A childhood story of skulls...

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
I've been over reading the posts on the Lost Dutchman Mine and the Superstitions when an old story came to mind.

Years ago when I was 13 or 14, [about 1969 or so] I lived in Prescott AZ. Dad would talk of the Superstition Mtns, LDM and other old tails, the usual bar talk..

One night on TV it was reported that some more skulls had been found in Skull Valley, I remember asking my dad about it. As I remember it, he said that in the 1800s a band of Indians had there men out hunting, another band of Indians attacked the camp killed the old and took the women. When the men returned they took off after the attackers, and upon finding some, would killed them and cut off there heads and put them in a pile. for the next 100 years, every now and again, someone would stumble on small piles of skulls that were found all over that valley, becoming known as Skull Valley.

Names like Yavapi, Blackfoot and Hopi come to mind, but it's been so long age that the story was told I don't remember any more.

No Treasure I know, [sorry!] but I was wondering if any of you out in the area had heard anything about the story?

neil

OP
OP
wolfpaw518

wolfpaw518

Oct 15, 2006
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Sharpshooter II
HA! I CAN"T BELIVE YOU ACTUALLY FOUND IT! Gollum was over on the other [older]post talking about the Lost Dutchman Mine and it reminded me of that old story...

Thanks for the link!

neil

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread