Are some treasures haunted?

K

Kentucky Kache

swiftsearcher said:
Except for one - it has a ghostly image of what looks to be a demon on it!!!!!!!!!!! I will scan and post the pic, if you would like to see it.

Also, I have had some strange experiences in the past year searching for Swift's mines. Many of which, I wouldn't have believed myself if I were not there.

Please show the pics, and share the strange experiences.

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the pic. It was one I took of an Indian grave. When I got the film developed, this image is there.

As for the stories of my strange experiences, maybe another time. Besides, people probably won't believe them anyway.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 552
OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
wow that is a weird picture.

here are some of the circles taken with digital camera.

I was looking for some pictures I took in Egypt where there are also circles and one of the pictures have like an eye and some persons saw other weird things (these pictures were taken with a normal camera). I will send them as soon as I find them since my scanner broke down.

All of these pictures were taken on the same night almost at same time. I don't have any grass thanks to my ducks and goose which I allowed them to be free while I was constructing them a place to swim.

1. pict. a lot of these circles, probably because of humidity
2. pict. just few steps from the 1 pict (maybe4) and only some circles.
3. pict. a big and very white circle almost at the top and middle.
4. pct. big and white circle almost on the ground.

Attachments

• P1010524.JPG
    P1010524.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 528
  • P1010528.JPG
    P1010528.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 522
  • P1010535.JPG
    P1010535.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 532
  • P1010539.JPG
    P1010539.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 535

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those "circles" are dust particles reflected in the flash when it goes off. Nothing ghostly there.

The other picture with the blue streak, well that's the Indians telling you to stay away from their burial grounds. Not a good place to be.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
What a fitting subject for October~Nov (Day of the Dead) but spirits guarding treasures! There are so many tales of this, one wonders why if there is so much "smoke" then is there not some "fire" behind it?

The idea of spirits killing anyone who steals the treasure may be based on sudden deaths that occurred with the finding of treasures, like has been mentioned - some psychosomatic, some from the shock of the find, others perhaps from the very real death traps that have been left for the unwary. Some however might have been a case of being frightened to death, this is a medical rarity (thankfully fainting usually occurs instead of death) and then we have to wonder just what the dead person experienced that led to such fear? All in their heads?

I had a few experiences with what seemed to be a spirit protecting a treasure, wrote up an article for LT on it some years ago; this was a very nice little old man when he was alive (a shoe maker actually) but his "ghost" certainly wasn't. My brother experienced more harsh incidents than I did, including having china dishes smashed to bits, a window slammed (almost) on his hand, and others that no one would believe here; what seemed odd to me about it was that this "ghost" had hidden a treasure of perhaps several thousand dollars in a cave, and while we WERE looking for it, I am pretty confident that we were not anywhere near finding it. One instance I got to hear dis-embodied laughter while searching another empty cave, that sounded exactly like the old shoemaker's laughter (I had known him in life) which really gave me the creeps after the initial looking around to find that there was NO ONE else anywhere around.

If there are ghosts, I would think that some would indeed "haunt" "their" treasure; if I were dead and had a treasure to guard, I would sure try to have fun spooking folks. I would not let a story of spirits guarding a treasure prevent looking for it, but would sure keep an eye open for traps and deadfalls. Heck those spirits might be trying to guide you to help FIND it, for that matter - (another long winded theory, not my own but has to do with a ghost might appear different depending on who is looking at it whether it is frightening or not) so who knows?

HOLA Tropical Tramp! The old copper coin and the rolling coin sounds, boy I don't know that doesn't sound like it could have been the same coin rolling over and over again, you know the rules of physics - it would have to have some thing to set it into motion as an object at rest tends to remain at rest. Sounds like an unseen hand, and perhaps there was some meaning intended to be picked up besides the coin? ???

On a clear sunny day we never run into such things, but get out in the tall tules for a few months or even a few weeks and you will very likely see and hear things that don't fit with what is SUPPOSED to be "reality"! :o
Oroblanco

swiftsearcher

Feb 25, 2006
VA
Detector(s) used
MP 3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, the Indian Graveyard was one of the less "spooky" places I have been. Nothing strange happened there - just NONE of the ten pics I took came out that well and this one had the image of a "pterodactyl" (hope that is how you spell it).

BTW - there was no treasure at the Indian Graveyard to be found, but it was exciting seeing it still here after all these years. Swift stated it was "old" in his journals, and they were from the 1760's. A few of the graves actually had trees growing out of them.

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Djui

I don't think all those circles are dust. One of my friends that also came to Egypt took one pictures and one of this circles and has almost the same size as he is.

Also if you have heard of the meditation group from Australia named Melchizedek Method they also relate some of these circles to Merkabah which has nothing to do with dust.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm 100% confident they are. Taken many pictures of the same exact thing! I know for a fact they're dust particles being reflected by the flash.

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
mmm maybe we should buy a digital camera like my mother's, she has Nikon coolpix3700 and none of her pictures have a white circle, and she travels a lot and take hundreds of pictures.

The one I have is an Olympus D-550 zoom and I have only found those white circles in my land with that camera.

The ones of Egypt were taken with an old camera with Kodak 800 film and I got probably 3 pictures with the circles, at the Horus temple (I don't remember the name right now) and at Luxor.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scary Hunter said:
mmm maybe we should buy a digital camera like my mother's, she has Nikon coolpix3700 and none of her pictures have a white circle, and she travels a lot and take hundreds of pictures.

The one I have is an Olympus D-550 zoom and I have only found those white circles in my land with that camera.

The ones of Egypt were taken with an old camera with Kodak 800 film and I got probably 3 pictures with the circles, at the Horus temple (I don't remember the name right now) and at Luxor.

One of the reasons you are getting the "orbs" (or white circles) is your flash setting. Your D550 only has three flash settings (Red Eye Reduction, Regular Flash, and No Flash). Try a setting different from whatever it's on now.

Best,

Mike

OP
OP
Scary Hunter

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Thanks Mike, I always have it in auto, so probably I will have tu put the flash by myself at night.

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
O.K. I'll give you a story, edited for space.<G>
14 guys went up into the mountains in Mexico to go hunting. Camping next to a river near a waterfall.
As it was really hot and the river was very swift, to swift to swim in, one of them went to the waterfall to see if there was a cave or pool behind it to cool off. He found a nice deep pool behind the water fall and went swimming. Diving to the bottom of the "pool" he felt the floor as ripples filled "with almost like grass" waving. In one of the ripples he found a rock and picked it up and put it in his pocket.
After returning home he handed the rock to a friend that was a chemist and asked him to find out what his "brown rock" was. He went out of town for 2 months and when he got back to town found out that his friend had been looking for him all that time. He went over to the friends house and the friend told him "Your brown rock is Gold!"
He went and told his 13 friends and they started going back up there "hunting" with scuba gear.
They did this off and on for almost 20 years. By that time he was the only one still alive. All the others had died "from the curse of the gold".

Well, he was the only one that used a full wet suit for diving. He knew that the others were always scratching, but "that was from the bugs".
What he described to me sounded and acted like pure native asbestos on the floor of the pool.
Near the center of the pool there was a hole in the roof with water coming in all the time into the pool. There was also an exit for the pool that went down to a couple of small underwater "caves" that ended up at one with so much suction on it that they almost lost one of the guys there. From then on they just worked the waterfall pool.
He almost got us to go with him one year, but the Federales that patrol up there came in 2 weeks late saying that it had already snowed 3 feet up there. The Federales go up there looking for drug runners and "farmers".
How rich? Well, in 20 years of going up there he had $2,000,000 in the First National Bank of Juarez in 1983 when the Peso was devalued. By the time it was over he had $50,000 left and wanted to go scuba diving again.<G>

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread