D.B. cooper, Is this Guy serious ?

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DB Cooper allegedly stole 200,000 $ and I'm pretty sure it's a real story. We don't know if he survived or not, but...

I guess searching today for the 1970s US dollar bills is futile for the following 4 main reasons:
-they could be dispersed on a very wide area, if they go scattered
-they could have disintegrated easily in 40+ years
-those old bills wouldn't buy anything today - you put it into your paper money collection, though
-it's possible that someone found them already - since so many were looking for this treasure

El Dorado Seeker

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That money shown on the video looks strange:

-too good quality paper for bills that stayed 40+ years in the wet forest, don't you think?
-the only damage they have are those holes and missing pieces around - which mysteriously "dropped off the bills" >>> looks like artificially cut down, rather burned down
-there are signs of burns at the edges where the pieces are missing: like someone had burned them
-no signs of dust, nor any signs of mud, dirt... but in a forest that's almost impossible... leave anything there for a few weeks and after 1-2 rains it'll be covered in mud...
-the "most important" parts of these notes look like new... I wonder why? :P
-there are not signs of "rotting", but rather like burned around
-the other side of that note isn't shown in the video: which might make us think it's printed - fake... or, one could simply buy such a note with "L-series" and code ending with "A" on eBay or elsewhere...
-we would have like to see a larger amount of paper bills, like at least several with both sides and (if possible), the serial codes visible
-in roughly 40 years, under those conditions, in rain, mud, cold-warm-cold-warm periods, potentially even snow, the notes would have entirely been "consumed" by nature
-...also, even if they would have resisted (but not even banknote paper resists that long), they would have been buried by the dirt and vegetation...

Even if they were real..
Who is interested in finding a stack of expired, rotten 20 $ paper bills?
They wouldn't buy you anything. If they're damaged, you can not even count on their numismatic value!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well If real the FBI would confiscate most as evidence

and Maybe, just Maybe leave you one for a souvenir,
Which if authenticated by the feds saying Yes it's from D.B.
you could almost name your price at auction.

But I do agree, This guy is just making a video.

it's funny there is not enough serial # there to check it

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread