Jul 24, 2012
Littleton Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Fisher F22
Vibra tector 740
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you didnt stumble onto this cave then Patrick you where actively searching an area you thought you may find this location? Nice man, you have me intrigued for sure.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was following the compass stone.

trail10.jpg

The face profile points magnetic north.

It is true, I went to Colorado specifically looking for what I found. How cool is that when it happens.

I have to admit, the altitude and lack of oxygen made it somewhat of a challenge just hiking.

shawngrey16

Aug 22, 2012
New York(fornow)
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PatrickD said:
Hi Everyone,

I grew up in a group of family/friends who were treasure hunters. They were always heading out to Colorado or some place trying to locate the site of a treasure legend. The high adventure of getting into the field and trekking across mountains on the trail of an old legend is my favorite part of the hunt.

Are there any others out there who would be interested in collaborating on some of these? I am in the DFW area of Texas.

Patrick

How would I be able to get involved in this :)

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Shawngrey16,

Send me a PM. We can collaborate on some sites to check out.

Patrick

JPS

Jul 1, 2005
I too am interested in collaborating on some of the lost mine stories.
Twilight creek comes to mind.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
JPS > The Twilight mines in northern NM? If so I have seen a jar of gold nuggets a friend dug there
a long time ago.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
:coffee2: Most all gone but drop in, I'll brew up a batch DJ. Those nuggets ol' Bob brought to my motel room
were mighty purty. He earned it all right, separating from the whitish clay he dug south of Rio Costilla a
little west of Ortiz peak y'know.

I can tell you I sure miss Bob. He knew mining and a lot more. Only man I ever knew who exchanged rifle
fire with Indians. Bob and a buddy wanted to watch the sacred lake rituals but were spotted and fired
at. They returned a few rounds to discourage getting caught up there.

When Bob finally cached in the mountain village mourned the little guy who would show up to shovel snow
from their driveways. A friend to all, never a harsh word to any. Good old Bob Prundy, tough as nails into
his eighties.

:coffee2: It's all ready, sit and talk awhile.

lastleg

Cerem

Oct 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GPR Zond 12e, Lorenz Deepmax X6 and other
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, Patrick

I understand that you are going to look for a large space. In this case, you need to limit
the search area so that your trip was sensible. Many years ago, I thought that only the
latest equipment can ensure success. Today I have a different perspective on the problem.
Suppose that the treasure is in a square 10 x 10 km. To check every square meter we have
to go 10km x 10000 strips with a width of 1 m = 100 000 km! We all know that the circumference
of the Earth is only 40 000 km. We would like to advise against such a senseless journey
"around the world". If we do not have accurate information about the hidden treasure is
the best and actually the only way to reach the shortest way is the analysis of satellite images.
If we limit the search area to a reasonable size, it is only when we reach the equipment.
The solution to this problem took me about 40 years. On the basis of thousands of experiments
created a system that facilitates the search. I can help you, provided that you're not a novice.

Cerem

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm your huckleberry! That's just my game!

Hi Everyone,

I grew up in a group of family/friends who were treasure hunters. They were always heading out to Colorado or some place trying to locate the site of a treasure legend. The high adventure of getting into the field and trekking across mountains on the trail of an old legend is my favorite part of the hunt.

Are there any others out there who would be interested in collaborating on some of these? I am in the DFW area of Texas.

Patrick

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer