Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree2403Likes

Thread: Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    201 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    yes that was her
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    201 times
    Rebel - KGC and franklin like this.

Jun 2007
    9297 times
    LOL! Jesse James was ONLY ONE of his names... WHO was he REALLY...?
    franklin likes this.

ca
    Feb 2014
    Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
    AT PRO International, Blisstool V3
    43 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    Bottlecapbill: There was direct evidence (the brass bucket Jesse Inscribed; the kettle with gold bullion, gemstones, old coins, the etched copper sheet map, large keywinder watch, the Dutch oven, pick heads, wedge) and whatever else that was inside of these, that apparently got scattered (The Several Treasure Maps And Waybills), and supposedly missing after the death of Joe Hunter, who died in the 1950's, the last one to report findings, with proof, and he had plenty of legit witnesses... The thought that Frank couldn't find all he was looking for, also came from an old man named Jim Bevel, who Frank hired to go treasure hunting with him, for 3 yrs. Also Joe Hunter was not able to decode all of the symbols on the copper map, which could mean caches never found... Why would anyone need a map, is known by anyone returning after time to relocate something. I have seen things look very differently, at different times of day, but things can really change and look so much different after years, and seasons, for all the reasons... Frank was seen recovering multiple pots of gold, so he had a lot of money, did he have the chance to spend it? He sold rocks off of Jesse's grave. He left Fletcher in 1914, and then just lived about 1 year after, so any other recovery that was possible, was left to the guys who had clues... Their results, however were apparently limited, and so with treasure maps thought to be genuine, that those guys couldn't confirm the locations or find, the speculation there may still be a location that the map(s) fit, still unknown... Don't know why the Feds, weren't onto Frank's treasure hunting, Good point about the cost of living out traveling, though a dollar bought a lot back then... Don't see any problem with travel time between locations on horses, yes indeed it is all too romantic, sure they all needed money, and Jesse seemed to like to put some of it up, bury it, leave clues, make a map, and since no one knows if it was recovered, we all like to share ideas and discuss it, good points... Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    No problem, thanks for the replies. Most of this stuff is way too far from me to ever be anything more than a passing interest. I just find it ironic how real hard evidence of these treasure legends was always lost a long time ago, and only exists in "books". Seems fishy to me. If I were in any of the states the gang frequented, I'd just find the main trails(they would have traveled on) from the time and start metal detecting around any and all landmarks in the area. Things like strange rock formations, water falls, bridges, that type of deal. You may get lucky. Heck you may find a non-James gang cache too!

Jun 2007
    9297 times
    I see 2 possibilities; ONE is known as Traveling "banks" for on-the-road basic "needs" (coins in Mason Jars); pun on MASON-"DIXIE" Line of the CONFEDERATE WAR... and TWO is bigger depositories (at first for the "Rebellion", then to the BIG BOYS for WESTERN State-Rights expansion)... ROBBER BARONS & American Robbin' Hoods! (Out-laws)...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 21, 2014 at 09:36 PM.
    franklin likes this.

Jan 2008
    9 times
    So do any of you think that some or all of, "Any" Jesse James Treasure is actually buried with-in the Wichita Mt.s Wildlife Refuge?

I know that some was buried south of cement....according to what I understand.

Even though I know I can't actually dig or use a detector, I've been thinking about just taking a trip out there and spend a week taking pictures, hiking around and exploring the area.

I also want to drive to the Devils Canyon area and see what I can see there......for adventure/historical reasons mainly. I'd pay money to be able to use a detector in there......could you imagine.

Jun 2007
    9297 times
    Hey, Rebel - KGC: A "Traveling Bank" would be nice to find, probably have some silver dollars, I guess... Then a "Depository", doesn't sound like it would be very likely to find one of them, as they probably had them where they could keep a close eye, maybe even build over them?
    MANY "Traveling Banks" have already been used/found... BIG stuff MAY have already been found/used by Robber Barons, etc... the "FILTHY RICH".
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 22, 2014 at 05:50 PM.
    franklin likes this.

Jun 2007
    9297 times
    Would a "Traveling Bank" be likely to be found under trail marker trees usually, or where else? Would they just have known where they were, or have a mark or sign, like a blaze on a tree? Do you think they used rock S/S? Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    "Traveling Banks"...? MAINLY near the old roads/trails. Signs...? "Google" Treasure Signs by Jesse James; Treasure Trove Dreams: Jesse James. HH! Good Luck!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Feb 23, 2014 at 08:17 AM.
    franklin likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    201 times
    The top of this rock was laying by it. Some years ago put this tree threw the hole in it.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    201 times
    It right next to the lake The land just open up for house building.
    Rebel - KGC likes this.

us
    Mar 2014
    Houston, TX
    They were stolen
    51 times
    There is some local evidence and Cherokee stories that his and other gangs hid in the hills outside Tahlequah, OK. I have been there many times working with the Cherokee Nation and have been in one of these caves on Cherokee land. Even today, it is well-hidden and you'd never know it was there unless a local took you or you stumbled upon it. That being said, you're unlikely to stumble upon it as it is hidden away on private land. The cave is rather small and has the bottom filled in with small boulders that are not of the same make-up as the cave. It is up on a bluff above a small creek. Nobody has bothered excavating it as it and the creek below the entrance are both sacred to the Cherokee.

us
    Mar 2014
    Houston, TX
    They were stolen
    51 times
    deodar: Thank You Very Much For The Cool Story... And Sharing Interesting Info... Tahlequah has long been, and is definitely always one of my favorite haunts... Though I Do Have A lot Of Cherokee Blood...
    Both Parents, (and a lot of Choctaw), My Ancestors Though Being Well Over 1/2 Or Better, Insisted On Mingling With The European Whites Of The Period ( After The Trail Of Tears, The Civil War, And The Brutal Plains Indians Wars Of The Late 1800's, etc.), And Left The Cherokee Lands Area, Then Went To Work And Living In The Remote S/E Mountain Local: Refusing To Sign The Dawes Rolls, And Residing In The Areas Including Some On The Chickasaw Creek, In The Choctaw Country Of S/E Indian Territory, And Those Areas Of The Jack Forks Of: The Winding Stair Mountains... Though Having No Legal Tie To The Cherokees, Certainly A lot Of Consideration... The Cave Sounds Super Cool... I've Always Wondered About Them Steep Bluffs All Along The Illinois River, Etc., And Just Enjoy What I Can When Visiting There, And The Baron Fork, The Foothills Of The Ozarks, Etc... In Those Excellent Sacred Areas, Where It Is Well Known Even The Ancient Paleolithic Peoples Had Visited (Maybe 8,000-11,000+ BC), And Seemingly All Of The Periods Since Known Of... It Seems Likely, Usually Where JJ Was Finding A Place Interesting To Him And Stopping, That Spot Had Previously Been Visited, Of Ancient Times... Then there is the Story Of Cherokee Indian Outlaw "Ned Christy", Somewhere In Those River Bluffs, About The Several Lawmen Who Discovered And Burned His Cabin, Shooting Him As He And A Friend Tried To Escape The Fire, Though His Loot Was Supposedly Never Found, As The Story Goes... A Mysterious And Intriguing Ancient Place For Sure... Thanks Again, Would Love To See A Picture, If Permitted, Of Course... ~: CDS :~

Great reply! This particular area is steeped both in history and legend. Often, the two seem married to one another. Due to the nature of the investigation, I cannot give away too much, but please the below images. I hope you enjoy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0638.JPG 
Views:	252 
Size:	2.97 MB 
ID:	959604Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0639.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	2.90 MB 
ID:	959605Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0640.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	2.75 MB 
ID:	959606Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0644.JPG 
Views:	265 
Size:	2.89 MB 
ID:	959607Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0645.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	959609

This image is too large to post here, but you may visit the link below to view or download it.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...s/IMG_0637.JPG
    Last edited by deodra; Mar 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added an image

us
    Mar 2014
    Houston, TX
    They were stolen
    51 times
    Yes, Quite Interesting... Some Intriguing Familiar Shapes Going On There, A Pleasure To View Indeed... More Evidence Of How Much Time Was Apparently Spent In "The Nations", Nice Pics!!! Best Regards, ~: CDS :~
    Agreed. Did you notice the tunnel in the floor of the cave that's been filled in, but there's a cavity below it? I wish the image was in focus, but it was getting dark and I didn't have my external light. I had left it back at camp. I was not thinking about it at the time, but my cohort was below me by the creek. I should've asked for his light.

us
    Mar 2014
    Houston, TX
    They were stolen
    51 times
    Yes... Just Curious, Do You Get A Little Spooky Feeling There? LOL... Would Be Fun To Run A Deep Seeker... At The Risk Of Being Annoying, Do You Recognize The Carvings?... Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    I will PM you.

us
    Mar 2014
    Houston, TX
    They were stolen
    51 times
    I Like These Pics!!!
    Thanks! It was getting dark out so the pics came out kinda crappy. It is a neat place.

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links