Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones,
Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones,
Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe.
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Good To Know Reb!! That's what I'm looking for!! By your wording, Both Buck and Bear have passed and this is Fed Land. Does that mean they or someone they knew would have moved anything prior to Feds taking over? Or that someone knows where something might be located on that land still?

I can't wait till we get to Frank 'Buck'!!

It would be a loooong, loooong shot but William Wright is a multi generational name in my family. I've taken that line back very far in my genealogy research. However, it hit a dead end with my generation. The name William Wright _____ has been carried on.

Generational in my neck o the woods and dwindling Fast!

Great Post Reb!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
TY, "ECS"; IF "Mexican" coins were part of the "lost" CONFEDERATE TREASURY, it MAY WELL have been from the "MAX Treasure" above, OR! Mexican War Mexican Treasury via Capt. Robert E. Lee, US ARMY in 1848 or so... ALL wrapped up in the "Beale Treasure" as indicated in 1885. Heh...

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
If you want to take this thread to Texas, you might invite member Jay Longley to post. He says he has located some KCG treasures in central TX. and claims Bloody Bill Anderson wasn't killed but lived a long life near Brownwood,TX. Frank and Jesse were to have visited him there.
As to the "buried alive" thing. It was not uncommon I guess. My Grandmothers second husband was born July 4 1900. When he was a little boy his Aunt "died" and was to be buried in a casket made of metal with a glass "window" above the face of the deceased. They had sealed the casket just before services. At the end of services, someone noted the glass had fogged up. They opened the casket and his Aunt live 3 more yrs.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Good To Know Reb!! That's what I'm looking for!! By your wording, Both Buck and Bear have passed and this is Fed Land. Does that mean they or someone they knew would have moved anything prior to Feds taking over? Or that someone knows where something might be located on that land still?

I can't wait till we get to Frank 'Buck'!!

It would be a loooong, loooong shot but William Wright is a multi generational name in my family. I've taken that line back very far in my genealogy research. However, it hit a dead end with my generation. The name William Wright _____ has been carried on.

Generational in my neck o the woods and dwindling Fast!

Great Post Reb!
GOOD NEWS for YOU! It is WILLIAM T. Wright in Virginia... YOUR "Genes" are "kicking in"... LOL!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
If you want to take this thread to Texas, you might invite member Jay Longley to post. He says he has located some KCG treasures in central TX. and claims Bloody Bill Anderson wasn't killed but lived a long life near Brownwood,TX. Frank and Jesse were to have visited him there.
As to the "buried alive" thing. It was not uncommon I guess. My Grandmothers second husband was born July 4 1900. When he was a little boy his Aunt "died" and was to be buried in a casket made of metal with a glass "window" above the face of the deceased. They had sealed the casket just before services. At the end of services, someone noted the glass had fogged up. They opened the casket and his Aunt live 3 more yrs.
AGREE, "Texas Jay" is a GREAT resource...

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Time to dig the Genealogy Out Again!! lol!! That would be wild!!

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That is a good read but the truth of Maximillan is left out. Maximillan and his wife lived on in Texas. If you get Texas Jay on here maybe he can tell you about it. I believe Maxi's treasure was valued at $15 Million. He gave $5 Million to JJ and the KGC for bringing the treasures state side and rescuing him and his wife and giving them a new name and a new life in the US. JJ and I believe FJ went to Europe and brought Maxi's wife to him in Texas.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks UMM..Do you or Reb know him to invite him over? I don't.

Just sent him an invitation. I hope he will join the conversation, he has a wealth of information. :icon_thumright:

:coffee2:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good read but the truth of Maximillan is left out. Maximillan and his wife lived on in Texas...
When the revolution began, Carlotta went to Europe seeking military support for her husband.
On June 19, 1867, Maximilian, along with two of his generals was executed by firing squad at the Hill of Bells, Queretaro, Mexico.
Upon hearing of the death of her husband, Carlotta was said to have gone insane, and was institutionalized for the rest of her life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/Mazimilian_1_of_Mexico

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So goes the story but that is not all of the story. Maximilian survived the firing squad by a Monk that realized he was not dead and begged for his body to carry it to be cared for.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The monk story is considered as either legend or lore.
After his execution, Maximilian's body was embalmed and put on display in Mexico City for all to see, and later was shipped to Austria where he was buried in Vienna.

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Bloody Bill" was with "Q", as was JJ!
CSA Gen Joseph O Shelby knew both James brothers, as well as Anderson and Quantrill when they were Grey guerilla riders.
After the WAR and adventure in Mexico with Maximilian, Shelby's adjutant, John Newman Edwards owned THE KANSAS CITY TIMES, and wrote highly favorable articles of the "Robin Hoods of the West James brothers.
Frank James visited Shelby on many occasions, and at Frank James trial in Gallatin, Missouri, August 21, 1883, Shelby was a character witness for James, and the result was acquittal for James.

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CSA Gen Joseph O Shelby knew both James brothers, as well as Anderson and Quantrill when they were Grey guerilla riders.
After the WAR and adventure in Mexico with Maximilian, Shelby's adjutant, John Newman Edwards owned THE KANSAS CITY TIMES, and wrote highly favorable articles of the "Robin Hoods of the West James brothers.
Frank James visited Shelby on many occasions, and at Frank James trial in Gallatin, Missouri, Shelby was a character witness for James, and the result was acquittal for James.

I wonder if "John Newman Edwards (who) owned THE KANSAS CITY TIMES, and wrote highly favorable articles of the "Robin Hoods of the West James brothers"...was in cahoots with James W. Buel, the reporter for Kansas City newspapers who allegedly leaked the unofficial report of JWJ's autopsy we have been questioning?

Hmmm. :icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Dunno; I HAVE read where newspapers were utilized by KGC to send messages, with some "coding" going on. It WAS done by the CSA Secret Services (Signal Corps, I think)... during the CONFEDERATE WAR.

Kace

Bronze Member
Aug 15, 2017
Detector(s) used
GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just sent him an invitation. I hope he will join the conversation, he has a wealth of information. :icon_thumright:

:coffee2:

Thank You D! I can't wait for that info!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread