82 Pound Gold Bar Cache Found

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I know this is from the mid-1980s. I had read the article back then not knowing I would eventually get to know the author.

I think this story needs retelling because it is one of the very few I believe actually happened.

Enjoy:

http://1oro1.com/jesuits/rqfind.html

rqmag1.jpg

Best-Mike

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that is what it's all about, the exploration and the adventure. Exercising the body and mind in something that you thoroughly enjoy. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TOK,

See, not only is it a story about someone that actually found some loot, it is also a warning to people who think that they can just go out and find a buttload of gold.

My friend got out of the military in 1956. He spent some of the money he had saved on a new Willys Jeep (he still drives that same Jeep to this day). Him, his brother, and two partners spent thirty years looking for treasure. His net was about $125,000 for thirty years of searching. If it were just about the money, it would be considered a very poor return on investment of time and money. LOL

Mike

OP
OP
gollum

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend has told a couple of people, but not many.

Mike

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful in its simplicity...the markings and the thinking of the treasure hider and the treasure finders.

Got to love it. :headbang:

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 sources for those who want to read more about Quinn's find. "Treasure" magazine story and Ron's book titled "Searching for Arizona's Buried Treasures". ronbullionmagazine.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread