Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello All the Following treasure legend is from the International Association for Cryptology Research.

Is it a true legend or just another publicity scam you be the judge?

General Wang Jingjiu or Wang Ching-chiu, Born in 1902 and died in1964, was a general in Chinese National revolutionary Army. He commanded the 87th Division and was engaged in the Chinese civil war and suppressing the Chahar people Army in 1933. His Division became one of the Chinese-German trained Divisions forme in 1936-37. It fought under the 71st Corps at the Battle of Shanghi and Battle of Nanking The following year he commanded 25th Corps in the Battle Wuhan and in the battle of Nangchang. He later commanded the 10th Army Group in the Battle of Zhejiang- Jiangxi of 1942. he also fought in and Western Hunan Campaign in 1945.

Wang_Jingjiu.jpg

There is mystery Cypher in Chinese and Latin on seven gold bars. The gold bars are allegedly issued to the Chinese General Wang. The bars have images, Chinese writing, some kind of script writing, and Latin letters stamped onto them. The Latin letters are some sort of cryptogram, while the Chinese has been translated and refers to a $300,000,000 transaction of some sort.

The idea is that the bars are certificates for a bank deposit in some U.S. bank. If they can be deciphered, they may show a claim for the deposit. If you want to try your hand at deciphering them,

The rather poor quality photographs with the lettering highlighted for clarity of them are posted below. perhaps you could solve the cypher which might lead to a much bigger fortune than 7 gold bars.

10.2.jpg 10.1.jpg

7.1.jpg 7.2.jpg

11.1.jpg 11.2.jpg

13.1.jpg 13.2.jpg

It should be noted that each side of the 7 bars have cyphers.

Anyone interested in looking into this further you can contact Peter Bisno Law Offices of Bisno and Samberg address supplied at the following website below.

International Association for Cryptologic Research

Gold bar mystery from China

Crow

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you back my friend, was a bit worried. I almost called the Drumbeat via our sat phone then realized that I had to research the tel no.
You ARE skinnier now no? :tongue3::laughing7::coffee2::coffee2:

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Don Amigo

I hurt an old neck muscle wound again so I have laid up for a few days. Doctors say rest no strenuous activity for the next 4 days. Kanacki recons I already perfected the art of doing nothing. So the girls have been pampering me. Been getting my neck and back massaged and my drinking arm is crook. Kanacki and family and most of the crew is ashore but two of the girls today have stayed behind to look after me. We are looking after Drumbeat today.

Over Christmas and new year I caught with some old friends and acquaintances. Found out through a mutual friend that an old workmate of mine has passed away. Got to spend one paycheck of his pension. Busted his ass all his life and did not get to see dime of his superannuation or enjoy it. Such is life, live for the moment like its your last and a message to all those couch potatoes. Ya burning up your life go live it. As for me well I am enjoying every minute. I will get two of the girls to take me over to yacht club for a few ales. Met some interesting characters that have blown in as we say from the four courners of the world.

The above yarn was told to me by a Chinese pearl dealer I meet a few days ago.

Anyone seeking more info on this general with find that this general wang is rather elusive. He fled to Taiwan in 1949 So this gold must some how be associated with the retreating national forces during the Chinese Civil war against the communists in China. How these bars got to America is anyone guess.

Perhaps a deal in the making for a smart operator who can decipher what information is on the bars?

For one thing some one has gone to great lengths to make a complicated cypher for what?

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
For example, one of the bars has the following arrangement:
HLMTAHGBGFNIV ZUQUPNZN ABRYCTUGVZXUPB MVERZRLQDBHQ GKJFHYXODIE UGMNCBXCFLDBEY VIOHIKNNGUAB HFXPCQYZVATXAWIZPVE If you turn the bar around, the other end of the bar has the following lines, interspersed with lines of Chinese characters:

JKGFIJPMCWSAEK SKCDKJCDJCYQSZKTZJPXPWIRN MQOLCSJTLGAJOKBSSBOMUPCE FEWGDRHDDEEUMFFTEEMJXZR RHZVIYQIYSXVNQXQWIOVWPJO MQOLCSJTLGAJOKBSSBOMUPCE FEWGDRHDDEEUMFFTEEMJXZR SKCDKJCDJCYQSZKTZJPXPWIRN
RHZVIYQIYSXVNQXQWIOVWPJO MQOLCSJTLGAJOKBSSBOMUPCE

10.2.jpg

10.1.jpg

Crow

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One such researcher claims the following. Your guess is as good as any ones?

The "script writing" simply appears to be extremely messy signatures. It's possible to match some of them up on the same bar or across different bars. Some of the "script" is also Chinese; usually the year (一九三三年), and sometimes the amount (三億.....元..., it's pretty hard to make out).
The "cryptogram" generally gets more attention tho. It consists of sixteen different strings of letters of lengths from eight to twenty five letters long. They are all capitalized and all twenty six letters are used. There are no spaces, except when different strings are placed next to each other. The strings are never broken across a line, even tho some overlap images. All of the strings are printed at least twice, and one of them up to eight times.
The strings are as follows:

SKCDKJCDJCYQSZKTZJPXPWIRN 25 letters, 3 repetitions
MQOLCSJTLGAJOKBSSBOMUPCE 24/4
RHZVIYQIYSXVNQXQWIOVWPJO 24/3
FEWGDRHDDEEUMFFTEEMJXZR 23/6
XLYPISNANIRUSFTFWMIY 20/3
HFXPCQYZVATXAWIZPVE 19/4
YQHUDTABGALLOWLS 16/5
ABRYCTUGVZXUPB 14/5
JKGFIJPMCWSAEK 14/5
UGMNCBXCFLDBY 13/2
KOWVRSRWTMLDH 13/4
HLMTAHGBGFNIV 13/5
MVERZRLQDBHQ 12/3
VIOHIKNNGUAB 12/5
GKJFHYXODIE 11/4
ZUQUPNZN 8/8
KO 2/4
The "KO" is actually not part of the "cryptogram", but precedes a serial number in the upper left corner of each bar. You'll soon see why I include it in the list tho.
The first step of almost any cryptanalysis is a frequency analysis. This can generally show whether the cipher is just a simple substitution or simple transposition, in which case the letter frequency curve will match that of ordinary language. That is, in English, 'e' will be the most common, and 'q' and 'z' will be rare. Since this message is so repetitious, I decided to use only a single instance of each string so as not to skew the results.
The results of the frequency analysis are:

A 10
B 10
C 10
D 10
E 10
F 10
G 10
H 10
I 13
J 10
K 10
L 10
M 10
N 10
O 10
P 10
Q 10
R 10
S 11
T 9
U 10
V 10
W 10
Y 10
Z 10
Well, nearly every letter occurs exactly ten times! (This is why I also included the "KO" above.) Isn't that suspicious! How could this be? Simple: it's not a cryptogram at all! Ten sets of type were taken, strung together randomly into a number of strings, and then repeatedly stamped across the bars. This also explains why they're so repetitious and never break across a line. But why bother doing that at all? That can be easily explained by looking at the nature of the objects they're printed on.
The "cryptogram" (and probably the "script writing" as well) is simply acting as a space-filler. It has no meaning. The reasons may be twofold: one, the space-filling may exist to prevent "shaving" the gold, much in the way that reeded edges are sometimes used on coins; two, since one of the bars contains some sort of contract, filling the empty space prevents one party from fraudulently adding onto the contract.
This all only took a couple of hours to figure out, but since it's not a particularly well-known "cryptogram" I suspect that not many people have put much effort into it, so I won't get too full of myself for being the first one to figure it out. :)

For me there is still too many unanswered questions to make any definite opinion matter?

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just made a fantastic sour dough batter for hotcakes in the morning, join me? Bring the girls with you :laughing7::tongue3:

As for your cryptogram, most try to explain it in English symbols? Why not an abstract,, fairly unknown Chinese type. When I was in Tsingtao many of the Chinese refugees literally could not understand each other, any more than they could my Yankee talk. In what district was this generaal born?

Remember, I spent Christmas eve in 48 teaching a pore, worn out, happy house, hostess, basic chinese. Also my father decided to learn Mandarin and naturally insisted that I join him, sheeesh, but it did help establish my "me Tarzan you Jane".

Don Jose de La Mancha

P.s. how are the girls doing on yer neck ?

p.p.s What'd you and H R do with my Amy ?

p.p.s Remember all Chinese symbols are identified by the no of strokes and they use classifiers, so ------ ???

p.p.p.s so there goes my sleep tonight, yer mean.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Any wonder my boats and purse are small? Maybe each set of hands including those casting bars added their touch marks /cartouches to declare ownership and bars are well traveled? Cryptography enticing though.
To carry paper only,(even cloth) if bars were used to blot ink it would not matter the patterns meanings, as long as I had proof of what was on them thus allowing a claim of possession with out possessing.A receipt witness of sorts that is more portable and harder to get caught with by unknowing eyes when crossing boarders or opposing forces, yet specific not only to gold bars but to particular gold bars.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Relevent chair it is possible of course. I really have not much idea about them.

Cryptology is not my strong point. If the bars where used as stamps then everything would have been written back to front. I have never seen bars like this. I am more inclined to think they were at one time part of an elaborate Spanish swindle type scam. They show similar hall marks of manufacture like the fake bars seen in Philippines.

For example why would general wang would ever have his name on the bars anyway? He had fled to Taiwan in 1949. He lived until 1964 he could of retrieved them any time? Another thing if you look at the serial numbers they are not in succession. these bars would of been cast in special one off molds. A lot of time a preparation went into these bars not the castings of gold from a army in retreat.

Don Jose How I understand it in Chinese there are two main Chinese languages and host of smaller Chinese languages. There is not much information about general Wang.

As for the girls yes their fingers are working like magic on my neck I will have one working on shoulders and the other on the small of my back and I will turn into jelly. As for Amy, well shes still on holiday till the end of January then back to the States then onto Rome. She is contacted to research with a legal firm investigating the Vatican Bank.

So all good for now for this tropical tramp being massaged twice day by two beautiful young women in a beautiful location and handed a drink when required. It cannot get much better.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rub it in ya tropical tramp.sniff, but in my opinion you have earned it and more.

G'd evening Kancaker and your family , of course to all of the feminine crew of the Drum Beat.

Hi to amy if you happen to see her. Tell her that her lack of finding anything in the Vatican was invaluable for me, it semi confirmed my suspicians etc for a "Need to know" series of documents in the Jesut files.. You will notice no mention of any Jesuit involvement in any political plot, yet it is fairly common in the records of many countrys.

The only one that has been made public is Flipper's infamous one which IS 100% correct, since I have personally proven it.

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

Last edited:

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
gold bar.jpg

I have been trained by the USAF in their cryptology. So, I guess I am one step above amateur! I am amazed at the level of detail on these bars. By inverting the image, you can lose the gold "glare" and view the etchings more clearly. The quality of the Latin letters and numbers are very good. The "KO 08122" seems to call to me. Then there is the "USA" part. Of course, I will defer to Don Jose and his opinion on this matter! Very interesting.:coffee2:

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Arizona Bob

Interesting point and a brilliant idea you can see much more clearly the details. If there is anything you can perceive with the bars will be of great interest to us all. The Ko 08122 I presume was the serial number of the bar. The invitation is open for anyone else for that matter in regards to anything they can see in them. Many eye are better than my tired old one. Perhaps you see a pattern or system in the Cypher.

I found out a little more about General Wang

[h=3]Promotions[/h]
1927-04-XXLieutenant-Colonel (Post rank)
1927-06-XXColonel (Post rank)
1931-05-XXMajor-General (Post rank)
1932-08-11Lieutenant-General (Post rank)
1935-04-13Major-General
1936-10-05Lieutenant-General

[h=3]Service[/h]
1927-04-XX1927-06-XXDeputy Commanding Officer 63rd Regiment, 21st Division
1927-06-XX1928-03-XXCommanding Officer 63rd Regiment, 21st Division
1928-03-XX1928-07-XXCommanding Officer 7th Regiment, 3rd Division
1928-07-XX1931-05-XXCommanding Officer 9th Regiment, 5th Brigade, 2nd Division
1931-05-XX1931-10-XXCommanding Officer 4th Brigade, 2nd Division
1931-10-XX1932-01-XXDeputy Commanding Officer 1st Guards Division
1932-01-XX1932-08-11Deputy Commanding Officer 87th Division
1932-08-111937-10-15Commanding Officer 87th Division
1933-03-181937-10-15Deputy Commanding Officer Capital Garrison Command
1937-09-121938-05-01Commanding Officer 71st Army
1938-05-011938-05-08Unemployed
1938-05-081938-06-16Commanding Officer 27th Army
1938-06-161939-08-16Commanding Officer 25th Army
1938-08-051939-02-07Commander in Chief 37th Army Group
1939-02-071941-08-25Deputy Commander in Chief 32nd Army Group
1941-08-251944-10-XXCommander in Chief 10th Army Group
1944-10-XX1945-01-XXAttending the 1st Generals' Class A, Army College
1945-01-XX1945-12-XXCommander in Chief 10th Army Group
1945-12-XX1946-08-XXDeputy Commanding Officer Chongqing Garrison Command
1946-08-XXCommander in Chief 32nd Army Group
1946-08-XX1947-03-XXCommanding Officer 27th Army
1947-03-XX1947-08-XXCommander in Chief 2nd Army Corps
1947-08-XX1948-02-XXUnemployed
1948-02-XX1949-01-XXDeputy Commanding Officer Capital Garrison Command
1949-01-XX1949-05-XXCommanding Officer Fujian Coastal Defence Area
1949-01-XX1949-02-01Commanding Officer 1st Training & Practice Headquarters
1949-02-011949-07-26Commanding Officer 1st Organisation & Training Headquarters
1949-05-XX1949-07-26Deputy Commanding Officer Fuzhou Pacification Headquarters
Leaves for Taiwan

Don Jose as strange as this seem I am err... That horrible word working. I just like to do it on my terms and in style.

Cheers Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Work?? This word has a peculiar effect on cryptologists, it diverts them and their thoughts to other subjects thus makin a crypotgram even more difficult. Keep it up, yer already making me so nervous that I cannot fully concentrate.

pigeon pie, I wonder how to make crow pie?

But then hasn't our resident 'caw caw' also eaten Gumby stew which makes him uneatable? inedible, unsavory, lousy dangerous eating.

Don Jose de La Mancha

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Ed T

My Spanish is a little rusty.

"Gumby" era un hombre que trabajaba conmigo en Nueva Guinea que comían carne humana pensando que era cerdo.

As for the weather you know the old saying ED. "The sun only shines upon the righteous"

Yeah Kanacki knew the different tribes well up there. One thing with one tribe you never except meat especially if you cannot see where it came from. Kanacki must of told Don Jose of Gumbys Dining experience.

I never saw man puke so much...... When after he found out after having a bellyful

Crow

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Thank you Crow for your kind words. Now let me see... hmmmm. I have been working on a certain China movement of gold for many years. I have put this treasure study down for about a year to work on other things. I don't have access to all my files right now. If I recall correctly, around 1949-ish the US "helped" China protect a large amount of gold by loading it into planes (C-47's?) and flying it to the USA for safekeeping. Only... when it got to the USA... the gold disappeared! Suddenly no one wanted to discuss the gold. I have been tracking it for a few years. I don't expect to find any gold now, as I'm sure it has been melted and recasted with US info on the bars. The bars from 1949 had some very strange (cryptic) markings on them also. I think I have pictures of a bar or two. I will try to locate the pictures!

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Bob.

Very interesting. For me there not much I can add except this China Times story dated 4/4/2011 by Qi Le-yi

Since 1949, with the Communist victory in China's civil war and the retreat of the Nationalists to Taiwan, the two sides of the Taiwan Strait have since governed themselves independent of the other.

For the defeated Nationalist leader Chiang Kai-shek, a key mission ahead of his withdrawal was to use all possible means to transport the many millions of ounces of gold reserves from the state treasury in Shanghai to Taiwan.
Chiang wanted to use the country's gold reserves to build Taiwan into a strong base for retaking the mainland. As Chiang wrote in his diary in December 1948, "We must undertake currency reform as a way to contain high inflation." He accordingly appropriated 800,000 ounces of gold for the issuance of the New Taiwan dollar.

A former visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University, Pan Pang-cheng, recalled that the gold transported from Shanghai was not limited to this use however. "More importantly, it had a far-reaching effect on Taiwan's subsequent economic development as well as its military and politics."
Pan said Chiang shipped more from Shanghai to Taiwan than just gold. He also took with him silver, foreign currency, jewelry and silver coins.
"Otherwise, where would the salaries for the 800,000 troops Chiang withdrew to Taiwan along with him come from? And how could the government fund a series of four-year economic development plans? We must also not forget that the government spent a lot promoting the development of private enterprise," Pan said.

Author of The Secret Gold File, Wu Sing-yung, quoting an American document said the US State Department in March 1950 received a report that "Taiwan's situation was stabilizing." This was prior to the outbreak of the Korean War, the point at which the United States realized Chiang's government on the island was too important to lose and began to extend military assistance. So the word "stabilizing," Wu said, was taken by many as referring to the stabilizing effect of the gold shipped to Taiwan ahead of the retreat.

Wu pointed out that more than two million ounces of gold and large amounts of US dollars were deposited at the Bank of Taiwan. A majority of such valuable assets found their way into the private sector. "This not only helped stabilize the value of the New Taiwan dollar but also helped disburse the salaries for government employees and the members of the armed forces," Wu said.

There is I suspect there is a connectionwith this story?

Crow

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Hello Crow! I am still not in possession of all of my documents relating to the 1949 China gold movement to the US. I call it the 1949 gold movement because the movement of gold out of China started in 1949. Over the years I have been fortunate to possess certain documents, among which, are a collection of diaries. I happen to have a 1950 diary (was working on something else) which details part of the travel route of the China gold. As you can see by my arrow, the gold (officially) entered the US through Alaska on or about January 14, 1950. It was still acknowledged and accounted for at this time. The hand written entry says "Gold ($45 mill) has been flown from Siano to US via Alaska." The person who wrote these diaries kept track many things including this gold movement. I will be happy to post more info when I am able to access my other documents!

China Gold 1950.jpg

OP
OP
Crow

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Arizona Bob

WOW! Some interesting stuff. I appreciate what ever you choose to share on this topic as for me the petrol tank is empty on this topic.

I should be back in a week or so as we set sail shortly. So I post again in week or so.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread