OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Re: King Solomon's Mines

Hey Randy, I only caught the first ten minutes of that - what did they conclude? I only ask because all the 'experts' seem to want to identify ONE place as "Sheba" (or Seba or Saba) but I have found ancient references that state pretty clearly that both eastern Ethiopia and what is today Yemen were ruled by the same monarchy (in Diodorus Siculus and Strabo) so both places would be "correct" while ONE would be wrong.
Roy ~ Oroblanco

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta

I was talking with a friend about king Solomon's Mines and it jogged my memory about a documentary I had seen.

They said that the 1st crusade (not sure) was actually started because the Knights Templar wanted to take over a certain city that the Muslims held that had King Solomon's Treasure. After they took the city I guess within a few years they started dominating the oceans with a superior fleet of ships. Apparently when they were finally defeated some of the remaining fleet turned to piracy. The flag the KT fleet used on there ships was a skull and cross bones which became associated with pirates afterwards.

That's when it hit me! After they found King Solomons Treasure they started dominating the ocean because they must have found information on how to improve their ships. Duh! This ties right in to what we were talking about.

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Re: King Solomon's Mines...

Yo! Rebel here: ;D VERY interesting thread... Actually, the K.T. probably found the "scrolls" under the K.S.T. to indicate where the "mines" were; then went to work, getting it... becoming VERY wealthy, VERY "independent" of the church and various kings in Europe... establishing the FIRST world "banking system"... went to Scotland, then to America... leaving "clues" of their presence in may places... Pirates? YEP! read about how the term "Jolly Roger" came about... from King Roger I of Sicily, former K.T., who became a PIRATE! :o YO HO HO !!! ;)

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Me again, HA! :D SORRY, it was the son, who did it... King Roger II of Sicily... (singing... 'What cha gonna do, when they come for you... BAD BOY! BAD BOY!... AHOY! MAKE 'EM WALK DA PLANT !!! YO HO HO !!!) ;)

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Greetings,
Rebel wrote:
went to Scotland, then to America... leaving "clues" of their presence in may places

And there is more tantalizing stuff! For who lived in the north of Scotland, ruled over the northern isles but Henry Sinclair!

The Knights Templar were outlawed in France in 1307 and in other countries soon afterwards, with Scotland being a last 'holdout' area for them. What did the Templars find under the Temple mount, which they excavated? (Today impossible to do as it is under the 'black rock' mosque, the spot where Muhammad is supposed to have stepped into paradise) One theory has it that they found a skull, which belonged to John the Baptist (in fact they were accused of worshipping this skull) while others said it was the skull of Jesus of Nazareth. Did they find the "holy of holies" the Ark of the Covenant? Or did they find the tomb of Solomon himself? (The tomb of king David, which must have been nearly as rich as the tomb of Solomon since he left thousands of talents of silver and gold besides that which he was buried with - was looted by a later king of Judaea.) It is undeniable that the Templars became extremely wealthy, some thought this was from the revenues of handling the pilgrims going to Jerusalem as well as the spice trades and silks - however it is strange that they did seem to become suddenly wealthy, not just slow accumulation as would accrue from taxes and tariffs. Then the Templars were harried and harrassed until their only remaining area was in Scotland, and where we find Henry Sinclair sailing off to what can only be America in 1321 - only fourteen years after the crackdown and persecution of the Templars began. Was Sinclair a Templar?

Where did Sinclair go in America? From the text of his chronicler and navigator Nicolo Zeno, we can identify the area as Nova Scotia (one key clue is an oil seep there) and there we find more enigmatic clues as well as in New England, such as the strange stone tower in Rhode Island which was found by the first "official" European explorer to the area (Verrazano) so had to predate Columbus. There is the tomb of Sir James Gunn near Westford Massachusetts (one of Sinclair's knights) who must have died in America. And in this same region we have one of the most enigmatic lost treasures of all - the mysterious and deadly Oak Island money pit!

I know this is tenuous linkage, but if I were a betting man I would put money on Oak Island being created by none other than Henry Sinclair in 1321! What he might have buried there, had to be something of such stupendous value and - or tremendously powerful, too dangerous to allow to fall into the hands of anyone. If Sinclair was in fact a Templar, and we know the Templars were being wiped out in Europe, he may have come into possession of something the Templars had found on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem which they did not want any European king to have possession of. The Holy Grail perhaps? Solomon's treasure? My guess would be the Ark of the Covenant! This would be too powerful an artifact to allow to fall into the hands of a king, and would have justified the extraordinary death traps built into the "Money Pit" - to prevent anyone ever getting it! Sinclair had the time, the ability, the manpower and engineers it would have required, IF he was a Templar (there is reason to believe he was) it certainly looks like he was doing something for the dying brotherhood, like spiriting the Ark or Grail away to a land not known by any European king and burying it in such a way that he would feel confident that no one would ever be able to lay hands on it, not with out knowing how to do it, which secret he kept.

Sorry for the long message, just got carried away again!
Oroblanco

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Good Oro, U R on the correct "track" Sinclair, to my knowledge WAS NOT a Templar... he WAS a VERY WEALTHY Scottish Lord, who "sponsored' the K.T. and Rosslyn "Temple"... in sailing to America. they stopped in Ireland when K.T. stuff have been found... to today's Rhode Island (where the Newport Tower is...) NORTH to Oak Island, where some stuff was stached on a nearby island where Native Canadians helped... THEN... thoughout the decades... K.T. intermarried with various native people in Canada & America... leaving swords, treasures in Texas... at the Peak... etc. etc. Canada has MORE K.T. & KGC stuff now... in America, US gov't put LOTS of stuff into Fort Knox... :o

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

HOLA Rebel! Funny you should mention Ft Knox! I was stationed there a few decades back, and one fine day (off duty of course ;D) I decided to go take the 'tour' of the store house with all the gold. I was shocked when I got to the gate and they refused to let me enter. I said what about the tours, and the guards told me they had stopped allowing tours of the vault. So I started asking around and got a very strange rumor - that there was a really good reason why they were not allowing anyone to tour the vaults anymore, because there was NOTHING in there! I got more curious so asked a few officers and was told "no comment" several times, along with that rumor was false the vaults were full of gold. So why no tours? What, do they expect someone is going to slip a few eighty pound bricks of gold in their pockets and sneak out?

Well a couple of years ago there was a special on TV touring the vaults, because of that nasty rumor! The program showed room after room filled to the ceiling with bars of gold. Hmm, now how can you tell from TV if they are real gold bars, or if the rooms are actually filled, not just a facade of bars in front by the doors? We can't, but the TV special accomplished the mission of dis-spelling the rumors - however it really didn't prove anything. I do know they store a surprising amount of gold in West Point (of all places!) and a lot was buried in the collapse of the Twin Towers on 9-11 which few people knew about until after.

I have to make a correction - I wrote 1321 (must have been thinking of that new book/theory 1421, the year the
Chinese discovered America/Australia/Antarctica/circumnavigated Earth etc - pretty far out stuff) when the correct date would have been 1398 for the year when Sinclair sailed to America. More than ninety years after the suppression of the Templars began in 1307.

Sinclair is quite a mystery - for I have seen both claims with evidence to support it, that he was NOT a Templar, and that he WAS a Templar. If he were not a member of the Templars, why should they trust him to haul away and secret (hide) their most valuable/dangerous treasures? Even Sinclair's voyage to America is shrouded in mystery - he allowed no maps to be made, and why did Sir Gunn die? Fighting with natives? That would argue against cooperation/intermarriage with native people, or perhaps they forced labor of natives to help in the massive work at Oak Island, the stone tower in R.I. or the stone walls/fortress in Quebec? If it were forced labor, they might not be too friendly - but this is ALL conjecture on my part. Maybe Gunn died of illness or mishap, or even old age - a knight would not be out of character to go adventuring in his sixties if he felt fit enough to go. Sinclair left clues in Rosslyn, if we can figure them out. Whence came the coconuts, or to be more precise the coconut fiber? Quite a bit was used in the drain lines making the traps, and it surely didn't come from Nova Scotia or New England! Did Sinclair voyage further south? Zeno makes no mention of traveling farther south than where Rhode Island would be; but then Zeno was not a Scot either but a Venetian. There is also a Zeno map, which did not appear until 1558 (produced by a descendant of Nicolo) and is believed by some scholars to be a hoax, produced to grant Venice a claim on the newly discovered lands in America.

To play the devil's advocate, if Sinclair were not transporting something terribly valuable/dangerous to a 'secret land' (remember Carthage seemed to consider America her own secret land) what on Earth was he doing? He was certainly not exploring, not in the manner of Lief Erikson or Columbus, he made no announcements to the world about any new discoveries, apparently didn't found new colonies, nor make any attempt to exploit the Americas for the abundant timber, furs, fish, etc nor explore for minerals. So what was Sinclair doing on that voyage, if NOT carrying away some kind of Templar treasure/dangerous artifact to a place where no European would be able to get it? To me, it rather looks like Sinclair WAS spiriting away Templar treasures to America, which would fit with his behavior, and explain many things - like who actually built the Money Pit, and what is buried within it.

I have not made the connections to the KGC, in my opinion the linkage is just too tenuous for me. On what research I have on the knights of the golden circle, they were really a Civil War-genre group. It should not be surprising to find KGC evidence/linkages in Canada, where many a Copperhead went rather than be drafted into the Union Army.

It is interesting, and I realize that much of the theories cannot be proven with the evidence we have - however there are known facts; the Ark of the Covenant disappeared from history, and according to the bible was "hidden in it's place" - where was that place? Under the Temple Mount? If so, (another IF) then it is quite possible that the Templar knights could have found it; the huge treasure amassed by king Solomon almost certainly had a good amount buried with him - but where was Solomon buried? Under the Temple he built? It would not be unheard of; Solomon was certainly NOT buried where the other kings of Israel were buried (and tombs later looted by Judaean kings hungry for money) and what about the Holy Grail? A major problem with this 'house of cards' theory (maybe not quite that shakey!) is where the Templars stored their most valuable or dangerous treasures? Ancient sources say Malta, but like you mentioned Rebel, they were really the first 'bankers' of Medeival times; if their treasures were stored in France, why is it that the King of France or his agents failed to locate and seize any of it? Sicily was another stronghold of the Templars, with plenty of castles etc but again no Templar treasures ever found there either. As rich as the Templars were, virtually nothing of their vast treasures has ever been found! Then we have the wild cards in the mix, like the Cathars of France; were they truly allied with the Templars?

Of course this is the stuff of which Hollywood conjures up movies like the Da Vinci Code and similar high drama and mystery, however Hollywood (and the authors producing their screenplays) take great liberties with the facts and mix in all sorts of utterly un-founded (if thrilling and controversial) myths along with the facts. There is even a relatively new 'genre' of fiction books now, called "Historical Fiction" but sold IN the NON-fiction, historical sections of bookstores, written by the same sorts of authors who just love to mix in fantasy with fact; and we the public have many folks who cannot tell the difference between historical fiction and history. I really wonder what the future holds with people accepting historical fiction AS history! ???

Sorry for yet another long-winded post - I get carried away pretty easily with this subject. Good talking with you again Rebel! ;)
Oroblanco

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"--Groucho Marx

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Oroblanco said:
the Ark of the Covenant disappeared from history, and according to the bible was "hidden in it's place" - where was that place?

My back yard :o :o :o

Seriously,
I didn't catch the end of the episode. E-bay auctions ending, much chaos, etc etc.

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Thanks anyway Randy -hopefully they will re-run it again. Did you say your back yard! Hmm, now do you think the neighbors would mind a little excavating work? ;D :D

I saw an episode where they were saying that the Ark of the Covenant was in Ethiopia, and made claims that Ethiopia was Sheba/Saba, and Ethiopia was also Ophir, yeesh. Ethiopia has a great long history but really they seem to try to lay claim to every mysterious place mentioned in the Bible. They don't need to make such (really ridiculous) claims, they were a powerful kingdom in ancient times and unconquered by anyone including the Persians (who tried) Greeks and Romans, up til Mussolini came along. Their story of how the Ark came to be in Ethiopia is particularly thin - why would Solomon, for instance, give the most holy of holies to his b-a-stard son (remember he didn't marry Sheba) to take away from the city of God, Jerusalem? Worse yet, there is record of the Ark still being in Jerusalem several hundred years after Solomon died, so.... did his son by Sheba (Menelik I, first emperor of Ethiopia) live that long? It is possible the Ark could have been spirited to Ethiopia (there was quite a colony of Jews living there) but it would most likely occur when the Babylonians attacked Judaea (588 BC) , not in the lifetime of Solomon (950 BC).

Roy ~ Oroblanco

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Good to "chat" with you again, here too... BTW... I was a Administrator at Buckingham Correctional Institution in the late '80/early 90's (down the road "a piece")... about 25 miles south of Powhatan Correctional Institution; ANYWAY... what the Knight Templars found was the COPPER SCROLL... stated to be a TREASURE MAP... where? I have NO idea... BUT! check it out... ;)

Thorgrim

Nov 7, 2006
Edmonton, Alberta

Other than the Bible of course, any good books or other references you guys would recommend relating to the subjects posted in this thread? I am starting to get very curious. :)

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005

Yo! Rebel here: ;D Thorgrim, U can do what I do... just "google it"... :D U can just do engine search on ANY of these areas of interest, and get FREE info such as: "Knight Templars", "Knight Templars in America", "Oak Island", "King Solomon's Temple - What the Knight Templars Found", "Copper Scroll", etc. etc. ;) hh

Isayhello2u

Sep 15, 2006
california
Primary Interest:
Other

the Qur'an has some additional legendary details as Solomon was considered a prophet in the Islamic
beliefs.

I'm sure Historians that live and teach in modern day Jerusalem would have some insights, one could use the internet I suppose to contact one. I'm sure if you searched hard enough you could find many books on Jerusalem's history that would include something about Solomon's reign.

HappyTrails55

Sep 30, 2005
Paso Robles
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2

Re: No doubt Treasure Minder must be a Distant Cousin or Relative and Oroblanco is a accredited and assuming Scholar of sorts, I have enjoyed both of their posts as well as others on this subject and I wish to share a little of what I have right now, in Pic's....Happy Trails.............

Attachments

• Passages of Ophir IV.jpg
    Passages of Ophir IV.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 5,326

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread