Another piece to the puzzle? Never before seen Peralta Stone.

OP
OP
alberticus59

alberticus59

Mar 11, 2013
Globe, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It probably doesn't matter where the rock was pointing anyway. It almost certainly moved from it's intended position.

I did find a significant vein of gold just outside of Superior but I wouldn't post the coordinates in a public forum.

I dont think it was moved from its original position because of the fact that the saguaros at the bottom of the hill with their main stalk cut at 45 degrees were pointing toward the position of this stone,
I appreciate your interest and thank you for posting your comments and ideas.

Last edited:
OP
OP
alberticus59

alberticus59

Mar 11, 2013
Globe, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well to those of you that are following along with this interesting story I must say sorry about the delay in posting some new pics of the stone as I mentioned a while back. It seems I must have had my security set too tight or my pop-up blocker set too high and was unable to get logged in so that I could post material here. I believe I have it set right this time but time will tell.

Anyhow, I will try to help you get an accurate 3-D mental picture of what the photos show. I did some enhancing of these images to hopefully bring out more detail. I did NOT alter or remove anything from the images.

Attachments

• wood carving stm 047.jpg
    wood carving stm 047.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 548
  • wood carving stm 044.jpg
    wood carving stm 044.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 631
  • wood carving stm 045.jpg
    wood carving stm 045.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 632
  • wood carving stm 046.jpg
    wood carving stm 046.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 664
  • wood carving stm 043.jpg
    wood carving stm 043.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 538
  • wood carving stm 048.jpg
    wood carving stm 048.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 618
  • wood carving stm 049.jpg
    wood carving stm 049.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 621
  • wood carving stm 050.jpg
    wood carving stm 050.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 563
  • wood carving stm 014.jpg
    wood carving stm 014.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 584
  • wood carving stm 042.jpg
    wood carving stm 042.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 602
  • wood carving stm 041.jpg
    wood carving stm 041.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 634
  • wood carving stm 040.jpg
    wood carving stm 040.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 647
  • wood carving stm 039.jpg
    wood carving stm 039.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 618
  • wood carving stm 037.jpg
    wood carving stm 037.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 597
  • wood carving stm 038.jpg
    wood carving stm 038.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 579
  • wood carving stm 036.jpg
    wood carving stm 036.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 592
  • wood carving stm 035.jpg
    wood carving stm 035.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 586
  • wood carving stm 034.jpg
    wood carving stm 034.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 596
  • wood carving stm 033.jpg
    wood carving stm 033.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 546
Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@Chlsbrns,

Here is a picture of a clay tablet buried for about 4300 years, can you read it?

SUMERIAN-FLOOD-STORY-TABLET.JPG

For every gravestone you show me that is unreadable, I can show you a hundred that are easily readable. Also, maybe you want to take a look at the DON Stone;

IMGP0083.JPG

Tell me that wasn't weathered. That was also supposed to be the first stone Tumlinson found on the surface.

A little research goes a long way.

Mike

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nothing but double talk!

Oh so your friends friend Ollie found the stone in your yard? BUSTED! You really need to remember the stories that you tell!

Remember in your first post you said "I live in Globe AZ" and "He (Ollie) told me he found it not far from his property which is between Superior and Florence Junction, AZ" but posting the coordinates to where the stone was found will result in people looking in your garbage cans and waking up every dog in the neighborhood? Sounds like a bunch of garbage to me! I can't wait to hear how you TRY to talk your way out of this one!

Oh, I'm not a dude!

He doesn't need to talk his way out of this one. I don't even know the OP but I do know Ollie and I just took pics of this myself last night and was researching to see what it could be. He didn't mention anyone posting pics or even researching on it. Just showed me it, told me where he found it and let me take the pics.

When I started searching, I found this post and am really suprised by the behavior of a 'few' people. I see no reason to be so rude or demanding. Seriously??

The OP seems to be genuinely seeking answers and discussion.

Many of us enjoy reading and posting here.

I myself don't care to waste my time reading posts from people who are obviously unhappy and get on here and be rude to others. Its really not cool. Is there any way to block these types of people??

The reason I am posting over all is that I'm curious too. And since I found this post, I'll post the pics I took which arent any better, but that's what I"m here for, right?? I'm a treasure hunter and grew up and still live in the area. I do it for a hobby, to have fun.. and If i ever get lucky..... I'll go MIA.. and no one will ever hear from me again! bahahaha!:cat: 000_0023.JPG 000_0029.JPG 000_0030.JPG 000_0032.JPG

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
He doesn't need to talk his way out of this one. I don't even know the OP but I do know Ollie and I just took pics of this myself last night and was researching to see what it could be. He didn't mention anyone posting pics or even researching on it. Just showed me it, told me where he found it and let me take the pics.

When I started searching, I found this post and am really suprised by the behavior of a 'few' people. I see no reason to be so rude or demanding. Seriously??

The OP seems to be genuinely seeking answers and discussion.

Many of us enjoy reading and posting here.

I myself don't care to waste my time reading posts from people who are obviously unhappy and get on here and be rude to others. Its really not cool. Is there any way to block these types of people??

The reason I am posting over all is that I'm curious too. And since I found this post, I'll post the pics I took which arent any better, but that's what I"m here for, right?? I'm a treasure hunter and grew up and still live in the area. I do it for a hobby, to have fun.. and If i ever get lucky..... I'll go MIA.. and no one will ever hear from me again! bahahaha!:cat: View attachment 1046888 View attachment 1046889 View attachment 1046891 View attachment 1046892

Great post amigo and nice photos!

Those "backward" looking letters are what really intrigues me, for you know some ancient peoples wrote right to left, not left to right, and the letters then "look" backward to us but are correct.

Some people get on forums to try to be nasty and negative, must have a need for it in their lives. You can put them on "ignore" so that none of their messages will appear for you, when you are signed in; I think you can do it in your "settings" at the top right of the screen, then look down on the left side where you will see "edit ignore list" and click on that, then enter the names (user ID) of the people you want to ignore. I use it for a few of these trolls, because I do not come to a treasure forum to get irritated and that is all they want to do.

I look forward to reading your posts, thank you for sharing the pictures!
Oroblanco

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well to those of you that are following along with this interesting story I must say sorry about the delay in posting some new pics of the stone as I mentioned a while back. It seems I must have had my security set too tight or my pop-up blocker set too high and was unable to get logged in so that I could post material here. I believe I have it set right this time but time will tell.

Anyhow, I will try to help you get an accurate 3-D mental picture of what the photos show. I did some enhancing of these images to hopefully bring out more detail. I did NOT alter or remove anything from the images.

Interesting carving in this shot. Who's the artist/sculptor ?

wood carving stm 014.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also advise Ollie to contact Phil Reinhardt at the Superstition Mountain Historical Society Museum. He knows of a cut rock similar to that one that may have a date on it.

Mike

OP
OP
alberticus59

alberticus59

Mar 11, 2013
Globe, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Interesting carving in this shot. Who's the artist/sculptor ?

View attachment 1051939

Somehiker, thank you for your interest in my carving although that pic got there by accident. I do large sculptures such as tiki's and totem poles and smaller carvings like this one which was about 2 ft tall made from a mesquite stump. I am also into making ceramics out of clay which I dig myself and fire in my homemade kiln.
It has been some time since I last visited this website and there has been only a few changes or new posts here. First let me thank Oroblanco your comments and observations are always right on the mark as well as Somehiker, Gollum , and others . Coyotegal I am pleased to see your posts here and do appreciate your help on this. I am sure that since you and I both know Ollie, that it is a wonder that we had not run into each other at Ollies. I would like to exchange more info. privately if that would be ok with you. Please contact me. I will pm my contact info to you on this site.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
The stone is cleaved and seems to be an arrow to be read in the reverse due to the letters being backwards. I wonder if he remembers the direction

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
Also do not be influenced by negative criticism . People think they know but have they anything interesting to show? You have an authentic peice and I might have some inscriptions made by the same person although I was under the impression mine were of a specific native persons hand.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
Lol. Some people obviously have garbage on their mind. I think I know this stone and who wrote it. Pm me as I do not see the point in wasting my time in a discussion with people that are not a part of this adventure of discovery. Also this is a major find and a game changer to known history. Lol

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
I could be wrong but I think it is of a certain native persons hand. It is a marker system that was from the Jesuits but was only shown to native peoples. ...lol... Long story. Not for ignorant people that post rude comments in response to honest curiosity.

St. Jerome

Feb 21, 2005
I will post examples of a similar writing after April 15. When I can take some pictures of it. It is far from your location but relevant.

OP
OP
alberticus59

alberticus59

Mar 11, 2013
Globe, AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I could be wrong but I think it is of a certain native persons hand. It is a marker system that was from the Jesuits but was only shown to native peoples. ...lol... Long story. Not for ignorant people that post rude comments in response to honest curiosity.

St. Jerome, Thank you very much for your interest in this very real artifact. I will pm as soon as I am done with this post. Let me just say that it is good to know that there is still some interested persons ,such as yourself, out there. As for the position of the stone when it was found, he certainly does remember and he showed me the very spot where it was found. The stone is still in a safe place and could easily be made available for examination.
Those who seem to want to find fault or fraud and test my integrity are not worth the worry.

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great post amigo and nice photos!

Those "backward" looking letters are what really intrigues me, for you know some ancient peoples wrote right to left, not left to right, and the letters then "look" backward to us but are correct.

Some people get on forums to try to be nasty and negative, must have a need for it in their lives. You can put them on "ignore" so that none of their messages will appear for you, when you are signed in; I think you can do it in your "settings" at the top right of the screen, then look down on the left side where you will see "edit ignore list" and click on that, then enter the names (user ID) of the people you want to ignore. I use it for a few of these trolls, because I do not come to a treasure forum to get irritated and that is all they want to do.

I look forward to reading your posts, thank you for sharing the pictures!
Oroblanco

I have done a little research on it but haven't had much time because I'm currently working on a tale of fiction based loosely on the facts related to the LDM...... but I do find the stone quite intriguing and did find what you mention here.

Thanks for the info on how to block the trolls... I'd rather spend time reading useful information or at least interesting info so that will really help me.
I've read a great many of your posts and they are always interesting, informative and positive and also look forward to reading more :) And lastly, you are quite welcome for the pics. The pleasure is all mine.

Last edited:

coyotegal

Greenie
Dec 6, 2013
Copper Corridor, Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Somehiker, thank you for your interest in my carving although that pic got there by accident. I do large sculptures such as tiki's and totem poles and smaller carvings like this one which was about 2 ft tall made from a mesquite stump. I am also into making ceramics out of clay which I dig myself and fire in my homemade kiln.
It has been some time since I last visited this website and there has been only a few changes or new posts here. First let me thank Oroblanco your comments and observations are always right on the mark as well as Somehiker, Gollum , and others . Coyotegal I am pleased to see your posts here and do appreciate your help on this. I am sure that since you and I both know Ollie, that it is a wonder that we had not run into each other at Ollies. I would like to exchange more info. privately if that would be ok with you. Please contact me. I will pm my contact info to you on this site.

Just read your pm and sent you a facebook request. I'm pretty much a straight shooter and I usually call it what it is and my remarks and post were just me calling it what it was... lol... From your fb page it looks like we know a lot of the same people so it really is a wonder that we don't know each other. Look forward to exchanging info and thanks :)

ORO18

Aug 17, 2017
everywhere/Phoenix AZ.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT w blue coil, minelab...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me introduce myself first. Albert or Alb for short. I live in Globe AZ and I have an interesting story to tell. Here a few months ago a friend came by to see me wanting to see if I still had a book of mine that he had seen a few years ago. The book pertained to signs and symbols used by the spanish miners to mark maps or trails to their gold and silver mines way back when the area of the southwest U.S. belonged to spain. The reason he wanted the book was because a friend of his "Ollie" had this rock with some old carvings on it and he thought it might be helpful in decifering its message. I found the book and show him it which left him unsure as to how to read the stones markings. I still had no idea what Ollie's stone looked like but about a week later he brought Ollie over and we met. I showed him the book and he was unsure what to do with it but invited me to come see the stone for myself. He told me he found it not far from his property which is between Superior and Florence Junction, AZ. It was on top of the ground with the writings facing up and he decided to take it to the house. Like I said that was a decade ago but he can still show you exactly where he found it in the desert.
So anyway I was interested to see the stone and curious as to its origins but at that time I had little knowledge of any other stones like his. Then I heard of the Peralta stones while browsing a Lost Gold website. As I read and learned more about the Peralta Stones and their significance in the legend of the lost dutchman, I began to wonder if the stone Ollie had was possibly connected these others somehow. "Well?" I thought, Why not go see it for myself and let Ollie know what my thoughts were on the possible connection to the Peralta Stones. That is what I did just today 3/11/13, I took photos of Ollie and his "Peralta Stone" which I will upload here and then you all can decide what to make of it. I am not greedy but as I told Ollie if it turns out to be worth something then maybe you can help me out. Of course he agreed. So without further discussion let me attempt to bring those pictures forth for the first time anywhere, The latest chapter in the legend of the lost dutchman.

What would you require for someone like my self to do an examination?

Craigwac

Jan 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
alberticus59, if you return to this thread, I don't believe your "skyline" is a clue if this is a Spanish marker. I'm pretty sure that part is just some normal/natural chips in the rock. They typically did not draw maps with lifelike representations. Mostly just symbols. The closest you get to a representative image of a mountain would be zigzags that just tell you it has 3 peaks or 4 peaks or however many points there are in the zigzag. They spoke in symbols. I have that book you mentioned at the beginning of the thread. It's written by Charles Kenworthy.

The cut cacti pointing towards the rock probably mean it is a marker, not a map. The letters were probably notes about the area. But since it's a marker and you can spend a lifetime trying to decipher what the letters mean, your best bet is probably to just go back and try to find the next marker. Stand at the cacti, look towards where the rock was found. Look in a straight line above it to see if you can find the next marker. It will not be as obvious as that one because it will be made of the same stone as the surrounding rocks, not a white one that stands out like yours. It should be something like a flat stone balanced on another rock or two so that you can see a little window of sky under it. The flat stone should be pointing towards your target, according to Kenworthy. The target may be a mine, or it may be another marker.

To take better pictures of the stone, turn off your flash. Turn off the overhead lights and use a bright work light, but place it to the side of the stone instead of pointing right at it - you want the light raking across the surface from the side. That will really bring out the texture and maximize the contrast in the letters. It should make any other symbols show up better too - look for circles, dots, arrows, numbers, letters, wavy lines, jagged lines, crosses, etc. - hard to read that code but it would at least confirm that this is part of a Spanish treasure trail.

Letters being reversed changes their meaning, but even with Kenworthy's book it's nearly impossible to decipher. They made this code to be read by only them, and there's not a good Rosetta Stone type legend out there. You can google "Spanish treasure symbols" and read Kenworthy's book, but I don't think much of it applies to your rock. If it is Spanish/Mexican, I think it's more of a marker with just some notes on it about the general area/trail. You're probably better off going back and looking for the next one instead of staring at it for hours/days/years trying to make it into more than it is.

But also be open to the idea that it's fake, or just a grave stone, or perhaps a claim marker like others mentioned - though I'm not sure why the letters would be reversed if it were. That actually was apparently very common for Spanish/Mexican miners to do. It changed the meaning of the letter, often to mean the opposite. It could just be a marker saying "we prospected here and found nothing, don't waste your time".

Probably also worth looking for old overgrown trails, any rocks that look worn from lots of pack animals going over them, any kind of artifacts, etc. Just try to notice anything there that stands out, and try to read a story in the landscape. If there's a trail going to a pass, that doesn't mean much because it's just from people or animals going through. But if there's a trail that goes somewhere that there isn't a good reason for anyone to be going to, then there may be a shaft at the end of it or something like that.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No miner will find it cause its not a mine

KeepingitCool

Greenie
Jul 17, 2019
Gila County
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello to all of you that have been keeping up with this thread. I have been away for a while and due to lost passwords and new phone numbers I was unaqble to log in under my original user name which was alberticus59.
Oro18 in answer to your question just send me a private message at my new profile (KeepingitCool) on this web site or email me at [email protected] and we can see about setting up a meeting , that is if you are still interested in doing that examination.
Craigwac , thank you for your input. It has been some time since I started this thread and there have been some developments. My friend Ollie passed away , he was the original finder of the rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread