Jesse James Treasures: Do They Likely Still Exist?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
So? What does it matter, if he is Jesse's brother?
Ha! I think you may have been displaying your
petty discontent for sometime, even jealousy.

The fact is: Quite on topic, and if you knew
the answer, is relevant, and totally lines up
with the specific thread title. But you don't.

So... Start your own thread about Jesse,
or Frank, or whatever, and you don't have
to worry at all, about if I may mention some
thing, or a thought about Frank James on mine.

Being unfriendly, jumping in acting
like the starter, trying to bait, reporting,
and also attempting to provoke, is just
obvious. No secret you may dislike me.

So just leave me, or the thread alone then,
instead of being out to get me, for what good?

Maybe you can use your knowledge to satisfy
yourself, or to help someone else tune in to?
Wouldn't that time be much better spent,
than in vain trying on purposely being
annoying, "Brother"?
... :sunny: :fish:

:cross:
~:Crosse:~
"Annoying"...? Awwww; NOT "out to get you"... read the Frank James Trial Transcript for yourself... page 7, I think. He DID come to VIRGINIA, he stated so, himself... (one source). :laughing7:

Last edited:

Lkadams

Jan 3, 2017
Pleasant hill missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
After visiting Jesse home in Saint joe. I do not believe that Jesse was killed there. Have you read " The real Jesse James by author Vince's Simmons ? You can get it on amazon. Very interesting book.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Lkadams:

Jesse James was one of the most notorious outlaws of his day. A conspiracy vast enough to cover up his fake death would have unraveled a long time ago.

There were a number of similar stories in the 19th Century. That's one reason you'll find many photos of dead outlaws. Some of the interest was ghoulish, of course - like postcards of Black lynching victims and the sale of their body parts. But in most cases it was to document their demise and nothing more.

Of course there were some pathetic old timers claiming to be Jesse James or Billy the Kid or somebody else. The conspiracy bluffs continue to dismiss the documented fact and cling to their crackpot theories.

I don't mean to go off on you. You are a new member of TN and welcome to the club! I just don't buy the idea that Jesse James wasn't killed back in 1882.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I don't think that JJ was murdered in 1882; I DO think that his "body doubles" faked being him (J. "Jesse" Frank Dalton was one) & HAD much INFO TO "SHARE" about KGC with some REAL "WHOPPERS". Read J. Frank Dalton's "book", & it DID "spur" my interest in JJ & KGC... It WAS "on-line" FREE, years ago. :icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! Yes, I believe that there were "Money Banks" on the sides of the "Outlaw Trails" as indicated in some of the stories of JJ & Gangs. Road-widening projects along these "OT" may have exposed some "MB" artifacts... dunno. Did they use caves...? Again... dunno.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think that JJ was murdered in 1882; I DO think that his "body doubles" faked being him (J. "Jesse" Frank Dalton was one) & HAD much INFO TO "SHARE" about KGC with some REAL "WHOPPERS". Read J. Frank Dalton's "book", & it DID "spur" my interest in JJ & KGC... It WAS "on-line" FREE, years ago. :icon_thumleft:
What about "that dirty little coward, who shot Mr Howard, and laid poor Jesse in his grave"?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Rebel-KGC:

When Homer Croy asked J. Frank Dalton some fairly simple questions about the life of Jesse James, Mr. Dalton didn't have adequate answers.

Whether or not it was "murder" is an interesting question. What is it that Jack McCall is supposed to have said when he was asked why he shot Wild Bill Hickok in the back? "I didn't want to commit suicide."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel-KGC:

When Homer Croy asked J. Frank Dalton some fairly simple questions about the life of Jesse James, Mr. Dalton didn't have adequate answers.

Whether or not it was "murder" is an interesting question. What is that Jack McCall is supposed to have said when he was asked why he shot Wild Bill Hickok in the back? "I didn't want to commit suicide."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM
LOL! "Wild Bill" had NOTHING to do with it... And J. Frank Dalton didn't know Frank James' middle name; do YOU...?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After visiting Jesse home in Saint joe. I do not believe that Jesse was killed there. Have you read " The real Jesse James by author Vince's Simmons ? You can get it on amazon. Very interesting book.

J. Frank Dalton was Jesse Woodson James. Others can deny all they please. Friends of JJ would not have come out and sworn affidavits for a stranger. They knew he was and he was Jesse James.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
JFD was a cousin of JJ... JFD was formerly known as JEREMIAH "JESSE" ROBERT JAMES. :laughing7:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AND! Yes, I believe that there were "Money Banks" on the sides of the "Outlaw Trails" as indicated in some of the stories of JJ & Gangs. Road-widening projects along these "OT" may have exposed some "MB" artifacts... dunno. Did they use caves...? Again... dunno.
"Money Banks" were mostly Glass MASON Jars filled with GOLD COINS...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
"J. Frank Dalton" was a sad, pathetic old timer trying to glean a modicum of fame with a false claim. For a variety of reasons this happened a number of times in the 19th and very early 20th centuries. There's no reason to take those claims seriously today.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Was JJ a "Robin Hood" (ROBBING HOOD) & Gangs helping "poor", white citizens in various ways (MOSTLY $$$$$$) in return for "kindness given to the outlaws...? Stories abound!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
This seems to be a good subject: To exchange ideas and theories, as to whether there may still be any Jesse James treasure(s) out there undiscovered somewhere? If So, Do the known maps have yet to lead someone to their discovery, are they even real, and what is the likelihood either way? What is really known, or supposed about their traveling and activities between hold-ups, supposedly attributed to them? It should be interesting to look at perspectives of these legendary James Gang treasure tales...
From "OP"... good to continue on, as inquiring minds wanna know...

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Rebel-KGC:

You are welcome to try that on people. You'll get back some great looks!

I'm so tired of hearing "It is what it is; it is what it is" that this is my answer.

Of course, it also has the happy advantage of being true.

Give it a shot!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo, CM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions