South Central, NY

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
fishandhunt_2005 said:
Does anyone know if there are any stories of lost treasure in South Central, NY ?
type in Spinash hill N.Y. its near RT 17 and RT 220 there is supposte be gold buires there .....its not a big hill...but a lot of history there

spanish hill hunter

Dec 23, 2007
binghamton
Of course Spanish Hill is private property and there has been a house built on top of it....Someone from the Rosh family will happily fill your butt with lead if you go puttzin around up there...However,there is PLENTY to be found on the river banks and flood plain below spanish hill....
Spanishhill.com is a great site to start with....

simonds

Feb 4, 2005
Tioga Co. Pa.
A lot of really neat history there, but never heard of any gold buried in the area.
One legend has some cannons buried in a cave in the area though.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
spanish hill hunter said:
Of course Spanish Hill is private property and there has been a house built on top of it....Someone from the Rosh family will happily fill your butt with lead if you go puttzin around up there...However,there is PLENTY to be found on the river banks and flood plain below spanish hill....
Spanishhill.com is a great site to start with....
I was on Spanish Hill many times metal detecting in the early 70s long before the house was built its a cool place but i found nothing. Mr, Rosh use to let some people up there as long as the cows weren`t up there.
That was a long time ago.
Spanish hill hunter its good to see a fellow metal detector user around here and hope to see you some time and compare notes.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Land or Sea Pointer
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
simonds said:
A lot of really neat history there, but never heard of any gold buried in the area.
One legend has some cannons buried in a cave in the area though.
Hi Simonds
There is info at (The Chemung Historical Society Inc 415 E. water St. Elmira NY) about the indians seeing men with iron hats in a small boat with chests of metal discs,and chased them to Spanish Hill,while another party of men in iron hats seemed to be after the first party all were starved out, and the indians were scared to go on the hill it was a place that the indians were afraid of.
Simonds i hope someday we can chat about this, and the hollow mountain with cannons i but i think that is in your part of the north central state PA. It was soposed to be a secret factory and some half made cannons are there, but i can`t find my stories about it now. Where are you in Tioga Co. ? I have other of info of Spanish things helmit, sword and cannon balls being found about 20 miles from Spanish Hill , near Horseheads N.Y. On a farm found around 1799 in a pine forrest while clearing the land. I have talker with a family member is the farm is still owned and said that is true.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread