Anyone here familiar with the author L. Frank Hudson?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
frank had lots of "issues" with the govt -- due to his former high level life frank knew a lot of "insider info" -- like that the us govt hid gold on a small uninhabited island off of cuba (that was used as a staging gtound for the bay of pigs forces ) -- to be uses to pay off the senoir cuban military leaders to give up once castro was killed * however once the bay of pigs event went sour the island had to be abandoned very rapidly --the gold was left behind in the rush to leave --frank had plans to go back and get it . :wink: :icon_thumright:

the us govt was worried that frank would stir up a truck load of trouble --if he was caught down near cuba --fetching up the gold --plus they still viewed it a US Govt property.

frank really screwed up when according to the govt * (which may or may not be true) --he bulldozed into a indain burail mound area looking for treasure =-- the govt used this "reason" to move in on frank --taking all the documents and papers frank had gathered over the years and they told frank his "publishing" days were over -- print more info --get charged and thrown into jail over the "mound event" --- in other words shut up or else. frank just sort of faded into the woodwork after that.-- i'm not 100 % sure but i think he might be dead.

OP
OP
BobInFla

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
I have seen and read a couple of his publications. In 1974 he prepared some private documents for me that indicated the locations where many coins from wrecks had been found on shore. He was supposed to prepare some more documents for me but I never received them or heard from him again. That was in 1974. He had been paid in advance so I suspected, when I didn't receive anything further, that the first ones I received were bogus and never followed up on them. But I still have them.

I never met Frank nor even spoke with him by phone. Don't even remember how I first heard of him unless it was from one of his publications. He provided me with a brief resume so I was inclined to risk a little cash to see what he could provide. And all this time I just assumed he was just another con man.

Evidently you knew him much better than I. What level of credibility would you place on his work? I had always wondered about him and what became of him. Never had any idea if what he told me about his background was true or not.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
any info frank provided to you is most likely quite worth while * --frank was very good at intel gathering and researching for info.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Bobinfl. I was a good friend of Frank. I took care of him for 3 years before his death. I have a lot of his research material. He continued to publish his newsletter "Hidden Wealth" with mt help. Other than Social Security, that was his only means of support. I would be glad to answer any questions you have about him. I was involved in his Cayo Costa hunt.

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Salvor6 said:
Hello Bobinfl. I was a good friend of Frank. I took care of him for 3 years before his death. I have a lot of his research material. He continued to publish his newsletter "Hidden Wealth" with mt help. Other than Social Security, that was his only means of support. I would be glad to answer any questions you have about him. I was involved in his Cayo Costa hunt.

Hi Salvor

Where can I get the book hidden wealth- Frank Hudson - 1982 ?

Arch

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
architecad said:
Salvor6 said:

Hi Salvor

Where can I get the book hidden wealth- Frank Hudson - 1982 ?

Arch

Arch,

I don't believe "Hidden Wealth" was a book. Think it was a newsletter.

Joe Ribaudo

OP
OP
BobInFla

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
no book by that name by Frank Hudson, but there was a book entitled "Sudden Wealth" by Deek Gladson, another name for Karl VonMueller. It is available thru a couple of sellers on the Internet.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Joe you are right. "Hidden Wealth" was a newsletter published bi-monthly. I still have dozens of copies that were never mailed out. I can send you a free sample if you want one. Lot of good leads in there.

ippomike

Jul 8, 2011
Hi Im looking for Salvor6 in relation to frank hudson . I would like to discuss some of his research . If you are still around contact me on treasurent under ippomike Thanks greatly 7-8-2011

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
BobInFla:

Just to keep the record straight - "Deek Gladson" is a pen name used by Charles Dean Miller and his wife Gladyce M. Miller. "Karl von Mueller" is another pen name used by Mr. Miller.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Aug 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,

I'm trying to find out information regarding the Yeti Research Society that was formed by L. Frank Hudson and George R. Prescott. Do you have any information or could you point me in the direction of someone who does? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hi,

I'm trying to find out information regarding the Yeti Research Society that was formed by L. Frank Hudson and George R. Prescott. Do you have any information or could you point me in the direction of someone who does? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

FSAP,

The Society was disbanded some time ago. It's no longer investigating Yeti, as far as I know.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread