Ben Sublett and Guadalupe Peak thread

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read the link posted, which says the wagon train was headed west from fort worth to el paso, when i find it i will post a newspaper article i have from monahans in which a judge found the wagon train and a bunch of houshold goods,mineing tools made in san francisco ca, and the bolt of blue clothe and also some wooley mamoth bones which he plastered back together, he displayed this stuff along with territorial photographs, newspaper articles, and indian artifacts in a museum of sorts in the town of monahans run by him and his wife, after he died nobody took care of the museum and the stuff was distributed to austin, and a museum in alpine texas, and some going to the headquarters at the sand hills state park where they are on display, the park rangers are weary of people talking about the lost wagon train, if you go by the judges landmarks it should lie just north of monahans about 4 miles and right on or just outside the park boundries, if the other article which is posted here is correct it should be on the east side of the sand hills, i dont beleive an ordinary wagon train could make it throgh those hills, do a little hikeing there and you will know what i am talking about. elmer kelton the great western novelist was raised on the east side of the sandhils and his father stumbled across the old wagon train, as did many people over the years, he said as did others that the wagons although scorched were still intact he also found bones of what he said was a large prehistoric bird. any way best i remember researchers think they figured out which wagon train this was and it left yuma sometime in the 1860's carrying people back east who had struck it rich in the california goldfields, some say 9,000 pounds of the yellow stuff, the judge found the train in the early 1900's more to come

Hello All,

The area where the wagon train is as dry as my arm pit and probably smells just as bad. In all seriousness if there is anything there. I figure it would have been found by now given the approximate location and the number of trees around what appears to be the existing spring. The best time to look would be late winter early spring.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread