Please offer what experience and knowledge you have to this unusual request.

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

Wow, interesting to see this thread revived. It has been awhile.

I did run across this article online that asks similar questions on LostTreasure.com. I think that thread has been deleted though. I had printed a pdf of it and am attaching it to this post if anyone cares to read it.

Also, I have used newspaperarchives.com before and there are a lot of articles in old newspapers regarding treasure lights. That website is a GREAT resource for treasure hunters. Its worth the free subscription registration for 14 days just to check it out. There were several articles on previous attempts to recover other treasures. Some of the old articles even published all the details from the treasure hunters back in the day.

Good luck to everyone and I really appreciate all the input.

Patrick

Attachments

• lost treasure article.pdf
    560.3 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:

THE1

Aug 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok treasure sites are usually in my exp very haunted places my trick is to wait for the full moon then carefully observe all night any ghost activity specifically where their is more than a few shadow figures and if they seem to be congregating around a specific area.. then come day i go have a closer look in that area... i tend to feeel thwy power up using the gold or silver in cacheS more than a few times its put me right where i need to be

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
ok treasure sites are usually in my exp very haunted places my trick is to wait for the full moon then carefully observe all night any ghost activity specifically where their is more than a few shadow figures and if they seem to be congregating around a specific area.. then come day i go have a closer look in that area... i tend to feeel thwy power up using the gold or silver in cacheS more than a few times its put me right where i need to be
Found anything, yet...?

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a description I found on wikipedia:

Atmospheric ghost lights are lights (or fires) of unknown origin. Examples include the onibi, hitodama and will-o'-wisp. They are often seen in humid climates.[1]

According to legend some lights are wandering spirits of the dead, the work of devils (or yokai) or the pranks of fairies. They are feared by some humans as a portent of death. In other parts of the world, there are folk beliefs that supernatural fires appear where treasure is buried; these fires are said to be the spirits of the treasure or the spirits of humans buried with grave goods.[1] Atmospheric ghost lights are also thought to be related to UFOs.[2]

Some fires of unknown origin (such as St. Elmo's fire or the shiranui) have been explained as optical phenomena of light emitted through electrical activity. Other theories concerning the origin of these fires include the combustion of flammable gases, ball lightning, meteors, torches and other human-made fires, the misperception of human objects and pranks.[2][2][3]

Hello All;

Ghosts, auras, lights and otherworldly phenomena of supposed treasure sites.

In other parts of the world, there are folk beliefs that supernatural fires appear where treasure is buried; these fires are said to be the spirits of the treasure or the spirits of humans buried with grave goods such as the person killed above and buried with it to guard it?

Regards

LUE-hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Here is another bit of strange lights called the Marfa Lights in Texas.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F88A7387FBB08E28782CF88A7387FBB08&FORM=VDRVRV

It is close to some well known treasure sites.

Mexico has two equivalents as well. In one they are called brujas (witches), folklore explains will-o-the-wisp to be witches who transformed into these lights. The reason for this, however, varies according to the region. Another explanation refers to the lights as indicators to places where gold or hidden treasures are buried which can be found only with the help of children, in this one they are called luces del dinero (money lights) or luces del tesoro (treasure lights).

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Last edited:

top88

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2019
aspen
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for signs of old campfires and camp there. Be sure to be awake at 2:30 a.m.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread