Which Are the Most Credible Lost/Hidden Gold Sites?

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Springfield: no coffee yet: The major flaw in that the amount of gold available is not the yearly production, but the accumulated gold over the years, which could easily have provided hat amount of Gold without too much attention.
One can assume that if th perpetrators were intelligent enough to accumulate that amount of cash, they most likely were capable of carrying out the rest of the plan

Don Jose de La Mancha

RdTTT, put me back on track again - what are you talking about here?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
like ooops Springfield my buddy, tha ole 17 tons of gold in New Mexico. While you are drinking your coffee, who actually first mentioned 'blowing' up Hover dam?? Actually there are many far fetched ways to beat the screen and filters to damage all of the alternators in the dam --- sneaky ways. Nothing is fool proof.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody,

I have followed the 17 ton gold story for years. I remember reading one of the original stories discussing the grand jury, names, etc. Not one time in all of these years has anyone produced the origianal documents of the grand jury hearings. Why? Because grand jury hearings are private, confidential, and no transcripts are released to the public. As many people want to believe that story, there is no documentation to back up this story other than the story itself. Has anyone researched this down at the court house level? Not to my knowledge, because that takes foot work, and no one has made the effort, because the story says it's there. As in many stories and legends, until you have the final product who knows what is truth? A lot of money, people, and trips have been taken and spent on looking for this legend, but no one can prove anything. Finding four or five bars of gold here and there, could be dropped off a pack train or hidden by someone under attack. The 17 tons of gold story sounded like a tight operation and they wouldn't have just dropped a few bars accidentally. I think this is a great story! I have even looked for it, but I am not confident that this wasn't just a story made up by the author to make a little money. The thrill though is in the possibility though, just the possibility that it may be real, and someday you will find it!

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All

Be careful what you wish for my friends as searching for treasure is one thing finding and getting to keep it is whole another can of worms.

Many people who seek fail to understand what happens next.. As for the most credible of treasure legends???.... Why that is easy...The one that is sitting in your offshore bank account.:laughing7:

Crow

Last edited:

Mad Machinist

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2010
Southeast Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Agreed. Much of what is out there is often false or is so twisted by time that it is near impossible to unravel. We have located one "lost" mine in this area. But it will unfortunately never be reopened due to location. We are on the trail of another mine though and have it narrowed done to around 20 acres. This one was difficult due to the terrain as access through a cut in the rock that is near invisible unless you know where it is at and are right on top of it. It took us three years to find it and we had a general idea of where it was at through first hand accounts.

It does have some very sweet apples though from the still producing orchard on the abandoned homestead though.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Mad Machinist

Indeed... The trouble with developing a modern mine it takes a hugh amount of capital. Small miners do have access to the funds in general to develop it into a large scale operation. The site will come down to economies of scale. Plus lead in time to make the mine pay.

Crow.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get back up on the m'nsail where you belong Crow hi to the gals from me.

Why didn't you tell me this long ago??

I sorta figured that when I located Tayopa they would come a running, now I understand that they will come a running after "I" put it into production when I no longer need them ???

Don Jose de La Mancha

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
Hello Mad Machinist

Indeed... The trouble with developing a modern mine it takes a hugh amount of capital. Small miners do [not] have access to the funds in general to develop it into a large scale operation. The site will come down to economies of scale. Plus lead in time to make the mine pay.

Crow.

Exactly. An examination of the the exploratory mining corporations' (mostly based in Canada) properties will bear this out. In the Western hemisphere, the days of mom n' pop mining is over, although some wildcatters and shoestringers are still active in parts of Central and South America and the far northern latitudes. However, even the small guys are methodically being regulated away - even from 'high grade' ore.

A cache recovery should be easier, but in today's 'Big Brother' society, security and legal issues are getting extremely difficult for folks to overcome.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Springfeild

Thanks for adding what I accidentally left out. Some time the brain runs quicker than the fingers.....

At least with this old sea dog.:laughing7:

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions