Suppose you know where a treasure is....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Obey the law......I can't hunt the springs swimming holes in our State Parks even though I know they are full of lost gold jewelry......I could try to sneak in at night by coming up the river, but it is against the law and if caught I know what the end will be.......

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say confirmed its presence, do you mean you actually saw it, or what exactly?

Saw it via Google Earth and have a friend who says he has walked the area and found things indicative of something being there. I can't say exactly what but let's say that we are 98% sure it's there. Obviously I don't want to break the law and even if we were able to get it in our possession, we'd probably get caught taking it out and not be allowed to keep it anyway. It just really really sucks to be so confident of it being there and not able to get it.

wetfly

Aug 8, 2012
Just an opinion here .. Sometimes its better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission? Just sayin depending on the significance of the find some juices are worth the squeeze!!

allen_idaho

Dec 4, 2007
Culdesac, Idaho
I'd say your next step would be some non-obtrusive searching. Ground penetrating radar. Probing. Or things like that. If you can further confirm that something is there without digging it up, you might be able to convice somebody that runs the conservatory to allow you to dig.

Then again, you could just end up getting screwed out of whatever might be there. With treasure comes risk.

daydreamer881

Nov 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if that is why no one since the late 1800's has tried to continue to look at Dungeon Rock in Lynn, Ma.

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to promote anything illegal, but you could purchase one of these just to get a look see....not cheap though....

:censored:

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Link was deleted, they are not a supporting dealer...

It is products like that that gives our hobby a bad rep.

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
What would Jesse James do? :)

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Link was deleted, they are not a supporting dealer...

It is products like that that gives our hobby a bad rep.

Sorry about that TH. Wasn't promoting, just providing info. I know Kellyco has them as well.....

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting site. Proberly well worth a visit as tourist. But it appears your assuning there is treasure?

Before you go doing anything you need to do some research.

There is an old pirate legend treasure legend associated wih it. It might pay off to research in the archives and old historical events of the area to sort the fact from the fiction. The legend tells of 3-4 pirates buried treasure and was caught an hanged bar one. The pirate who lived was called Thomas Teal who later lived in a cave only to be buried alive in a earthquake.

In or around 1852 a man called Hiram Marble and his family were guided by spiritualists to look for Thomas Teals treasure under the rock. Inwhich they dug tunnels under the rock. The ruins of old building is where his family lived. The first thing you should ask is ws there any records of pirates being executed. Was there any record of Thomas Teal? was there any record in old newspaper of earthquakes?

Do that and it might save you a lot of time and heart ache.

Crow

zhiwu

Dec 13, 2012
Customx_12 said:
Saw it via Google Earth and have a friend who says he has walked the area and found things indicative of something being there. I can't say exactly what but let's say that we are 98% sure it's there. Obviously I don't want to break the law and even if we were able to get it in our possession, we'd probably get caught taking it out and not be allowed to keep it anyway. It just really really sucks to be so confident of it being there and not able to get it.

I have a GPR. It can see up to 30 ft deep with 3d image display.

distribuidorUSA

Dec 11, 2012
Strathmore Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Zhiwu.if one day you want to explore with your gpr in old Mexico please let me know.I have a few places that you won't believe the treasures they contain.the thing is you need a gpr to cover the ground faster that way saving lots of time.

ringtone

Greenie
Dec 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a journalist (I almost puked) to do a story on you and the project. You'll get access.

zhiwu

Dec 13, 2012
distribuidorUSA said:
Hey Zhiwu.if one day you want to explore with your gpr in old Mexico please let me know.I have a few places that you won't believe the treasures they contain.the thing is you need a gpr to cover the ground faster that way saving lots of time.

Anytime, and I got a reporter friend, and he is Mexican. He know a lot of people from there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread