swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ONE OF SWIFT'S MINES FOUND!!!!!

The mine found was probably one of the first ones Swift mined before he moved onto the easier and richer mines. I found it, going by an extremely early "Swift Journal". I will be going back out tomorrow in another area close by where one of Swift's smelters is suppose to be according to the journal.

Also, there are a few other places I am going to search nearby. I believe I have the general location down for the next mine that was supposedly richer and easier to work and another smelter. There are some cache sites nearby as well I will be hunting for.

I did get pics. of the mine and found an extremely old horse shoe and file below the mine. The mine has a large Wahoo standing in front of it as Swift stated and is extremely well hidden. The rocks Swift put in the mine entance are still there - I did not attempt to remove the rocks, as they looked extremely heavy and I am not suppose to lift over 15 lbs. according to the Neurosurgeon.

Z

ZumbroKid

Re: ONE OF SWIFT'S MINES FOUND!!!!!

Thanks for the update on this long lost treasure.

K

Kentucky Kache

This is good stuff. Take plenty of pics, and above all, be safe.

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, I don't have these pics developed yet (except some of one of the saddle gaps). I won't be posting the pics of the mine for now (or the saddle gap or any other pic that could give away the location). I have posted three interesting pics under the "Treasure Signs and Markers" section from this area you might want to check out!

I do want to share the pics and the journal and directions (and location) of the mine however! Like I stated, I have a few other areas to check out in the vicinity. In the meantime, I am going to start working on a book regarding everything - including ALL of the pics and the locations of EVERYTHING!

I would like to state that I have found some very unusual sites and facts that I have NEVER seen written about regarding the Swift's Mines.

The book will not take long to write, as I am a fast typer and have kept excellent records detailing everything. The part that will take long is exploring the rest of the area looking for some caches, smelters and another mine. I will be taking pics of everything along the way however!

snake35

Jul 25, 2005
West Virginia

I would really like to see some pictures. I had to come to Ohio for a week on family business. So there has been no treasure hunting for me. Good luck and be careful.

OP
OP
swiftsearcher

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Snake,

I know what you mean (by not getting a chance to get back out in the field). I haven't been back out since I found the mine earlier this week! I think I will be able to get out tomorrow finally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread