Californias "Lost Padre" Mine Found (Again) - In 1927 - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Californias "Lost Padre" Mine Found (Again) - In 1927

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jan 2013
    11 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Kring of the Desert View Post
    The Foundation you seek is Up Mutah Flat way...it is very difficult to find, but I can give you directions! Unless you know what to look for a person can walk right over it & not see it. Directly behind that and up the side of the canyon wall is a Mine which has been blasted shut...no head-frames or any evidence of a mine being there, but it is. I have been there on many occasions. there's around 2 Tons. of high grade ore on a ledge waiting to be carried down by someone with a strong back
    ok, can i get directions? i want to find the los padres mine,,,i search alot and have clues...come on lets do this!

Sep 2013
    What about this document link talking about the Los Padres Mine?

http://www.conservation.ca.gov/omr/a...esentation.pdf

Is this completely different?
    There has been a lot of work to restrict and gain access by the state.
    Last edited by Castiac_Kid; Sep 08, 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: URL was truncated in original post

Jan 2013
    11 times
    hey castaic kid, I dont think that is the mine in question, but none the less very interesting info! they sure want to keep that entrance closed...

Jul 2013
    W
    30 times
    blazin, I am up here in the Pine Mountain Club where are you located?

Jan 2013
    11 times
    hi canam, im in saugus. i saw some of your vivdeos on youtube...looks like some awesome riding. i ride some of the trails out that way too, mostly alamo and frazier mntn from hungry valley. i check in every so often here, let me know if you want to do some searching!

Dec 2012

Redrock Los Padres gold mine

Quote Originally Posted by SGVALLEYMAN View Post
    Hey Mark, I sent you a few emails and no response. I'd love to hear more. Scott~Sgvalleyman
    I met and talked with Mark, he is the son of Bill Mendenhall who first took me to the the Indian cave that he had dug out for a place to set off to the Mines behind RedRock. Bill told me how to get there, after a bad motorcycle accident and he was then confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life. (he passed away in Kernville in 2007 I believe) I have pictures and some maps. The story is pretty interesting, and I have shared most of it with David Swift on another site.
    http://redtailtrails.com/trails/the-...e#comment-1107 on a film interview, although after over 8 months David has not gotten the film up.
    I live in east L.A now. You can contact me at: johnwesleychildress@gmail.com

JFM

Jul 2015
    I hope you still follow this thread. Please I mean NO disrespect. This is the truth, My Father did find the mine.! Don't ever doubt it. Secondly, there are / were only a few then and less now who knew. Mark was not nor is not one! My dad did not raise him. My dad did not have a relationship with Mark. He knows only what he has read and possibly heard by trying to be a Mendenhall. It takes more then having the last name to be Bills legacy. The closest Mark ever got was the handful of times he met me. But, The ego and image is all he cares about. I know and lived every detail of my dads life until he died. Right Wrong or Otherwise. I miss him terribly. I have a lifetime of memories that play back about this mine. I have pics and artifacts. I have my dads written words. Marks has a lifetime to wish he made an effort instead of BS' ing, what can I get for nothing, living on the coattails of someone you never knew unless you thought it was going to get you something. I would love to talk to anyone (not about Mark) but about the mine, about the history, what my dad did, found and him. I'm the one. I'm it. I am Bill Mendenhall's legacy. I have the answers, the storys the names the proof! And I miss my dad, So it is so cool knowing people still talk about what he accomplished! Respect to All.

us
    Dec 2013
    slo county california
    15 times
    Before we get into it. Which lost padre mine. Or which county is it in. Or mission is it associated with.

us
    Dec 2015
    Arizona
    2 times
    Hello.. I recently started looking for information. My Great Great Aunt was Annie Briggs and I inherited her writings about the Lost Padres Mine.
    H-2 CHARLIE and Lost Horse like this.

us
    Dec 2013
    slo county california
    15 times
    Any thing good to share? Were still actively searching in our spare time nice to meet ya bear

us
    Dec 2013
    slo county california
    15 times
    There are many Los padres I'm referring to a San Luis obispo county mine

Dec 2012
    on the rocks - so cal county line
    Gold bug pro / Whites coin master II
    492 times
    Neet stuff I live 1 hr away .
    Use to love to catch stripe bass off the dam .
    Any metal detecting for you guys up there pay off ?
    Now that the dirty work is done all's that is left is the digging

Dec 2017
    5 times

Question Is there any life left here?

Quote Originally Posted by Kring of the Desert View Post
    The Foundation you seek is Up Mutah Flat way...it is very difficult to find, but I can give you directions! Unless you know what to look for a person can walk right over it & not see it. Directly behind that and up the side of the canyon wall is a Mine which has been blasted shut...no head-frames or any evidence of a mine being there, but it is. I have been there on many occasions. there's around 2 Tons. of high grade ore on a ledge waiting to be carried down by someone with a strong back
    Hey King,
    Are you still around? I could find that foundation in a heartbeat with a few clues as I live in the area and like exploring around there.
    Anyone else?

Feb 2006
    1203 times
    Kring of the Desert has not logged on since October, 2013.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links