Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nah, just that I committed the cardinal sin by serenading my wife and her - Carmelita Bay - at the same night. Bay apparently emigrated to Mexico when the gang broke up. He had his part of the loot, which was a considerable amount, and bought a ranch and a home in Alamos. Being a gringo land owner he easily moved into the upper society. Cafe listo ??

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Yes, there are spirits, that sure like to talk.
They talk through different people, some good,
and some not so good. They like to talk through
some supposed teachers, sometimes real friends.
The voices of spirits thru time are recorded, they
still speak, when read, though locked in their times.

There are many spirits, with their voices, timeless.
More to come, there is often their various influences,
so many at times, that one can almost see their motives.

Real treasures, do have spirits, that sometimes will speak.
Some cannot speak, because other spirits, don't allow them.
I think on the names, of particular spirits, that I know I can trust.
Then calling them by name, compliment, ask for help with my work...

I look for the time, then play my cards one by one,
Always often speaking to the good spirits as if my life,
depends on it now, before it really does...

This guy looks strange to me, like the voice of
a bad spirit, though he doesn't even whisper... :cross:

View attachment 1041197

The HORSE...? That's Mr. Ed !!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel,

Well, The left side of the flat rock itself. does look kinda' like a horse
head, too. Though the shadow that's casted there, looks like a man,
with triangular shaped eye, pointing toward the turtle shell, or alter.

That makes me think, that this was done long before, the Spanish/Jesuits,
or KGC/Outlaw cultures, had ever even existed. Keep in mind, this is part
of an elaborate Death Trap Warning, the size of which is not recognizable.
Mother Nature, having as always, cleaned up nicely, after man's deeds, :cross:
partially covering everything, as planned I guess.

When studying the entire picture, it's understood,
that there have been numerous rocks carefully placed.
Maybe Carved. Also, the shadows of Winter, though vastly
different in shape, size, and design, are delightfully seeming as
thoughtfully considered, as the Summer shadows appear... :cross:
Interesting, and sort of as artistic... :cross:

View attachment 1041806

View attachment 1041807

View attachment 1041808

Yeah, very SHARP-looking "slate" will cut ya up, if caught in a SLATE ROCK FALL; could "bleed out"...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I enjoy throwing cold water on myths if they involve cache hunting BUT I just remembered a big
ticket cache that was found years ago, late 60s early 70s in in the nations. It was chronicled in a
major treasure rag and the finder was a brother of someone I had known for years.

Around 30K in gold/silver coins buried very shallow by a fireplace which was about all that was
left at a house site near Hugo, OK. This guy borrowed a metal detector to use at the ruins and
hit it big. How it got published I have no idea but it hit me like a quake. There actually are caches
after all. Most likely bandit loot but that breed was a dime a dozen in Indian Territory in those
days.

Yes, I contacted him. He wanted me to locate a ghost town somewhere in the vicinity but I never
did. That one verified find set me on the owlhoot trail for many a year. A novice might crow
"Gotta be Jesse", yeah OK, if it makes you feel good.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was and is not just outlaw treasure……..through most of history, people did not trust banks……if people were smart today, they would not trust banks………
This does not leave many options.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Crosse, you seem to be harboring a grudge of some type. What I wrote was true. Have you ever
read the books the Ft Smith marshalls transcribed? Ever heard of Heck Thomas? IT was a haven
for outlaws according to the many sources I've read. Now you are saying it was a haven for law-
abiding honest patriots?

Why if you ever drive east on I-40 a Texan is lucky to survive trekking through the Nations. The
closer to OKC the worse it gets. Pity the poor pilgrim overnighting along this treacherous highway.
If you check in a motel they give you a key and a list of pimps who furnish soiled doves even if
you're old as Methusela and have no arms or legs.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Well the treasure dig I described tells me it warn't no citizen bank and the reason it was still
in-situ is because whoever no account outlaw/s buried it didn't come back. This also says to
me they were killed by over zealous Ft Smith marshals or local law enforcement. If they had
gotten a sentence however long it may have been they would not forget exactly where it was
hidden and would have gone back for it.

How to describe OK, well it's got some nice places to visit but you sure wouldn't wanna live
there. Besides all the hookers they have a state income tax. Frankly I feel there is a criminal
element hooked into the state house. Otherwise Garth Brooks wouldn't stay there. :laughing7:

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
according to the KGC treasure histories i think that most jj treasures have not been found because they are way depth, meaning over 10 feet and not many metal detectors goes that deep a good two box machine might do the job, with a low mineral soil, but it has to be well tuned from factory and also well balanced by the user, since someone with not experience will not do the job right, any way that's what i think. i'm just basing my answer to the original post.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
One small bit of friendly advice Crosse . . . your grammar is more or less atrocious . . .
Y'all gonna have to wade the Red to find any decent schooling. :laughing7:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Nope, I was referring to the mighty Red River which rises in Texas not far from where I rise. Nothin
rises in IT except taxes.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse, I agree with you…….you don't place the signs to be too obvious………and yet it is possible to figure it out…..some marks are clearly man made………and to what purpose if not clues……..
Vaya con Dios mi amigo

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Hi Crosse. Have just read this entire thread and would like to make some comments. I'll start with the story my Grandad told to me, given to him by his Grandad.
"It was Threshing Time but wet so the old men were at the Shawnee Mound,MO. store sitting around the stove and tellin lies. They knew something was wrong when 2 men rode up, one on a black and one on a Grey. When they dismounted they just threw the reins over the hitching post, they didn't tie off. The second man through the door pulled 2 pistols and told everyone to just stay seated. The first man went behind the counter to the cash box (a cigar box) and after looking inside said "Hell, nothin here but chicken feed" and put it back under the counter. He then went to the twist tobacco that came in 3 foot lengths and cut a couple of chunks off. He then went to the door and said "All we wanted was some tobacco. You count to 100 before you get up". They then rode north. They sat there a long time before anyone even said anything and that was "I'll bet that was the James Boys.""
My point is if you got robbed in those days it made the story better if it was "The James Boys". I'm not sure that I'd rather have what was stolen in their names than what they ever took themselves.
My next door neighbor rode the train between Kearney and Carney, MO. when she was a little girl and Jesse's Mother was on it. When the Conductor came through collecting tickets she said "I don't have a ticket. Don't you know who I am? I'm Jesse James Mother, I don't buy tickets". My neighbor didn't know if she rode for free or if the Conductor paid the fare. Zelda sold rocks off Jesse's grave, then went to the creek to get more and put on the grave for later sale. Frank and Cole Younger traveled in a Wild West Show near the end of their lives. If they had great wealth buried why did they work or Zelda sell rocks?
I did Land Survey work on a Corp. of Engineer Lake in mid 70's. We had to relocate the Section Corners on 156 Sections. (Land here is layed out in "sections" each 1 mile by 1 mile). The original Survey was done 1835-1845. Most corners were marked with a stone. A "Blaze" or "Branded" (Witness Tree) tree was also at these corners. A tree near the section corner had the bark carefully removed in a large (perhaps a foot by foot ) area facing the corner and a measurement taken to the tree. The "blazed" area was also "branded" (like livestock). This was done to help locate the corner at a later date. Of nearly 1000 corners either recovered (we found about 2% of the org. stones) or replaced, we only found one Witness Tree and 2 depressions in the ground at the proper distance where a tree might have grown/died/rotted. Most of the Witness Trees were Oak. The one we found was Oak. The blaze had grown over and left a knot or scar and when the tree was cut down to examine the blaze area (the tree would have been covered by the lake) the new bark was removed to show the blaze underneath. I don't know growth rate of tree's but take a grain of salt with any "signs" on trees being 130 yr's old.

The stone markings with the J J or the back to back facing away markings might date to that era. They might also be John Johnson. Or kids playing Jesse James and doing the marks like "Kilroy was here" or "Who is John Gault" of different era's.

I think the "Traveling Banks" are probably real and may be more of them.

Cole Younger didn't ride in the Partisan Rangers with Jesse. He did with Frank but was gone doing other things by the time Jesse showed up.

It cost a lot to be in their business. They ALWAYS had the BEST horses. They had lots of help, lots of family,lots of friends. Some kin were fair to do.

Have enjoyed this thread and wish luck to any who are looking. Hope ya find a big one, one coin at a time.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I LOVE reading about Jesse James & gangs; NOT from the mid-west, as I am in Virginia... YET! JJ's older brother & family (Frank James) WERE living in my home town here (Lynchburg, Va.), when JJ was "killed" in 1882 (FACTS on FJ). JJ was a PRACTICAL man, knowing that he & the gangs would need $$$$$$$$$$ from robbing banks, trains. etc. Road-side TRAVELING BANKS were VERY important to the gangs & "common" ppl, that they "helped". TRUE Robbing Hoods (Robin Hood) they were! MANY R-S TB are STILL out there by OLD roads, etc. Mason Jars filled with DOLLAR COINS; HH! Good Luck! :coffee2: Coffee...? :hello2:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Howdy Rebel,

Just wondering, with all of your research and observation,
what do you think about he supposed assassination of JJ ?

I realize it Is hard to make a decisive determination, because
it seems, the testing and evidence, may not have all had full
disclosure.

The fact that R-S TB have been reported to have been found,
makes me ask, If JJ and associates were barely getting by on
the money they got in robberies. Wouldn't they have most likely
come back to all of their little banks first, to get their monies,
that would have even been a fair little grub stake back then?

The suspicions, that the evidence and testing, had been
controlled, or held back some, is what in part, lends to
the myth of the Legend, the possibility of something
still being left out there in the ground somewhere.

Why, or why not, the possibilities are many, and
with the very different potential outcomes. If JJ
were killed in 1882, the potential of a cache still
existing, would obviously be greater. Especially,
if Jesse himself had indeed largely controlled
the hiding, and knowledge of such of the
exact locations of anything deposited,
with the short, or long term intentions,
being known most specifically, to him.

Then, as the Sentinels were supposedly passed
on the responsibility of guarding such secret buried
treasures, to the next generation(s) they may have
needed to utilize the little jar banks. But does that
mean if they used it, they necessarily knew how
to obtain any cache they may have had been
watching over. After all, who would they
even ask?

I think, the fact that people have been
known to leave things behind when they
pass on, without ever telling someone about
it, is the greatest possibility, something may
still be out there somewhere. Unknown, and
yet to be undiscovered, though I don't know
that anyone would have necessarily marked
the locations signs, to indicate such a secret
withdrawal. Unless they were instructed to
do so, but by who? If it was a secret then,
who would know to be looking for it later?

It seems to all be part of the side effects,
of the nature, in the business of Secrecy... :cross:

WHOO! LOTS of questions... I DO NOT believe JJ was REALLY killed in 1882; his OLDER brother, Frank (& family) was/were living here in my "hometown" (now) in 1882; Frank was going by the name James Warren, living near the Arlington Hotel (FAVE "meeting place" of REBS (& ex-REBS), like Gen. Jubal Early, Gen. TT Munford, Maj. FC Hutter, Maj. ES Hutter, 1st Lieut. Newton Hazlewood and others. Frank/James DID NOT leave L'burg to go for JJ's "death"/funeral... HE traveled to diverse places ALL of which is in his (Frank) Trial Transcript (page 7, I think). As to the SENTINELS... we had TWO "Mountain Men"; "Buck" WT Wright & "Bear" Toley, who PROBABLY did live on R-S TB, in the mountains; we have the OLD Roads... BUT! They are NOW FED "Fire Roads"... HA! In Thom. Jefferson NATIONAL Forest & Geo. Washington NATIONAL Forest, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc; you just have to KNOW where to go & find 'em...

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I wanna' come an camp out in the G.W. Nat'l Forest,
go to Civil War reenactment... Sometime, before my days are
all spent, I am a True Patriot, southern born and southern bread...

My main European father migrated in early 1700's,
had 50 acres in King George's land program, in Virginia,
bought 100 more acres, but his ancestors seemed to go South...

All the way past the Carolinas, to Florida, Georgia, Alabama,
Mississippi, Arkansas, Oklahoma, California, New Mexico,
Arizona, Oregon, etc. :cross:

GOOD to hear; I did re-enactments as part of Co. I, 10th Va. (CSA: Stonewall's "Foot" Cavalry), out of Elkton, Va. (WAS Conrad's Store...), in the Shenandoah Valley. I was a REBEL Scout, wearing a RED flannel shirt, with my musket, pistol, and knife... HA! Looked like a FRONTIER Man/Mountain Man with my long hair; ex-wife & I went to New Market, Va.; SEVERAL battles in Maryland, Gettysburg, Pa (VERY haunted place... battlefield(s) & town). BEST "battle" in Virginia is NEW MARKET, Va. on the ORIGINAL battlefield; NOT many FED campgrounds are open... I would camp in the Shenandoah
NATIONAL Park "area" above Elkton, Va. as it is not far from New Market. Va. battlefield. Co. I, 10th Virginia - CSA had MANY "war games" in those mountains... locals PROBABLY thought Mountain ppl were shooting at each others... OR! OLD REBEL ghosts "in the hills" were fighting Yanks in the mountains... LOL! It was FUN!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
New Market, Va. is on Rt. I-81, in Shenandoah County (SOUTH). Intersects with Rt. 211 towards Luray, Va. in Page County; SNP is nearby. Luray has KOA, Yogi Bear Land (Jelly Stone Park?), and SNP (aka Skyline Drive)... NO trucks allowed. FALL is BEST time to go camping; NOT sure when battle of New Market is... SPRING, I think.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread