Lost misson , below lake waters..........

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
On the Mexico/Texas border, in the news, maybe a month ago, a couple were boating when the husband was shot .What is not widely known is that this couple were looking to photograph a submerged mission on the lake bottom..I have not read all posts here,so I dont know if its been discussed. Curious if any members have more imfo on the mission.My condolences to the widow.I am not new here,just been gone awaile,so had to make up new user name.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I remember that,I live in Texas, and that's a strange story,the couple were out on jet skies and he get's shot in the head,someone on the other side must have been a great shooter to hit him in the head.Our Governor says he wants the body back but hasn't done anything about it,much like the border. :dontknow:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen: The lead Mexican investigator 's head turned up in front of a military section, which suggested that some one did not wish it investigated any further, It is still stalled. There were a no of men chasing them both, shooting, her hubby was hit in the head, she escaped.

Don Jose de La Mancha

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Lopeno, Texas also lies under the same water of Falcon lake. My Dad's maternal grandfather, Andres Serna was the Pony Express rider from Lopeno to Zapata from 1900 to 1908. There's an article on him on Ripley's Believe It Or Not. The Serna ranch is one which has been under six flags since the King of Spain granted the land. Homar

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
I've followed the story pretty closely. It was the work of the Zetas. There were no reports of inconsistancies in the wifes story.

I've also wondered about the partially submerged church.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
So much for treasure hunting in Mexico!

OP
OP
M

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
Turned out to be a more interesting news item here than I expected.I wonder what the widow and her deceased husband were looking for,besides photos,and what the Mexicn narco gangs are hideing beneath the waters,enough to kill for. I would love to see that lake drained at least 3/4,to find out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread