. But pretty far off, having never lived right there.

I've seen the forest around it. I've seen the map mistakes. The true area it's in has no nosey neighbors, and the horse track pit is still visible. so sure, be content tracking through that neighborhood.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions