King Solomons Mines

K

Kentucky Kache

Re: King Solomon's Mines

I was saying that it is believed that the Greeks did this.
I don't doubt the Phoenicians being the greatest sailors, my
main point was trying to figure out who the native Americans
really are.

As far as Abraham goes, that was not child sacrifice. God stopped him.
From Abraham's standpoint, he knew that God had promised that his
seed would rise through Isaac, so, If God did take him, he would raise
him back from the dead. It was an act of faith (revelation).

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

I see that all of the danged pictures I posted failed to work. Loverly. Oh well, you can find them online.

You are correct, there are some historians who propose that the Mycenaeans taught Phoenicians the art, as there are many that credit the Romans with inventing concrete (they did not) so was just presenting the case, not saying that no historians agree. There are historians who claim that the Egyptians invented the art of seafaring, based on the finding of the ancient boats near the pyramids, again ignoring the Egyptian inscriptions that told where they bought the lumber and who built the boats. (Non-egyptians)

Hebrews continued to practice child sacrifice right up to the Babylonian conquest and captivity, there are repeated complaints in the prophets (and angering their god) about the practice of "passing children through the fire" to Moloch, burning children in sacrificial rites as the neighboring Canaanites did. The fact that Abraham was told to do it (but was not gone through) is taken by some theologians as the way of God to tell the Hebrews NOT to practice child sacrifice. The practice was against the holy law, but was difficult to eradicate. It is another of those "coincidences" we are supposed to keep swallowing that the Incas also practiced the very same ritual or very nearly so.

The recent DNA studies on Amerindians have had surprising results, with a majority having Asiatic roots (and Canaan is in Asia, we might note) but a minority having European roots. Our history books need some re-writing!

Oroblanco

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Oro... good to see you, again; King Solomon's Mine(s) is alluded to in the Royal Arch Degrees of the York Rite FreeMasonry... 'tis about TREASURE HUNTING! Gotta go thru the lectures, and see what I can "get" out of it... ALSO, review the Knight Templars history of living in the stables of K.S. Temple, and finding SOMETHING... the K.T. Order became VERY wealthy, and established the FIRST "banking system" in the 1200's - 1300's or so... they may have found the mines, moved the wealth to R.I. and elsewhere in the USA; so the stuff from Kentucky MAY WELL be linked... I just think the Knight Templars found it (or entrance to it) under the Temple in the stables... dunno. 8) (sunny out...).

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

A big HOWDY to you Reb, good to see you too! You have done a lot of research into the Freemasons, KT etc what do you think Henry Sinclair was doing, sailing off to the mysterious lands in the west? Was he hiding the KT treasure? Or something more important? For that matter, was Sinclair a member of KT? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Good questions, Oro... my research has indicated that Sinclair was Scottish Lord With lots of $$$$, who "sponsored" the KT: the Templars Fleet of @ 7 ships did disappear west, probably the USA around today's Rhode Island where the "Tower" is... they went north to Oak Islannd area and with local tribes of native Canadians on the nearby Island hid some of the KS Treasure... if you check tribal legends, there are reports of long-haired white men... some with red hair (vikings?); gotta get time periods looked into tho; in Texas, some KS swords have found found, so it doesn't suprise me that the Knight Templars married into the tribes, eventually (original Knights took vows of Chasity...) :o

treasure minder

Mar 18, 2006

I'm not going to get into this very deeply
i will state simply the facts of what i and my father found
in the mountains of new mexico.

first, goldbars with the ancient hebrew script
on those, the strikemark of King Solomon.

100 tons of gold, my father : Harvey Snow had his spiel in the book.

Victorio Peak, had many bars and artifacts found in there that spanned
thousands of years.
Not all of it from solomons time period.

At Casa Grande in arizona
a sea shell carved with the compass and square symbol of the freemasons was found

this supposedly dated from about the 1300's

hmmm, figure that

Yes, the KT did come to the southwest U.S.
Before Columbus
In search of the source of the Ophir Gold
they had the details of where to find it
from their discovery beneath the Temple Mound
during the crusades

This is my lineage
this i speak of was evidenced personally by myself and my forefathers

Government intervention caused this not to become common knowledge

Believe what you will

i am done here.

Rog'

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Hello Treasure Minder,

What shape were the bars with Hebrew script on them? Are you certain they were Hebrew script? NOT trying to cast doubt on what you are saying, but ancient Hebrew is very similar to ancient Phoenician, from which the Hebrew letters derived. Compare this yourself, first a look at the ancient Hebrew alphabet:

old_hebrew.gif

Now the ancient Phoenician alphabet along with other alphabets:
evolchar.gif

See what I mean? They are strikingly similar because Hebrew alphabet came from Phoenician. The two languages are also similar but with differences enough. Even the experts have difficulties at times. If the bars were shaped like modern cast metal bars, that is oblong rectangular bars then it is extremely unlikely that they are ancient as I tried to show above, ancient ingots were cast in very different shapes from what has been used in the last few hundred years.

Rog' you mentioned that some bars had the "strikemark of King Solomon" on them? Was it like this?
MFAJ05td0.jpg

also:
MFAJ05tf0.jpg

The reason I ask is because there are different versions of what the "seal of Solomon" really looked like. Some ancient sources say it was the six-pointed star like seen here commonly called the "star of David" but other sources say it was the pentacle or pentangle, a five pointed star. Finding the seal does not automatically mean it was of King Solomon! Here is one on an Arab coin,from the "Ayyubid dynasty" Aleppo, Syria, 1212-13AD

MFAJ05rh0.jpg

The six-pointed star was widely used by ancient Muslims. The shell you mentioned that seemed to date from the 1300s is pretty close to the Ayyubid dynasty in Syria, and we know that the ancient Arabs were in fact very good seafarers! Coincidence I suppose?

Do you have any photos of the inscriptions, strike marks etc that you could share? I would sure appreciate having a peek at them - I am not an "expert" in ancient writing and symbolism but have some experience in the field (learned in the course of writing a book) and much of what you have said is very intriguing to me personally. If the treasure or a portion of it could be shown to have been from King Solomon, this would be undeniable proof of ancient visitors to the Americas (which is the premise of the book I have been working on eight years now) however if they proved to have been of other origin, it does not reduce the value of the treasure. I hope you were not serious when you said "i am done here." simply because we may disagree as to the origins of the treasure or the age of it. I would like to hear what convinced you of the involvement of Solomon and Ophir? Wouldn't the fact that the artifacts in the cache dated over thousands of years tend to point to an accumulation from a national treasury rather than being deposited in ancient times? Of course without being able to actually examine the bars, armor etc we are left with conjecture - unless someone can come up with photos, even sketches would be helpful. If you don't have photos, can you remember the symbols you saw well enough to draw a sketch of them? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

"The one thing I remember about Christmas was that my father used to take me out in a boat about ten miles offshore on Christmas Day, and I used to have to swim back. Extraordinary. It was a ritual. Mind you, that wasn't the hard part. The difficult bit was getting out of the sack." –John Cleese

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS

Oro - 'Treasure Minder' has a long history of providing unpopular but very detailed opinions, family history, locations and explanations for the major treasure cache legends of the American Southwest, primarily those in New Mexico (San Andreas, Organ and Caballo ranges in particular). I say 'unpopular' because he has been publicly attacked, ridiculed and discredited at every turn by the small-minded (the ignorant, the religious, the closed-minded, etc) who could not accept what he had to say.

Rog' posted for a couple years at least on the Ancient Lost Treasures forum, providing a staggering number of long and comprehensive posts that were not for the weak at heart. You can try to retrieve those posts and judge for yourself, but the EZBoard search feature stinks and you may have limited results. His information does not come from TH books, magazines or forums such as this one. It comes from the experiences of himself and his family, who he claims are Knights Templar in lineage. His father, Harvey Snow, was well-known in the 'game' a generation or two ago. His contemporary family history has been cataclysmic to say the least. He is not an armchair TH-er.

When Rog' says he's 'done', I imagine he's saying that he's tired of repeating the same information over and over. You may be able to coax some things out of him, but when Rog' left New Mexico earlier this year, it seemed to signal some sort of change in his connection to all this.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Thanks Springfield for the info. I was not intending to attack him or his theories, only to discuss the ideas. There are some pretty wild theories out there, some well founded some less so. I am convinced there were pre-Columbian visitors to America, but hesitate to make connections without clear evidence. The seal of Solomon is not even known among the artifacts found that date to the time of Solomon for instance, the oldest known seal is on a Jewish tomb in Tarentum (Italy) that dates to the third century AD. The "Wisdom of Solomon" text which describes it as a five sided star or pentacle is believed to date to the first century AD or nearly a thousand years after Solomon lived. This seal of Solomon is shown on the national flag of Morocco, the six-pointed star version is on the Israeli flag. That was why I asked about what sort of symbols he had seen.

I can say that Treasure Minder's theories are not the most far-out that I have ever run across too. One involved UFOs leaving gold discs behind for a treasure hunter in Colorado, he then collected the gold discs (which were the size of an ashtray) and sold them, obtaining enough money to buy a new house. Well I got reading his tale and it seemed that the "UFOs" only showed up in violent thunderstorms, accompanied by lightning bolts. The UFOs he described sounded like ball lightning, being no bigger than a basketball and where the UFOs' tuoched the ground he would find the gold disc. Hmm. now Colorado is so shot through with veins of silver and gold that the USAF was unable to locate a downed A10 ground attack airplane, there are so many metallic veins their most sensitive equipment could not pick it out; if a vein of metal ran close to the surface it seems logical that lightning might well strike that spot, melting the metal and perhaps vaporizing some too. I have seen the glass-cones that lightning strikes can make, it is pretty neat and weird. Anyway to that fellow he thought that his "alien brothers" were leaving him gifts of gold, but really I think it was just a combination of unusual weather/natural deposits that paid off well. I hope that Treasure Minder will share a bit more info, I am not "locked" on what the treasure in Victorio Peak was (can't really know) so if he has some info..?

I will take you advice and look up what he has already posted. Curiosity killed the cat, you know! ;D Thanks again.
Oroblanco

treasure minder

Mar 18, 2006

Hi Oro
You are preaching to the choir with the script

I am already fully aware of the symbology

King Solomons strike mark
the one he had represented on his ships to Ophir
was not the star of David

nor anything like a star.

I am a descendant

simple as that
outside of the bloodline
very little is known by outsiders.

In a Crypt
behind the old beasley trading post
at the base of Soledad Peak
is where my anscestor
a Knights Templar Grand Master was entombed

this is in the Organ Mountains of New Mexico
out side the east end of Soledad Peak
He was in a stone sarcoughagus

The site has been destroyed by Military inteligence

the hollowed out cave is stilled there.
My anscestor was found entomb there
wearing his Templar Robe and ring.

The Solomonic strikemark
is well known to my bloodline
it is ours after all.

Big Brag for a skinny hippie like myself
yet, none the less the truth.

Many people contact me with a supposed need to know
for the strike mark
some, for selfangrandization.

I trust few
and rightly so.

Become familliar with the holy roman churches machinations
and realize from their desceit, and that of governing bodies
why it is we keep secrets from supposed authorities
and the unbalanced populace of a world made for wealth and power.

Simply, we i say that i have handled these items

i tell the truth
we i say i KNOW what they are
that too has been proven.

Sacred geometry is everywhere appearent on
this continent as well as all others.

Colorado, at a site strangely named OPHIR even today
can be found the ley lines of the golden mean laid out in perfectly
straight grouves carved in the table top of the mesa.

LAZOR straight.

OPHIR, being a special deposit

the secret being kept by Davidics and esoterics.

It is as I say it is,,,,,,,,,,, PERIOD.

Rog'

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Greetings Treasure Minder,
King Solomons strike mark
the one he had represented on his ships to Ophir
was not the star of David

nor anything like a star.

OK you got my interest!

Were the marks you saw similar to this?
glyphsm.jpg
OR were they more similar to this: royal-symb.JPG

Is there any way you could sketch what you saw and post it?

Many people contact me with a supposed need to know
for the strike mark
some, for selfangrandization.

Well I am working on a book, but my prime motivation is to give credit to the ancient explorers, not to aggrandize myself. I don't "need" to know - I have my own research to rely on, which should confirm or deny whether it is from Solomon or no - you have stated that you saw the strike mark of Solomon on gold bars, so I am asking what it looked like? It is possible that the bars are from Solomon, even if the shape would be highly unusual for that age; I am simply trying to confirm your statement. However you must know how many BS-ers are out there, which is why I am bothering you about the strike mark - it would have been unlikely to be a Star of David or the five-pointed star.

It is as I say it is,,,,,,,,,,, PERIOD.

I take it that you do not wish to discuss the subject, that you have your own conclusions and do not care to explain them to someone. I can respect your position, but would appreciate if you could just answer the question about the strike mark, I won't trouble you with any further questions.

I also have to qualify a statement I made earlier, that the name "Ophir" appeared NOT to be Phoenician in origin, actually there is good reason to think it is Phoenician. The fact that the name ends in "...IR" is a strong indicator of Phoenician origins - for the Phoenician and Punic cities of Agadir and Rusaddir have names that end in "IR" and it is fairly common for Phoenician names for cities/places. My Phoenician/Punic dictionary does list Ophir as "land of fire" (same meaning as the Amerindian name "Pi-ru") and Hebrew dictionaries list the meaning as ""reducing to ashes" which is similar.

Roy ~ Oroblanco

treasure minder

Mar 18, 2006

Try this

are you familliar with code?

Templar Code ?

" OPHIR"
DECODED,,, TAKE THE FIRST LETTER,,,"O"

TAKE THE LAST LETTER,,,"R"

YOU HAVE "OR"
LATIN FOR GOLD

TAKE THE THRE CENTER LETTERS ,,, " PHI"

THINK GEOMETRY INCREMENT

GOLDEN BY PHI

GOLDEN MEAN
SACRED GEOMETRY

ALCHEMY.

ON THE SHAPE OF THE BARS

AS I SAID AT THE BEGINNING
THE BARS WERE SMELTED WAY BEFORE THE TIME OF SOLOMON

THEY ARE "NOT" HEBREW SMELTED
AND THE MOLDS USED WERE OF VARIOUS MATERIAL TYPES, SHAPES, FORMS

THESE I HELD IN MY HAND AS MY ANSCESTOR HAD
I RECOVERED ONE BAR

THE STRIKE MARK WAS ON IT, ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE BAR
WAS THE ANCIENT SCRIPT

HERE,,, TRY THIS

TAKE THE HEBRW "G"

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT ACTUALLY STEMS FROM?
ITS A WEAPON

EACH SYMBOL IS A PICTURE SYMBOL

LOOK CLOSELY AT THEM
YOU WILL SEE ONE IS A HOUSE

OTHER ITEMS FOR OTHER SYMBOLS

CARVED IN DORCEY CANYON
IS A HEBREW SYMBOL

IT IS THE WEAPON
LOOKING AT THE SYMBOL TURN 180 DEGRESS
THERE IN THAT BLUFF BETWEEN DORCEY AND RUCKER CANYON, IS A CAVERN
IN THE CAVERN, EVEN TODAY AS I WRITE THIS
ARE STORED THE WEAPONS OF THOSE SOLOMON AGENTS FROM THAT TIME.

THIS IS ALL IN THE ORGAN MOUNTAINS

AS SPRINGFIELF HAS ALREADY RELATED

THIS IS NOT FROM ANY BOOK
IT IS MY LIFE
MY LEGACY
MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

THESE CARVINGS ARE ALL BLOODLINE CARVINGS
THEY ARE A COMBINATION OF MANY ANCIENT ESOTERIC CULTURES

THE SYMBOLS WILL BE CABALLA/KABBALLA

I AM NOT A TREASURE HUNTER PER SE'

I AM AN INHEIRITOR OF A LEGACY.

HERE, TRY THIS NEWS

KING RICHARD THE LION HEART ON HIS RETURN FROM THE
CRUSADES
WAS CAPTURED AND HELD FOR RANSOM BY KING FREDERIC OF GERMANY

THE KNIGHTS TEMPLAR SUPPLIED THE TREASURE TO REDEEM RICHARD

WHERE DID THAT RANSOM GO?

FREDERICK NEVER RECIEVED IT

THE KNIGHTS ROBBED IT BACK FROM THE COURIERS

LOADED ABOARD THE SHIPS AND SPLIT

AFTER AWHILE
IT RETURNED TO OPHIR

A KINGS RANSOM HERE IN NEW MEXICO

THATS JUST PART OF WHAT WAS IN VICTORIO PEAK AND ALL ALONG THE MOUNTAINS OF THE AREA.

HISTORY HAS NO RECORD OF THIS EVENT.

ALSO
INSIDE VICTORIO PEAK WAS FOUND 9 CARVED STATUES
CARVED FROM A HARDWOOD
EACH FIGURE WAS THAT OF ONE OF
THE ORIGINAL KNIGHTS TEMPLAR
THESE WERE REMOVED BY GI'S
WHO SHOWED THEM TO
THE OVA NOSS FAMILY PROJECT

I SAW THE PHOTOS AND KNEW WHAT THEY WERE EXACTLY.

KING SOLOMONS MINES NEVER EXISTED
HIS GOLD WAS FROM THE STOREHOUSES
IN THE CAVERNS OF THE SOUTHWEST

PERIOD.

SPRINGFIELD IS FAMILIAR WITH PEOPLE I HAVE TAKEN IN TO THE MOUNTAINS
THEY FOUND THAT WHAT I UNRAVELED FOR THEM TO BE MIND BLOWING

AS I UNRAVELED THE SYMBOLS
EVEN THE ESOTERIC
THEY FOUND IT ALL INDISPUTABLE.

NONE OF THIS IS FROM A BOOK

ITS FROM MY LINAGE

Rog'

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Greetings,
Thank you Rog for the reply! The idea of mystical codes and gemiatry involved take a lot of faith - and we do have the statement of Philo that there were mines even though the OT makes no mention of them. The gold in 'storehouses' had to originate somewhere.

I am convinced that the Old Testament is in fact full of codes, as has been fairly proven by researchers (as in the Bible Code) however we are venturing into thin ice when we try to link many different things through the use of codes as they are incredibly difficult to prove.

Dissembling the name Ophir into O-PHI-R is interesting, but remember the Hebrew spelling was not a "PHI" but with the hard "P" and is pronounced this way in Tiberian Hebrew, like "Oh-Peer". If we are to take the "PHI" in Ophir as the Greek letter, then we have to look at the way it was spelled in the Septuagint (Greek translation of bible) which was "O-U-(can't make the Greek letter "PHI" here but that is the way it is spelled) -E-I-R or to approximate in Roman letters, OUFEIR. Now if you take the first and last letters O and R you are left with the four letters U-(Greek letter phi)-E-I which does not equate to any golden mean or sacred geometry. (See The Behavior of Strong and Weak Verbs in Modern and Tiberian Hebrew, an OT account by Joel M. Hoffman, Hebrew Union College online at:

http://www.exc.com/JoelHoffman/Publications/IATL13.pdf

Not wishing to correct you here but taking the first and last letters, O and R making "OR" does not make the Latin word for gold, as the Latin word is "Aurum" (hence our scientific symbol for gold being AU) though the Spanish word is ORO. Also remember that the Greek version dates no older than Ptolemy II (Philadelphus) around 285-247 BC or over 700 years AFTER the time of Solomon, so the use of the Greek letter "Phi" is not likely to mean something in the time of Solomon even though Greek writing did exist in his time, few texts survive today and the letter 'phi' is not known. Phi has a numerical value of 500, and represents the golden mean (1.618...) but why would this meaning be linked to the name of a place written in texts that date to more than three thousand years ago, when these meanings were not linked?

It is a very interesting theory you have, (I am NOT saying you are incorrect!) and I do not doubt that you are convinced of the validity - however you neglected to answer my question about the strikemarks (oversight?) and now state that the gold bars are cast well before the time of King Solomon (~1000 BC) which is quite a statement to put it mildly! There are cast metal ingots that do predate Solomon (early cast copper tools for instance and trade ingots) but no rectangular, 'brick' style ingots that I am aware of - and it would be very difficult to prove a date. Gold is thought to be the first metal used by man, but cast gold came much later. Why do you say the gold bars are cast even before the time of Solomon?

The Hebrew "G" meaning a "weapon" is a new one on me - the letter "g" is in Hebrew (and Phoenician) "gimel" and means "camel" not a weapon. I have done quite a bit of research on ancient Phoenicians and Hebrews, so I see no support for the Hebrew "G" meaning any kind of weapon. Why would it represent a weapon? The Phoenician and Hebrew letter "Z" (Zayin) DOES mean a weapon, it means "sword". (Hence the fictional "Zorro" character use of the letter-insignia) The letter Lamech ("L") means "goad" as in ox-goad - so now I am confused as to the connection of the Hebrew letter G (gimel) with a weapon.

I apologize if my failure to understand or grasp your theory is irritating to you, as you have posted; I get the impression you would rather not explain it (publicly at least) - just that your theory got me interested as I have been working on a project on ancient visitors to America and it sounded like possible solid evidence. Thank you for your time, and I hope you have a great day.

Roy ~ Oroblanco

"There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure."--Henry A. Kissinger

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON

Springfield said:
Oro, if I'm not mistaken, the "golden wedge of ophir" is a descriptive term that refers either to the source of the gold, or an aspect of Ophir, not the shape of the bars themselves. Therefore, we might try to figure out what a 'golden wedge' could mean.
I recall some other modern area being described as a 'golden wedge' - a large river delta saturated with alluvial gold.

Springfield said:
And ... tunnel systems. Are there any rumors or legends about tunneling occuring under any of your various parts of the country? Specifically, distinct 'diesel-like' noises seeming to come from subsurface, or 'off-limits' buildings that are constructed then are dissassembled and removed a couple yrears later with nobody knowing what their purpose was? Just wondering.
If even the park wardens have been warned of 'dangerous caves', maybe those booby-traps are still active?
Gord

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

HOLA my friend Joseph, and howdy to friends Treasure Minder, Blackbeard and all the other friends here,

Thanks for the kind words Tropical Tramp! You know, your posts here on T-net and elsewhere impress me all the time, though I frequently fail to tell you. Your research on Tayopa and the early Jesuits are especially outstanding, I still hope that you will publish your work some time soon.

Treasure Minder I hope you did not get the impression that I was trying to 'pick apart' your theories, I am simply having trouble grasping the connections and meanings, which if taken by the simple definitions (like Hebrew 'G' mentioned earlier) the connections are not clear to me. You must have reasons why you arrived at your ideas, which seems to suggest that some of the meanings you have, come not from ancient Hebrew but from other (and later) mysterious groups like for example the Knights Templar. Am I correct in assuming this? The other reason I say "later" is your mention of one symbol resembling a house; I presume you are referring to the Hebrew letter "B"?

The modern Hebrew letter "B" ("Bet", ancient "Beth" and means "house") is in gemiatry equivalent to "2" and is thought to refer to the two parts of the Torah, the Written Torah and the Oral Torah. The shape too has meaning, that it is closed on three sides is taken to mean that you are allowed to question (God) about what happened after Creation, but not before, nor about what is in Heaven or beneath the Earth. When written as a prefix, it can mean "in" or "at" or "with" (in Phoenician it has even more meanings). Here is the shape of the modern Hebrew letter "B"

ב

Compare this to the ancient form (identical to the Phoenician form) which is quite different:

Phoenician_beth.png

(Sorry about the size difference, can't seem to get the sizes close.)

Your mention of some inscriptions and symbols found can indeed have a great deal of meaning, without even having to resort to any codes. Ancient Hebrew and Phoenician were written without vowels (they were implied) and were almost a sort of "shorthand".

*Side note, to give an example of how much information could be included with a very brief text; I obtained a bronze Punic coin from the ancient city of Agadir, known to the Greeks and Romans as Gades, modern Cadiz Spain, which had five Punic letters on the obverse (heads) side. Not one of the reference books on ancient coins had an explanation/translation of what was written on these ancient coins, so I set to work to figure it out myself using my Phoenician and Punic dictionaries as well as a Hebrew dictionary I borrowed. The five letters were B-P-S (actually the Punic letter "Sh", shin, not samekh) -H-R. There was no listing for a word like that, but eventually it dawned on me this was several words; B meant "Ba" and translates to "For payment" (or for exchange) P meant "Pa" translates to "by permission" (or agreement) and Sh-H-R was the word "Shoher" which means "merchants". So the five letters actually mean "for payment (or "for exchange") by agreement (or by permission) of the merchants" - very much like we have on some old trade tokens! An even more striking example is found in one of the few Punic texts which survives to our day, the Periplus of Hanno (sixth century BC Punic explorer who sailed round Africa and may have even reached America) for when the Greek historian Polybius copied the text from a plaque in the temple of Baal Eshmun in Carthage, it took up only eighteen lines in Punic. When translated into English, it takes 834 words and 84 lines!

Have you translated the inscriptions you saw on the bar that you handled, just to see what it says (prior to working out any coded message)? I am trying to make the connections between a pre-Solomonic source for the gold, to the navy of Tarshish and Ophir, to the Knights Templar to Caballa to Victorio Peak, it is quite a convoluted path of linkages and I fail to see most of the connections. You also mentioned Rucker canyon, do you mean in New Mexico or the one here in Arizona? (That one is less than an hour drive for me from home, which is why I ask.) Cabala, (meaning "received lore" approximately) as a side note is thought to date to about the second century BC, or about 800 years after the time of Solomon. You have mentioned Rog, that this lore and secret coded information has been passed down in your personal family - however I get the impression that you must have had to figure out at least some of this yourself? It is an interesting alternative history, to say the least!

Tropical Tramp I saw your fellow member of the Explorer's Club on David Letterman tonight, Gene Rurka, serving up some less than appetizing insects as food! Your club members DO get around don't they, (you included!) heck maybe someday you will personally be invited to appear on one of these talk shows, to tell the true story of Tayopa! I hope you will!

Well sorry for yet another lengthy post, this idea of hidden codes, the Knights Templar, Cabala etc all involved and directly related to the Victorio Peak treasure and King Solomon's mines really peaked my interest and got the gears cranking.

Roy ~ Oroblanco

"Recognize what is in your sight, and that which is hidden from you will become plain to you . For there is nothing hidden which will not become manifest." Gospel of Thomas 5

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta

Very interesting thread so far. Many of you know what you are talking about. To me it seems there is just too many "coincidences" for all the similarity's between lets say the Aztecs and some of the other ancient cultures to be chance alone.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Hi Thorgrim,
There almost has to have been some level of contact between the Old world and the New in ancient times, proof exists too like the Egyptian mummies which were found to have ingested coca and tobacco in their lifetimes - products which are very American in origins.
Oroblanco

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread