Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist? - Page 43
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Like Tree3039Likes

Thread: Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Jun 2007
    14132 times
    Just BRIEFLY on JLC; COULD he had been a Yank "spy" (with a Union Record), pretending to be JJ...? Having "family members" writing to him "at that time", so they ALL could discredit JJ/CSA/KGC...? AND! TODAY, we have "proof" that JLC was JJ! HA! BACK to DALTON! Gonna be INTERESTING!
    franklin and Kace like this.

Jun 2007
    14132 times
    J. ("Jesse") Frank Dalton... LAWDY! What can we "say" about JFD...? LOL! And the "BLACK BOOK"...

us
    DiggerGal

Oct 2013
    California
    Garrett AT Pro
    505 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel - KGC View Post
    J. ("Jesse") Frank Dalton... LAWDY! What can we "say" about JFD...? LOL! And the "BLACK BOOK"...
    What is the “Black Book”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rebel - KGC and Kace like this.
    Wonderful items lie in the History Beneath us.....

Jun 2007
    14132 times
    Glad you asked; hard back copy of Del Schrader's book, JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES; BLACK Book with brown "title". You get a copy for... $695.00 or $425.00, OR! A DIGITAL copy for only $495.00. "Google" Jesse James Was One of His Names by Philip K. Kromer. HH! Good Luck! Read it "on-line" for FREE, years ago... LAWDY!
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Sep 27, 2017 at 04:34 PM.
    franklin, Kace and Texas Jay like this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    14801 times
    Treasurehunting & Historical research
    ...or James Frank Dalton born in Goliad, Texas in 1847.
    Kace likes this.

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    14801 times
    Glad you asked; hard back copy of Del Schrader's book, JESSE JAMES WAS ONE OF HIS NAMES...
    ...or read this synopsis:
    http://www.genealogy.com/forum/surna...cs/james/14884
    Kace likes this.

Aug 2016
    4771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    Thanks Dit...What about JLC for instance that was on the documented Union Rolls only and at an early age? Never showed as a documented Confederate at all?

You'll never know for sure unless you ante up and search the Galvanized Yankees records and eliminate the possibility. There could be several reasons he is not listed on the Confederate rolls, or you couldn't find him.

Sometimes the facts can only be found by the process of elimination. If you leave a possible stone unturned, error can easily creep into the equation and create doubt in a jury.

Are we looking for facts...or popular opinion?
    Last edited by Ditlihi; Sep 27, 2017 at 04:57 PM.
    franklin, Rebel - KGC and Kace like this.

us
    Oct 2012
    Tx
    277 times
    Ok check this out long before I even got interested in J J I had a renter that when he was filling out my contract as a joke he said to me that I better be nice to him and I said why He said he was kin to J J . and we laugh and never discuss it. Years later some family members inherited some land in Blevins and the story was that J J lived there So I got on the net a found Betty Duke and left her a message about the land . She said she had a DNA done on the grave in Mo. and said it was not J J and tract him here in Tex and he change his name to J Courtney she also said she had a map of where he buried some stash on the Cow House creek. Ok after I got interested I called my renter up ask ask why he thought he was kin to J J He said he was told that all his life so he got a pic of his great great grandmother and found a pic of JJ mom and the look just alike and to top that of his name was P Courtney.
    Rebel - KGC, weekender and Kace like this.

Jun 2007
    14132 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    ...or James Frank Dalton born in Goliad, Texas in 1847.
    Nah, JOHN Frank Dalton. "Google" J. Frank Dalton.
    Kace and franklin like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4616 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditlihi View Post
    You'll never know for sure unless you ante up and search the Galvanized Yankees records and eliminate the possibility. There could be several reasons he is not listed on the Confederate rolls, or you couldn't find him.

Sometimes the facts can only be found by the process of elimination. If you leave a possible stone unturned, error can easily creep into the equation and create doubt in a jury.

Are we looking for facts...or popular opinion?
    True...

I'd Love Facts..But right now I think we will have to be happy with Our Own Little CIVIL Court Jury Vote!! lol
    Ditlihi likes this.

Aug 2016
    4771 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kace View Post
    True...

I'd Love Facts..But right now I think we will have to be happy with Our Own Little CIVIL Court Jury Vote!! lol

As you wish, so shall it be.

Good luck with that, Adios!

ECS
    us
    Mar 2012
    Ocala,Florida
    14801 times
    Nah, JOHN Frank Dalton. "Google" J. Frank Dalton.
    THE J Frank Dalton PAPERS:
    A Guide to the J. Frank Dalton Papers, 1926-1978
    NOTE: in the 1940's he claimed to be US Marshall Frank Dalton, brother of the Dalton gang, but after moving to Lawton, Oklahoma he claimed he was Jesse W James.
    Ditlihi and Kace like this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    Whites DFX, Whites Bullseye 2 Pointer, Audio 200 D Headphones, Garrett AT MAX, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT, MS-3 Headphones, Lesche Digger, Lesche Shovel, 4' T Handle Probe. GoPro, RC Truck, Drone.
    4616 times
    Metal Detecting, Relic and Artifact Hunting, Prohibition Era and Civil War Era Cache Hunting.
    [QUOTE=Rebel - KGC;5551872]Just BRIEFLY on JLC; COULD he had been a Yank "spy" (with a Union Record), pretending to be JJ...? Having "family members" writing to him "at that time", so they ALL could discredit JJ/CSA/KGC...? AND! TODAY, we have "proof" that JLC was JJ! HA! BACK to DALTON! Gonna be INTERESTING![/QUOTE

I don't know Reb.

It looks to me like the Galvanized Yankees Dit referred to were mostly from the North and East. It didn't list any from MO, or TX... Not finding Anything Other Than Tracing Him From MO, and TX. National Archives, Rolls, Census etc.

Am I missing something on the G Y Dit?

I'm going to post some Docs on Courtney. Probably have to enlarge the one anyway. Enlisted 3-1862 in MO----9-1865 Discharge Date for Union as Bugler in Cavalry... Blevins, TX. No Injuries.

These could of been posted somewhere before, I don't know. I got them from the National Archives.

Census does trace and confirm him to date of death. I cannot find the darn link to JWJ!!! I'm going to keep looking into it.

Kace

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    4616 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0551.PNG 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	1498810

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0549.PNG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1,019.5 KB 
ID:	1498811

Number 4 is JLC
    Last edited by Kace; Sep 27, 2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Add Text
    Texas Jay likes this.

us
    Kace

Aug 2017
    4616 times
    Attachment 1498812

Attachment 1498813

First Pic of Zerelda James Samuels from JJ Jr's Book

Second Pic is the reversed EBay Photo Frank James Wedding Photo ECS posted. ZJS is 3rd from Left in Reversed Pic. You can see where her arm is missing.
    Last edited by Kace; Sep 27, 2017 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Add Text

Page 43 of 93 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links