Looking for active searchers for ANY historic mine..

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do not have to say which mine or the details if you do not want too, but i am looking to see who is actively going out, grinding the leather down, and seriously researching any mine of past times. Or those who have retired but spent a great amount of time on the hunt.

I am new to this and trying to get a feel of who is still out and active, who has been, and who plans to be potentially in the future.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in the high country in SW Colorado searching for lost and/or historic mines on a regular basis. Every vacation is spent up there as well.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Well - my wife and I try to spend as much time as we can searching for lost mines, not just one however, in several states (AZ, NM, SD, WY, CO, MT etc). Some are famous lost mines, some not well known at all like Standoff Bar here in SD. I know of a number of other treasure hunters whom are members here that are also hunting for lost mines, lost treasures etc as much as they can.
Roy

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do not have to say which mine or the details if you do not want too, but i am looking to see who is actively going out, grinding the leather down, and seriously researching any mine of past times. Or those who have retired but spent a great amount of time on the hunt. I am new to this and trying to get a feel of who is still out and active, who has been, and who plans to be potentially in the future.

iam looking too,like to think iam getting close,l have to find the ones i can breach myself,like the back door or vent,being i go at it lonewolf.

OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see people post, and have read all the historical posts on here back to 2006, lots of chatter, but not a lot of people posting evidence of adventures such as Gollum used too. Glad to know there is still a strong go get'm attitude around here. :icon_thumleft:

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last that was seen of gully was his nice hiking boots sticking out of a partialy collapsed old mine tunnel. I must go there soon before those nice boots weather too much, they will naturally have to be fumigated, and I must pick up the keys to my lovely white Land rover that I lent / loaned to him. Actually, no, he is my friend and I will just stuff the boots further into the tunnel and collapse it further. ----AFTER I recover the keys. Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with the Oro'S de La Tayopa, he and Beth have the Legacy of finishing up the story of Tayopa.

Don Jose de La Mancha.

p.s. a diligent search will turn up thousands that are actively searching for a lost mine.

OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p.s. a diligent search will turn up thousands that are actively searching for a lost mine.

Oh my friend, i am afraid it is hard to walk sometimes in these types of "forums" for the BS is so high it runs into my boots! Seems like dozens of folks have each found the same lost mines! ....and i truly wonder, how many have ever left the couch!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, do your thing by researching the sources etc., etc. in so far as it is possible or reasonable. here are various parties organizing for searches later this year, including La Tayopa, ignoring the fact that I had found it 10 years ago and have it titled. Remember an old long closed up Jesuit (Spanish) mine may look more like a crack in the ground that a nice large well defined Portal For many reasons, they only removed enough materiel for the pore Indians to work, with no thought for comfort or safety. Some times a small bush can easily conceal it, other times it was deliberately concealed, in which case, in general, it can be impossible without extremely expensive tools. Mostly, there is a valid reason for being still lost. As for Tayopa, it is within 800 meters of a small village, and a Saw mill overlooks it,yet they have no idea where it may be.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s when it comes time to dig it out and neutralize any man traps -- this is one of the reasons for Oro de La Tayopa, sides he is a pretty good writer.. My mom didn't raise no Idyjjit .:laughing7::laughing7::coffee2: I have too much coffee to drink, so I can't leave before my 150 th birthday.

P.P.S. I have listed and given data to some old, lost, rich mines in here, do your thing, but remember, they will only get you to within visual range, perhaps 3-400 meters. the exception is the Gloria Pan mine, I know and can tell you exactly where it is - it is still closed with adobe, etc., mud, and camouflaged with Ocote pine smoke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love hearing how hard work dedication and an ambition for learning about specific topics can actually pay off in the end!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost mines are particularly difficult since all available clues have been followed many times - the key is to find where they failed.

In the case of Tayopa, They placed their basic search areas some 60 miles too far north, plus there were two other prior Tayopas in that region.

Tis fun, hard work, and makes the Aspirin companies richer, but besides a mine, you build up a memory bank of unique adventures, which the average person can only dream about since, besides other factors, they have family responsibilities to honor, which they do.. At times this is harder to do than searching.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a mine in AZ on an old topo map. I don't find anything in the mine databases. I'd like to check it out. I'm not going to tell my AZ friend about it until I'm there with him. I need to be there to grab the back of his shirt and stop him from climbing in. LOL. He's a great guy, but he's liable to charge off half cocked

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question gentle men - besides asking if you want any coffee - so you have found a long lost, looked for mine, now whatcha gonna do with it ?? Assumiing the area is free to file on.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if i uncover one thats been sealed up,i hope they used it as a storage,and its full of goodies.and if it isnt, i hope it educates me better on spotting them.i have no interest at this time in taking the ore,but that could change real quick if its super rich.

393stroker

Jun 27, 2012
HOUSTON
Detector(s) used
Garrett pro-something
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like going out to the Superstition Mts. when I can break free from work in Houston. I`ve learned a lot since almost 2 years ago when I started looking for the Lost Dutchman. I made some good friends and met the challenge of getting off my backside and experiencing what it`s like out in those hills. It`s almost like stepping back in time. The one thing that bothers me is the people that leave there footprint behind. I`ve seen enough trash to fill a roll off box.

OP
OP
C

czachary

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question gentle men - besides asking if you want any coffee - so you have found a long lost, looked for mine, now whatcha gonna do with it ?? Assumiing the area is free to file on.

Don Jose de La Mancha

For me I believe it is more about the hunt and the time spent outdoors. If i found something that could be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt was a specific written about lost mine. It would be more about the thrill, the accomplishment itself, and the adventure for me. Most people do not even realize how large of a scale and expensive it would be to actually setup a mining operation in the middle of say a desert to try to recover said ore. Not only that but i am sure some lost mines have had their ore exaggerated over the years, it would take an incredible find to be worth actually mining it IMO. Considering the fact the mines are already known about then were lost or forgotten, well the easy pickins were taken long ago. Lots of hard work to move forward from there.

Notwithstanding, being rich from a hobby would be great also. Who here actually thinks they are going to make millions from treasure hunting realistically though?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions