Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello tat2guy

I have not heard of him?

It would be interesting if you can tell us a little more about him?

Crow

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
From what I've found Bacon and his band of pirates were from the area of Beach Island. They would lure ships into the shoals where they run onto a sand bar. Then they raided the ships.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems this John Bascons activities seem to be connected to the revoulutionary war?

A notoriously vicous local Tory, John Bacon, and his men also carried out the Barnegat Light Massacre during this same period in 1782. This heinous crime occured when Bacon and his men slaughtered twenty American crewmen who had salvaged British sloop. The Americans was slaughtered while they slept on the beach with the cargo from the salvaged sloop.

But as far as I know there was no mention of treasure from that event connected to him at least?

I hope this has been on some help.

Crow

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
His story is covered in a book tittled: Pirates of New Jersey by Mark P. Donnelly and Daniel Diehl. You can find it at Barnes and Nobles.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No not really, just read about him in the book and heard about him after reading the book. Wish I could tell you more.

Xhunter911

Mar 28, 2012
Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett freedom III coin commander
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pine barrens is a whole lot of area to cover, Id like to learn more about that.. Im fairly close to the souther part

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He sounds like common thief to me. Lastlet has a point and a sense of humor.

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've found theres not alot out there on this guy. I've seen some legend/story write ups that lead me to beleive he was moree a common theif than a pirate. Any opinions out there???
Either way, he bury treasures. Go for it. I live in Connecticut and seeking true stories about bury treasures that you are no long looking for. [email protected]

blackbeard1717

Sep 10, 2010
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Fisher IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Plates were recovered I believe in the 1960's or 1970's along with rusted cutlasses which were around the time of John Bacon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions