Jesse James Treasure

tlm5000

Jul 8, 2013
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
GARRET ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Everyone I found this article in a old National Geographic Magazine.

In 1992 a U.S Australian syndicate invested some $160,000 in a hunt for a safe full of gold said to have been buried by outlaw Jesse James. According to his (self-styled) descendants Jesse James IV and his brother Woodson, The " Jesse " gunned down in st. Joseph, MO., in 1882 was an impostor. The real Jesse lived on as railroad and mining tycoon J. Frank Dalton of Granbury Texas. Dying in 1951 at the age of 107. He married 26 times - but still found time to bury his loot somewhere near Waco, Tex...

What's everyone's take on this?

Thanks
Terry Martin (Leemar-Hunter)
Symbology Master And Land Reader Of Arkansas.

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the Jesse James buried gold , He must have owned stock in a shovel company ,,,

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
anyone who was smart enough to rob banks would not marry 26 times

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I talk with his great grand daughter the other night and she has written 3 books on his life while doing a lot of home work .My wifes uncle's brother inherited the farm Jesse live on in Bell Falls Tx till 1942.Heres a web site that I think is pretty good.She told me some neat storys
Contact - Jesse James' Death Hoax and Buried Treasures

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the unsubstantiated things my mom told me about my father's family was that we were related to Frank James-Jesse's brother.

My mom was known to make some stuff up, but some of the stuff she said has been verifiable true. I haven't put the time into this one to debunk it because it will be very hard to trace through the divorces, remarriage, deaths and loss of records. My grandfather was one of many sons (6-8, I can't remember) and his dad was also one of many sons also. At one point my great-grandfather is said to have dropped all the boys off at the orphanage just like his dad had done to him. When the men got tired of their wives, they just had them committed.

One day, I'll get the facts and write a book on it. Right now, I'm focused on earning a living to pay the bills.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I already found Jesse's treasure - It was near Lake Elysian, he was surrounded by a group of farmers after he and his gang were shot up by the people of Northfield Minnesota. He buried it and actually did escape. He never came back to Minnesota and I spent it all................

Sallysue

Oct 31, 2012
Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would luv to go MD his place in Bell Falls Tex but the owner wont let anybody on the land . The old house has been torn down and theres really nothing there but bare land

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread