Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Like Tree1132Likes

Thread: Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Apr 2016
    3 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I wish you success

Aug 2016
    2 times
    When you boys think of finding Jessies Treasures, Consider this

The amounts he supposedly robbed from banks thought to be robbed by him and his gang, were supplied by the bankers who were known to, when having their amounts insured, inflate the amount stolen, just to get back from the insurance companies MORE than James robbed.

Those amounts, most of them were fantastic amounts of money, especially right after a war which brought a nation finantually near to its knees in debt. I would take a zero off of EACH of the amounts to be able to reach a more realistic amount, and, in near 1/2 would still be in the high range.

Upon his death, or supposed death, he left his wife and family with nothing. She lived and died in poverty. IF there was ever any money to be had that was hid, Im sure that Frank would have used some of it to take care of his brothers family.

Jessie paid off ALOT of people, but likely never worried about it as, when the money ran low, there was always another bank to be tipped over.

It amazes me that he didn't try to rob a bank in St Joe. He had the lay of the city in his goings and comings, and THOSE banks in St Joe, the big ones, had the cash.

Platt City was a 1 horse town in his day. It likely didn't have 2000 people in it in 1950, Ive been by it from around 74 to 84, Yes, its a big town now as its tied in with KC, and as a suburb its filled with KCidians wanting to move out of the downtown part of KC, but, it wasn't always that way. That's likely why Bonnie and Clyde and gang hid out there.
    Rebel - KGC and doc-d like this.

Sep 2016
    Arkansas
    2 times
    Has anyone heard of or seen a signature of either of the James boys? I mean did they write there names in caves that they hid out in? Has anyone heard of this, recently heard of a person who found a cave and supposedly there are their names in the cave far back?
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SearcyArk2016 View Post
    Has anyone heard of or seen a signature of either of the James boys? I mean did they write there names in caves that they hid out in? Has anyone heard of this, recently heard of a person who found a cave and supposedly there are their names in the cave far back?
    Nah; only "JJ"...

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    173 times
    I wish I could do some Mding at that place where he suppose have lived in Blevins Tx . The land belongs to my wifes uncle brother and he won't let anybody on it.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallysue View Post
    I wish I could do some Mding at that place where he suppose have lived in Blevins Tx . The land belongs to my wifes uncle brother and he won't let anybody on it.
    That's SAD!

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    173 times
    I wish they would do a DNA on that grave in Blevins to see if that really was J James like Betty Duke claimed
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Betty's family (son), "is on it"...

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    173 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    Betty's family (son), "is on it"...
    I feel that they haven't been doing anything

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    I wonder if they had signed their names ever, after they got out of school. When
    would that have possibly been, say when signing up to ride with Bloody Bill Anderson,
    or William Quantrill? Maybe for making a little bank deposit or withdrawal? Other than
    Jesse carving their names on the brass kettle, that Frank had likely wanted to recover.
    But it was later found instead, by a treasure hunter, long after Frank gave up and left,
    and sometime later died...

Would Jesse really have let Frank give up, on very possibly, the biggest bulk of their
    cached gold in the Wichita's? Supposedly the famed gold bars, they had taken with
    the capture of a Mexican federale's pack train in Chihuahua, when they visited there
    without permission, slipped past the border patrol, and overstayed their lost visas?

If Jesse was still alive then, wouldn't he have gotten the needed map clue info for
    anything there to Frank, or went there himself, to be sure it was recovered to use
    for his supposed new family, or maybe even for "the cause"?

Where did Frank likely live, after he recovered the crocks of gold in the Wichita's? Just
    there on the family farm, selling replaceable pebbles off of Jesse's grave for .25 cents?
    Why wasn't he investigated by the government, or was he perhaps immune to that?
    He did live a few years after he left Fletcher, but it is doubtful, that he ever went
    back east to live in VA.

HA! "Thread" is NOT about FRANK JAMES...
    Ditlihi likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallysue View Post
    I feel that they haven't been doing anything
    Didn't Betty die (RIP), before any "conclusion" could be "made"...? Dunno.
    Ditlihi likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    So? What does it matter, if he is Jesse's brother?
    Ha! I think you may have been displaying your
    petty discontent for sometime, even jealousy.

The fact is: Quite on topic, and if you knew
    the answer, is relevant, and totally lines up
    with the specific thread title. But you don't.

So... Start your own thread about Jesse,
    or Frank, or whatever, and you don't have
    to worry at all, about if I may mention some
    thing, or a thought about Frank James on mine.

Being unfriendly, jumping in acting
    like the starter, trying to bait, reporting,
    and also attempting to provoke, is just
    obvious. No secret you may dislike me.

So just leave me, or the thread alone then,
    instead of being out to get me, for what good?

Maybe you can use your knowledge to satisfy
    yourself, or to help someone else tune in to?
    Wouldn't that time be much better spent,
    than in vain trying on purposely being
    annoying, "Brother"?

~:Crosse:~
    "Annoying"...? Awwww; NOT "out to get you"... read the Frank James Trial Transcript for yourself... page 7, I think. He DID come to VIRGINIA, he stated so, himself... (one source).
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Sep 19, 2016 at 04:25 PM.
    Ditlihi likes this.

Jun 2007
    8438 times
    So... "SPILL IT OUT", then.
    Ditlihi likes this.

us
    Jan 2017
    Pleasant hill missouri
    2 times
    After visiting Jesse home in Saint joe. I do not believe that Jesse was killed there. Have you read " The real Jesse James by author Vince's Simmons ? You can get it on amazon. Very interesting book.
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

Charter Member
    um
    Dec 2008
    1939 times
    Lkadams:

Jesse James was one of the most notorious outlaws of his day. A conspiracy vast enough to cover up his fake death would have unraveled a long time ago.

There were a number of similar stories in the 19th Century. That's one reason you'll find many photos of dead outlaws. Some of the interest was ghoulish, of course - like postcards of Black lynching victims and the sale of their body parts. But in most cases it was to document their demise and nothing more.

Of course there were some pathetic old timers claiming to be Jesse James or Billy the Kid or somebody else. The conspiracy bluffs continue to dismiss the documented fact and cling to their crackpot theories.

I don't mean to go off on you. You are a new member of TN and welcome to the club! I just don't buy the idea that Jesse James wasn't killed back in 1882.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM
    Ditlihi likes this.
    Make America Think Again

Do you have good books in good condition you are never going to re-read? Clean 'em out!
    Operation Paperback collects gently used books and sends them to American troops.

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links