Possible symbols from an ancient civilization?

bulldog5297

Jul 4, 2011

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
Those symbols look to have been done very recently. It almost looks like it was drawn in chalk by whoever shot the video. The site is exposed to sunlight and thus to the environment, yet the symbols are crisp and clear.

I'm calling hoax on this one.

OP
OP
bulldog5297

bulldog5297

Jul 4, 2011
Ok, if these are fake then fine. But let's assume for a moment they are real. They were In an extremely secluded area. I would like to know the meaning, if they are real. I realize the video makes it Look like they are out in the open but they are not.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning Bulldog: for a partial explanation go to -->

http://www.ancientscripts.com/maya.html

Incidentally swr, notice that they used linear texting, i.e. in straight lines both horizontally and vertically.

The picture isn't clear enough nor lasts long enough to make out any details, but the dots and bars tend to indicate
--> 5 10 12 15 odd.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like some of the stuff carved in rocks in Arizona and Utah. You should get hold of Steve Shaffer he is the expert on Spanish trail markers and knows some about the other symbols too. I think he has a website. I have three of hisbooks on Spanish trail markings and other info related. I have met him and his is so far ahead of most on trail markers which is probably what you have..how be its probably not Spanish.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Just want to second Don Jose's observation, looks like Mayan numbers to me. Could be quite an important find, or someone's idea of a good joke. I hope you will keep us posted, thank you in advance.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

BornOnFire

Jun 11, 2011
Sahuarita, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II DP; Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I get a clarification? In the video it appears that the writing is horizontal, yet in the pic posted, it is in a vertical position. What configuration is the writing when viewed on site? The position of these symbols make a huge difference in the outcome.

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
usernotfound said:
Springfield said:
This carving wouldn't be located in SE Colorado by any chance?

I'm curious why you thought, SE Colorado, but no.

Purgatoire River basin.

Your carvings appear to be carefully incised on limestone. I've seen a similar style of work in SW New Mexico, but the symbols are different.

Attachments

• Egypt.jpg
    Egypt.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 793
  • Egypt.jpg
    Egypt.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 427

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well, this is just my opinion but I think your interpretation could be way off the mark. Look at your symbols again, and then look at a chart of Mayan numbers:
http://www.authenticmaya.com/mathematics.htm

Those symbols you found look to be absolutely Mayan and are numeric, not Spanish or Jesuit etc.

I think you have a possible Mayan inscription there if it is ancient, and could be important. Just a personal opinion and I am NO expert - your interpretation could well be 100% correct.
Oroblanco

:coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

BornOnFire

Jun 11, 2011
Sahuarita, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II DP; Bounty Hunter TK4-PL Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Just curious if after two years was there any progress made in the OP's original inquiry? I gave my contribution of personal translations in PM's but never did hear back....A few months later, I mentioned these findings to Steve Schaffer and wouldn't you know? He also concurred that he was approached about it and gave his recommendations as well....all of this help from laymen to industry experts must have have pointed our inquisitor in some sort of a fruitful direction? Hope he had some success!

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Google" Symbols of Lemuria/Mu... got CAMPFIRE COFFEE?

There is much talk about coffee around these forums. I do not understand the reference. PM me if you must, but help me understand.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If you are "on the ground"/"out in the fields", CAMPFIRE COFFEE is GREAT (Coffee over a Campfire); as a Treasure Hunter doing R & I (Research & Investigation)... I LOVE my REGULAR Coffee at home, which I "make myself". OTHERS will have to "speak" for themselves, and it IS like a "inside joke" for "JAVA ADDICTS"... LOL! It COULD be a "CODE", tho... "google" SACRED Symbols of MU. NOW, for MORE restless days & nights!

Last edited:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are "on the ground"/"out in the fields", CAMPFIRE COFFEE is GREAT (Coffee over a Campfire); as a Treasure Hunter doing R & I (Research & Investigation)... I LOVE my REGULAR Coffee at home, which I "make myself". OTHERS will have to "speak" for themselves, and it IS like a "inside joke" for "JAVA ADDICTS"... LOL! It COULD be a "CODE", tho... "google" SACRED Symbols of MU. NOW, for MORE restless days & nights!

I will stick to the coffee. THE SYMBOLS OF MU would be a wild goose chase.

7=
/
<>
-
=
=
_
=
@

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 131

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting enough, all symbols are very precise and have three different sizes and distances from each other. These guys loved the numbers three and seven…among other things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread