Spanish gold trail monuments and markers

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Hi everyone! I believe a friend and I have found markers/monuments of the Spanish gold trail. I need some help with defining what they mean, like "doors" and so on. We read what they meant about 3 years ago when we first found these things, but then forgot about them until we went back today and discovered even more markers/monuments! Let me know if anybody out there can help in determining if we found anything or not.
Thanks!!

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Hi djui5
Thank you for your input and I wanted to let you know that I have posted pictures on the Spanish markers, (or something like that) forum. It was such a pain to get them on there that I don't EVEN intend to attempt getting them on another forum! Please go there and look for the same subject heading as I have been using here.

Thanks!
Twilla

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I see them now :)

The cross is interesting, and the X, but I can't really see anything else as the pictures are small.

OP
OP
T

Twilla

Jun 21, 2006
Sorry about the size of the pictures, but you are only allowed so many kb's and so I had to make them small. Can you save them to "my pictures" on your computer and then enlarge them from there? The bed was an exciting find for us because in one of the books my friend has it says they carved them to depict a campsite for while they were in the area mining! The picture of the one on the book she had showed a bed with a headboard and the picture I included has a headboard too! The hearts are also especially interesting since they are so clearly hearts. The flat stone one is about 10' from top to bottom and if you can enlarge that picture, that will give you some idea of how big the carved heart is. I had read several postings and replies in the forum for where I have the pictures posted and I saw pictures very similar to the ones I posted. I'm sure we have something but we don't know how to use the markers to get us to where we can find something. It's tough being a novice sometimes!
Have a great day!

Twilla

coda

Jun 29, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Detector(s) used
MXT
Re: Spanish Trail

Twilla,

I use to live just off the Spanish Trail in NV in the high desert. My father and I use to look for whole weekends for a cache once stumbled on to but never found again. The trail contained small settlements with huge treasures. Learn everything you can about the symbols since they indicate presence and locations of booby traps. They guarded it well. Sounds like a really cool adventure. Good luck and keep us posted.

coda

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread