Looking for other treasure legends...

The Pete

Jan 14, 2005
How about that lost military payroll at Prarie Du Chein, Zack Taylor was post commander. It is always a topic in this area. Claimed never been found, But old Zack ended up with the funds to run for president.

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
I know where there is a cach of gold,,, but its under a lake, and on state property... :'(

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Marc said:
If you aware of another treasure legend, and you think we should create a new forum for it - let us know!

Thanks,
Marc Austin
[email protected]

I sent you a message about this yesterday, but here goes. Couple of major treasure stories you might want ot include: The Lost Rhoades Mine(s), Skeleton Canyon, Texas Spider Rocks, Ft. Huachuca, Lost Adams Diggings, and if you wanna go international try Rennes Le Chateau.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
HAY! Marc:
As I mentioned in one of the "Posts", some time back...
I have over? ?:o? 5000+? ? :o leads in my research library !
But!
You couldn't pay me enough money? ?? ?::)? to sit down and write each and everyone of them up? :P !
Now!? ::)? If you'd care to come down here,? :-X? to the Gulf Coast and write them up...
Why! Heck!? ?;D? I'll even furnish you a place to stay!? ;)

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Randy-- Ft. Huachuca?? Is this about the gold a army guy found falling into a hole?? Or about coronado's treasure?? I live fifteen minustes from the Ft. and five minutes from the south end of mtns.

Jacko

zommbee

Jan 31, 2005
Tacoma, WA
cptbil said:
HAY! Marc:
As I mentioned in one of the "Posts", some time back...
I have over? ?:o? 5000+? ? :o leads in my research library !
But!
You couldn't pay me enough money? ?? ?::)? to sit down and write each and everyone of them up? :P !
Now!? ::)? If you'd care to come down here,? :-X? to the Gulf Coast and write them up...
Why! Heck!? ?;D? I'll even furnish you a place to stay!? ;)

And even if Marc DID pay you, you couldn't pay me enough to wade through all the smileys, funky
fonts, and exclamation points.

<grins> ;D

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
:) Zommbee:? :o
I put these in and I use them,? ?:D? for a very particular reason!? ::)
It's a very long story,? :P? but I have found that It helps!? :o
If you want the WHOLE Story,? :P? we can set up a? Phone call.? :-*
You call me!? ;D
And!? :)? I'll relate the Whole, Long Story to you !!
It is? ?8)? A TRUE ? ?:o? Story!
::) ::) AND!? ?How Very TRUE,? :o? ? IT IS! ? ? ?:-\
? ???? ?OK?? ????

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
wallycuz:
'bout 40 miles outa' Corpus Christi!
But!
I am hoping to be out of here, middle of April!
DARN !
Schedule keeps? a' getting set back!
But! One day Me'n, Duke & Jeep will be out on the road !
A headin' fur Treasure! ? ?:)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
DiamondStar:
That's one of the hold ups!
My NM partner died and I am awaiting the family's decision on what is going to happen to the Treasure Trove Claim !
But!
I may have to go there, and make that my first stop anyway!
Because!
I? left? ?:-[? a couple of 10 rd. magazines, for my semi auto rifle, under a brush near base camp.
But! In addition...
I also, Found,? ?:o? seen from a distance a new and very suspicious looking cave!? ?:o
But!
From there, I'll be heading to a site, in So. Ariz., just NW of Nogales!
Or! To One just Southeast of Tucson!

S

shamre

cedarratt said:
I know where there is a cach of gold,,, but its under a lake, and on state property... :'(

Hmm interesting. I am a scuba diver. What lake is it? I don't think i would be able to move it without a permit, since it is on state land. But i could probably verify whether it is there or not. Is this a midwest lake?

AzSports

Feb 16, 2005
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's Gold Master, Garrett Infinium
Cptbil

Sounds like you left something behind for another treasure hunter!

Lots of action NW of Nogi right now, the illegals are pounding thru there as points east are patrolled by the 'militia'. It's a pretty good area to be careful as there are quite a few drug runners there too. Anywhere near Tubac is good for your game, as you well know. The hills in Arivaca are alive with caves and Spanish heritage.

SE of Tucson has a quite a few legend's I used to hunt (game) in the Santa Ritas a lot. There are a couple places I am trying to re-locate as I have TH time and interest. The meteorite story has consumed many, many days.

How can you beat the weather now? Be safe and Good luck!

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
cpt bill,

Do you have any good info on Spanish activity in the plains? It'd be nice to know if there is any validity to the Spanish one.

I found these little blubs on a couple of different websites. We are heading to KC the 1st weekend in May for a Family reunion, I am taking the detector.. Getting the plat map from the county historical society. Also may head to Seneca KS to check out another lead about 50,000 in nugget buried near the found on the Nemaha River. more then likely I am like the hundred millionth person to look at both of these but I figure it'd get me away from the hotel for a day while the kids are swimming.

Spanish Treasure in Cass County

On October 24, 1879 an article in the Cass County Times-Courier described the location of a hidden Spanish treasure near Harrisonville, Missouri. The text read:

"Before being massacred by attacking Indians in 1772, several hundred Spaniards buried 15 loads of gold averaging 130 pounds each and 1,000 bars of silver weighing an average of 20 pounds to the bar... in the area four or five miles west and one or one and one-half miles north of Harrisonville. The silver was buried within one-fourth of a mile of where the present day Rodman School is standing; the gold is three fourths of a mile farther northwest.?

More than fifty years later, a construction crew was building a bridge in 1930. The location was several miles southeast of the old Rodman School. During the excavation, the crew found evidence of a battle between the Spanish and the Indians, locating old weapons, skeletons, and part of old armor.

Harrisonville has dramatically grown in the last several years, so locating the exact location of the old Rodman School will, no doubt, require some sleuthing skills.

R

Rich

nebraskadad said:
cpt bill,

Do you have any good info on Spanish activity in the plains? It'd be nice to know if there is any validity to the Spanish one.

I found these little blubs on a couple of different websites. We are heading to KC the 1st weekend in May for a Family reunion, I am taking the detector.. Getting the plat map from the county historical society. Also may head to Seneca KS to check out another lead about 50,000 in nugget buried near the found on the Nemaha River. more then likely I am like the hundred millionth person to look at both of these but I figure it'd get me away from the hotel for a day while the kids are swimming.

Spanish Treasure in Cass County

Man---you TH'ers out west get the nugs!-we get placer nuggets if you really try to find them from the creeks up north from where am,...........
also hope ya have a damn good detector to find that 50,000 in nugs!..........what type of unit are you using to find nugs and loot?......if i may ask?....
On October 24, 1879 an article in the Cass County Times-Courier described the location of a hidden Spanish treasure near Harrisonville, Missouri.? The text read:

"Before being massacred by attacking Indians in 1772, several hundred Spaniards buried 15 loads of gold averaging 130 pounds each and 1,000 bars of silver weighing an average of 20 pounds to the bar... in the area four or five miles west and one or one and one-half miles north of Harrisonville. The silver was buried within one-fourth of a mile of where the present day Rodman School is standing; the gold is three fourths of a mile farther northwest.?

More than fifty years later, a construction crew was building a bridge in 1930.? The location was several miles southeast of the old Rodman School.? During the excavation, the crew found evidence of a battle between the Spanish and the Indians, locating old weapons, skeletons, and part of old armor.

Harrisonville has dramatically grown in the last several years, so locating the exact location of the old Rodman School will, no doubt, require some sleuthing skills.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Thanks captBil

Just wondering.. I've located the "school grounds" in question on the plat. fairly simple enough to find. Need to get practiced up with the Quick Draw?II... Who knows.. More fun then buying a lottery ticket.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions