Status
Not open for further replies.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Music makes my world go round. I really don't know what I would have done if not for the music in my life. No, I don't write songs, or sing very well. I love to strum the guitar occasionally and try to sing some of the songs I've heard during my lifetime. There's a song for almost every feeling I have, or have had in my life. Especially when I lost my oldest daughter, and then my wife. The daughter finally lost her battle with cancer in 1997. Then my wife was admitted to the ICU for breathing problems in 2006. She was put on a ventilator. Everything in her body just shut down except her heart. After 7 days, we let her go. We had been married over 43 years. Losing both of these closest to my heart, just about broke me. I turned to the music after my daughter passed away. I had a lot of songs by different artists on the computer. I would search out several that seemed to relate to my feelings for that day. I would copy those to a CD. While I was driving during work, I would listen to those songs. Sometime, a CD would suffice for several days, sometime, only for one day. I have probably 40 or 50, possibly more CDs that I burned with music to listen to when I was driving during my work. Some of those CDs have some of the same songs on them, just in different positions on the disc, along with other songs. When I was at home, I would sit at the computer, listen to music, and play games or something to keep my hands occupied while my mind was occupied with the music. After my wife died, it became even more important in my life. I don't know if I lived for the music, or made the music my life. I would sit at the computer sometime until the wee hours in the morning listening to the songs that were possibly keeping me sane.

I lost my oldest cousin last week, a lady who would have been 87 in about 5 days. I was born in the house where she lived. She and her parents had bought the house just a few weeks before I was born.
Also, I had a very close couple who also lived back in Texas, that I had known for over 15 years. I worked with the man and really loved him. His dear wife passed away a week ago Friday. She had been sick for a long time. I guess her body just couldn't take it anymore. I had talked to her on the phone on Wednesday and she was feeling better. Her husband said that night she was diagnosed with pneumonia and died the next night. She was only 52 years old. Although I had been very close to my cousin, I was hurt more by the passing of my friend. She was as dear to me as her husband. I stayed with them during the time I was in Texas in 2010; almost 2 months. Very gracious, Christian people. She and my cousin are both in better places now and aren't suffering the pain they had suffered for a long time.

To all who have lost loved ones, friends, and also pets, my heart goes out to each of you. We have all lost close friends and kin, and can never tell them how much we loved them. We can only hold them in our memories.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Harmonies always got my attention,
and some good songs have the best
harmonies. A treasured and
inspirational sound.

The Eagles had mastered their harmonies
live by '74, and were at peak performance
when they released Hotel California in '76,
the first show for the new tour, on March 12
in L.A., if my recollection is right. It was packed
full (21K), and sold out for 3 nights at the Forum...

They had a full 21 pc. orchestra, and sounded great!

By then, Timothy B. Schmidt replaced Randy Meisner
on bass and vocals, and Joe Walsh played his lead styles,
instead of Bernie Leadon's innovative early Eagles licks,
along side of Don Felder, who stayed and wrote leads
and interesting parts, in the several hits to come...

Both of them, and all original members,
are in this video... :sunny:

Live performances are much more difficult
to produce, and tend to be noisy, but some
not too bad, and here's an old one that's ok... :sunny::fish:
:cross:

It does paint a picture, is easy listening,
and has harmony. A spirited early version,
probly polished, a bit more later on... 8-)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Yep, I was out there somewhere, in that crazy bunch
of cultural city people, craving live performances...

They expected about 100,000+ people, but with so
much talent, soon to become headliners, they got
closer to 250,000. That spirited part was crazy!

We went early, and spent the night in front of
the stage, but got too packed after daylight...

It was tough, if you were needing to go, but the music,
was quite an interesting show. Jackson was up there,
with The young Eagles, playing the guitar and piano... 8-) :sunny: :fish:

See the pan of the San Gabriel Mountain peaks in the intro,
some of me 'ole stompin grounds. There's gold in them hills,
an' it was way too crowded for me, even back then... :toothy4: :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
There were people doin crazy things, and it was 85+.
So they had pity, and passed out thousands of
plastic gallon jugs of water (we didn't buy it
yet back then, or drink coffee either)... :toothy2:

After dark, when we were waiting for the next
band, Don Kirshner, the concert promoter, was
on the stage, talking on the mike, encouraging
us to be civil, and some folks tossed their gallon
water jugs up in the air. Well, when he said "don't
do that, we're not animals", there were a lot more of
them, all flying through the dark sky. Was just glad, not
to get smacked with one of them half or 3/4 full, that might
smart... :laughing7: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
The full moon is right overhead, shining bright,
down on the fresh powder snow. Hmmn...

That calls for one more, then get a few winks.
Go with cous' later today, she'll finish the arrangements... :fish:

A good man, that I was proud to know... :thumbsup: 8-)

One more, make it two. :sunny: :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Sleeps Dark And Silent Gate - The Pretender

Not very clear live video, though it does have fairly clear audio.
I played this song the first time, with an acoustic guitar, at my dear
Father's service in OK. '77, then at a friend's graveside in CA. '80.
My only full blood brother's memorial, in Ontario, CA. in '92...

Thought I'd play it here, good writing I think... :sunny:

Hope y'all have a good day, and enjoy your good
treasured people, while their spirits are here, to visit with... :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Chronicles of Oklahoma

mdog shared this with me, and I thought to pass it on:

Interesting stories apparently told by the Chickasaws, brother tribe to the Choctaws.
I have seen some of this, in traveling through the old Indian Territory, spending
time with family, meeting and talking with people from various tribes... :fish:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm so the injuns cumunicated by ---- First, they were handed down in their written archives, which were belts of wampum. The belts were made of soft, pliable deer skin, beaded with carefully polished and strung-on-sinew shell beads after being painted in the various colors necessary to tell the story. The significance of the record lay, not in the alphabet employed, but in the colors used and their juxtaposition, the arrangement of the bead strings and the length and breadth of the belts. Second, they were handed down by word of mouth. Among the Chickasaws and Choctaws another way of keeping intact the chronicles of the past was to have the wisest of the older men choose about twenty exceptionally bright youths of each generation to learn to repeat with accuracy all tribal traditions and legends, and also to learn to read wampum. The other important things they were taught by rote were the tried and true methods of safe-guarding the health and well-being of their nation, various forms of diplomacy to avoid war as well as successful and unsuccessful strategies employed in former wars, and all the ancient tribal customs including the proper ways of worshipping the Great Spirit.

extremely close to the Peruvian Qui Pu bead / strings. There must have been a contact in the distant past.
e
On the qui Pu I have figured how they could portray intelligence but not in the Peruvian language, for that I would need a form of a Roseta stone.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Don Jose,

At first glance, some white men would say "injuns",
rather than respectfully saying Native Americans,
or the other false title, having deemed "Indians"...

The rest of what you mentioned had some interest... 8-) :fish:

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crosse since I have an ity bit of Mohican in me, I can say Injun without any insult. Incidentally who were the original Native Americans ? I believe that it under dispute lately

It was a looong cooold winter and she was darn cute - so the family has handed down the story.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Crosse since I have an ity bit of Mohican in me, I can say Injun without any insult. Incidentally who were the original Native Americans ? I believe that it under dispute lately

It was a looong cooold winter and she was darn cute - so the family has handed down the story.

Sure, you can call yourself an injun, but might not be too polite,
when I've shared all I have about my family, and specifically detailed
stories indicating the racial prejudice, against my Indian heritage, that
was apparently suffered. That being much more than an ity bit.
You see, there's Indian blood on my mothers side also.
I have bloodline to 4 Native American tribes.

Who was here first, has nothing to do with being proper, good or ill manners.
There's a flaming warning arrow on it's way now... :sadsmiley: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is another part of his research that mdog shared.
I thought it was pretty interesting, hope you enjoy... :fish:

Subject: hi

I hope I can get this to post because it's kinda interesting. I've posted the Chickasaw-Choctaw legend about the white dog and the sacred pole before on the Victorio Peak forum.

https://www.chickasaw.net/Our-Nation/Culture/Beliefs/Legends.aspx

Here is some additional information about the same legend from the Chronicles of Oklahoma.

Chronicles of Oklahoma

There are two parts of this story that interest me, the part about the tall and light skinned tribesmen and the number of years it took to make the journey, 43 years.

On page 23 of the next link is the name of the historian who wrote about the journey of 43 years. His name is Gideon Lincecum.

https://archive.org/stream/chickasawnations00malo/chickasawnations00malo_djvu.txt

Gideon Lincecum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You will notice that his bio mentions that he moved to a Confederate colony in Mexico and that a historian named Patricia Galloway said that his narrative is not reliable. She also made the comment, elsewhere, that he was a con man. He must have written something that she thought was not honest.

In my post, I also mentioned that I like to look at latitudes when looking for old trails and trading locations. The mound mentioned in the white dog legend is called Nanih Waiyah and is at latitude 32deg 55' 17". Victorio Peak is at 32deg 55' 24". The port of Acre in Israel, which is an ancient town and a stronghold of the Templars during the Crusades, is at 32deg 55' 19". All three have latitudes that are very close.

If you go to Google Earth and run a distance line from Victorio Peak to the mound of Nanih Waiyah you get 1,027 miles. The number 24 can be used to determine either time or distance, if you divide 1,027miles by 24, you get 42.79 or rounded up to 43 which is the number of years the migration lasted. The question to me is, was 43 years a part of the Chickasaw legend or was it something Lincecum added himself to fit in with the legend and give direction and distance to Victorio Peak and whatever might be there?

Springfield wrote about stories like this in his book New Mexico Confidential and how they could be used to pass on a coded message.

So how would the Noss story fit in. In the research I have done in my own area, far from New Mexico, I found a story, from two different old guys, that gave a location of a gold cache and the fact that it had been moved. The location was a coded landmark name and was probably not the real cache site. Maybe the Noss story from the 1930s was notification that anything of value had been moved to a different location. Who knows?

Could all be coincidence... take it or leave it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread