Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jul 2006

South Central, NY

Does anyone know if there are any stories of lost treasure in South Central, NY ?

us
    Sep 2009
    Southern tier of New York
    bounty hunter
    96 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: South Central, NY

Not Yet!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Watkins Glen N.Y. Finger Lakes Region,Beaver Dams N.Y.
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1065 times

Quote Originally Posted by fishandhunt_2005
    Does anyone know if there are any stories of lost treasure in South Central, NY ?
    type in Spinash hill N.Y. its near RT 17 and RT 220 there is supposte be gold buires there .....its not a big hill...but a lot of history there
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules
    NEL Hunter Coil 12 1/2" X 8 1/2"
    NEL Sharpshooter Coil 9 1/2" X 5 1/2"
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

us
    May 2010
    Long Island NY
    Whites M6, Garrett ProPointer
    1 times

And you always have Dutch Schultz's buried stash in Phoenicia NY.
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see. J. Lennon

us
    Dec 2007
    binghamton

Of course Spanish Hill is private property and there has been a house built on top of it....Someone from the Rosh family will happily fill your butt with lead if you go puttzin around up there...However,there is PLENTY to be found on the river banks and flood plain below spanish hill....
    Spanishhill.com is a great site to start with....

Feb 2005
    Tioga Co. Pa.

A lot of really neat history there, but never heard of any gold buried in the area.
    One legend has some cannons buried in a cave in the area though.

us
    Sep 2007
    45 times

Does anybody have any good leads about treasure in Connecticut? lovejoydc@att.net

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    Teknetics Omega,EuroTek Pro Fisher CZ5, Tesoro Toltec ll, ,Gray Ghost Ultimate's,Depth Master Super Phones II,Garrett Pro Pointer,Treasure Wise Diggers T10",T12" & T14" 28" Lesche Ground Shark
    1065 times

Quote Originally Posted by spanish hill hunter
    Of course Spanish Hill is private property and there has been a house built on top of it....Someone from the Rosh family will happily fill your butt with lead if you go puttzin around up there...However,there is PLENTY to be found on the river banks and flood plain below spanish hill....
    Spanishhill.com is a great site to start with....
    I was on Spanish Hill many times metal detecting in the early 70s long before the house was built its a cool place but i found nothing. Mr, Rosh use to let some people up there as long as the cows weren`t up there.
    That was a long time ago.
    Spanish hill hunter its good to see a fellow metal detector user around here and hope to see you some time and compare notes.
    Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal
    I`v been detecting for 45 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot

Jul 2010
    1065 times

Quote Originally Posted by simonds
    A lot of really neat history there, but never heard of any gold buried in the area.
    One legend has some cannons buried in a cave in the area though.
    Hi Simonds
    There is info at (The Chemung Historical Society Inc 415 E. water St. Elmira NY) about the indians seeing men with iron hats in a small boat with chests of metal discs,and chased them to Spanish Hill,while another party of men in iron hats seemed to be after the first party all were starved out, and the indians were scared to go on the hill it was a place that the indians were afraid of.
    Simonds i hope someday we can chat about this, and the hollow mountain with cannons i but i think that is in your part of the north central state PA. It was soposed to be a secret factory and some half made cannons are there, but i can`t find my stories about it now. Where are you in Tioga Co. ? I have other of info of Spanish things helmit, sword and cannon balls being found about 20 miles from Spanish Hill , near Horseheads N.Y. On a farm found around 1799 in a pine forrest while clearing the land. I have talker with a family member is the farm is still owned and said that is true.
    Thanks Gary G.A.P.
    NEL Sharp Coil 5"
    ReadyShovel Holster

us
    Mar 2010
    Republic of Texas
    153 times

Quote Originally Posted by Connecticut Danny
    Does anybody have any good leads about treasure in Connecticut? lovejoydc@att.net
    In Bridgeport, CT?

Sponsors