Californias "Lost Padre" Mine Found (Again) - In 1927

jwcave

Dec 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Redrock Los Padres gold mine

Hey Mark, I sent you a few emails and no response. I'd love to hear more. Scott~Sgvalleyman
I met and talked with Mark, he is the son of Bill Mendenhall who first took me to the the Indian cave that he had dug out for a place to set off to the Mines behind RedRock. Bill told me how to get there, after a bad motorcycle accident and he was then confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. (he passed away in Kernville in 2007 I believe) I have pictures and some maps. The story is pretty interesting, and I have shared most of it with David Swift on another site.
http://redtailtrails.com/trails/the...-mine-legend-of-lost-padres-mine#comment-1107 on a film interview, although after over 8 months David has not gotten the film up.
I live in east L.A now. You can contact me at: [email protected]

JFM

Jul 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you still follow this thread. Please I mean NO disrespect. This is the truth, My Father did find the mine.! Don't ever doubt it. Secondly, there are / were only a few then and less now who knew. Mark was not nor is not one! My dad did not raise him. My dad did not have a relationship with Mark. He knows only what he has read and possibly heard by trying to be a Mendenhall. It takes more then having the last name to be Bills legacy. The closest Mark ever got was the handful of times he met me. But, The ego and image is all he cares about. I know and lived every detail of my dads life until he died. Right Wrong or Otherwise. I miss him terribly. I have a lifetime of memories that play back about this mine. I have pics and artifacts. I have my dads written words. Marks has a lifetime to wish he made an effort instead of BS' ing, what can I get for nothing, living on the coattails of someone you never knew unless you thought it was going to get you something. I would love to talk to anyone (not about Mark) but about the mine, about the history, what my dad did, found and him. I'm the one. I'm it. I am Bill Mendenhall's legacy. I have the answers, the storys the names the proof! And I miss my dad, So it is so cool knowing people still talk about what he accomplished! Respect to All.

hugabear

Dec 19, 2015
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello.. I recently started looking for information. My Great Great Aunt was Annie Briggs and I inherited her writings about the Lost Padres Mine.

Lightning boy

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any life left here?

The Foundation you seek is Up Mutah Flat way...it is very difficult to find, but I can give you directions! Unless you know what to look for a person can walk right over it & not see it. Directly behind that and up the side of the canyon wall is a Mine which has been blasted shut...no head-frames or any evidence of a mine being there, but it is. I have been there on many occasions. there's around 2 Tons. of high grade ore on a ledge waiting to be carried down by someone with a strong back

Hey King,
Are you still around? I could find that foundation in a heartbeat with a few clues as I live in the area and like exploring around there.
Anyone else?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread