Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
There were also, some interesting pics that didn't
copy, in this email mdog sent to some Choctaw,
or Chickasaw tribal historians, I believe...

Thanks for all that you have shared,
of your interesting research Rick... :thumbsup: :fish:
:cross:

Subject: Latitudes

Hello Ladies,

I live in Iowa, right by the Mississippi River and four years ago I found an old cache site about a mile away from the river. I believe it was a Spanish site from the 1700s. Spain claimed this area during the last half of the 1700s. I wanted to learn as much as I could about the old trails that passed through the county and the people who used them. The county was in a perfect area for north-south, east-west trade. There is an east-west trail that starts close to the Detroit, Michigan area and goes as far west as the Rocky Mountains. There is a break away trail that goes to the Kansas City area where it joins the network of trails that became the Santa-Fe Trail. There is a north-south trail that moves north from Missouri and follows the west bank of the Mississippi River up to the ancient lead mines by Dubuque. There is also the Mississippi River as well as the Rock River which flows from central Wisconsin into the Mississippi about ten miles upstream, and across the river in Illinois, there were thousands of mounds from the Havana Hopewell Period so this could have been an important area for them.

After three years of studying the Spanish and trying to figure out why they would have a cache site here, I was looking for something else to study for a change. During my research I came across a theory that there might have been some trade between the old Copper Culture and ancient civilizations from the Mediterranean region. I never believed this theory because I couldn't find any archeological evidence that would support it. But I was looking for something new to research so I thought I would look into it.

The trade was supposed to have taken place during the middle and late Bronze Age and at that time the Phoenicians were the only civilization that might have had the naval capabilities to cross the Atlantic Ocean, so I started looking at them.

The Phoenicians were very secretive about their trade routes and navigation techniques but some historians believe that they knew how to determine latitude using the cross staff. The cross staff was shaped like a large extended cross and the cross bar would slide on the main staff and was used to find the distance from the North Star to the horizon. The distance showed your position in the Northern Hemisphere. I suppose the same thing could have been done with a long staff by marking spots on the staff that were important to you. Here's a picture of a Phoenician coin that shows one of their goddesses standing at the front of a ship holding a large extended cross.

Here's a picture showing an extended cross above the image of some type of character.

I do not know what this character represents but there is a Ho chunk story about a small creature called a Herok'a. I've sent this picture to several archeologists but with no opinion about what it is. I guess my next move would be to send it to the Historical Preservation Office of the Ho chunk Nation.

I began to look for more examples of the extended cross and found an example from the Etowah Mounds that shows the cross inside a mace.

There were also several examples from the Mayan city of Palenque. Here's a drawing of one of them.

Here is a drawing of some shell artifacts shaped like extended crosses that were found at a Great Oasis site at Des Moines, Iowa. They were dated to about 900 AD and were found at a place close to the east-west trail I mentioned above.
Here's the link.

Illustration » The Great Oasis » Shell Crosses « Iowa Pathways

After finding these examples of crosses similar to what a cross staff would look like, I began to look for evidence that would show that Native Americans knew how to determine latitude. With the absence of Phoenician construction I figured that I would have to look at sacred Moundbuilder earthworks.

When the Phoenicians traded in unfamiliar territory they would go to a certain spot just like traders have done for thousands of years. I thought that if they knew how to determine latitude they might use latitudes that were familiar to them like the latitudes of their cities in Canaan. I started plotting locations along the Mississippi River that had the same latitudes of the Phoenician cities of Byblos, Tyre, Sidon and the sacred site of Mt. Carmel. Because the Phoenician cities were so close, I used a margin of error of 5' latitude. I figured that was pretty tight considering a crude instrument of navigation was used.

Mt. Carmel covers a big area so I chose the area of the headland which was the sacred area and close to the sea. That latitude is 32 deg 44'. Right away I saw that Poverty Point was real close at 32 deg 38'. Outside my margin of error by 1' latitude.

Byblos is at 34 deg 07' and the Etowah Mounds are at 34 deg 07'. This is where the artifact with the extended cross inside the mace was found. Leake Mounds, which was much older than Etowah Mounds is a couple miles away at 34 deg 08'. From what I've read, the Leake Mounds have been destroyed.

I extended these latitudes further north by using the important Mississippian trade center of Cahokia as the spot for Mt. Carmel 2. The latitude at Cahokia is 38 deg 39'. The Portsmouth and Biggs Earthworks are at 38 deg 43' and 38 deg 44'.

Sidon 2 is at 39 deg 28' and Fort Ancient is at 39 deg 24'. Marietta Earthworks are at 39 deg 25'.

Byblos 2 is at 40 deg 02' and the Newark Earthworks are at 40 deg 02'.

I used the Effigy Mounds in Iowa as Mt. Carmel 3 at 43 deg 05'and Aztalan, Wisconsin is at 43 deg 03'.

After this I started looking at the stories of the different Native American tribes and that's how I found the migration story of the Choctaw and Chickasaw.

The Omaha Tribe has a sacred pole that was supposed to have been set in such a manner as to point at the Pole Star,(North Star). This is important because you will remember that the cross staff was pointed at the Pole Star to determine latitude.

This is what I've found so far. As far as I know, there is no archeological evidence that the Phoenicians traded with the ancient Moundbuilders. I would appreciate your thoughts and please ask questions if you have any.

I'll send more information as I find it, if I think it might interest you.

Thank you for your time, ladies

Rick

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
This one Rick titled "Dare Stones", some more of his research... :fish:

My interest is in the Phoenicians and Jews and their early contact in North America. I look for latitudes shared by the Phoenicians and Native American cultures. In a previous message I sent you, I mentioned that Etowah Mounds and the important Phoenician trade center of Byblos shared the same latitude. Etowah was a Mississippian Culture and developed long after the Phoenicians lost their final stronghold of Carthage. But there was an older settlement at the Leake Mounds that was two miles west of the Etowah Mounds and at the same latitude. The Leake Mounds were an important ceremonial center of the Swift Creek Culture and a part of the Hopewell Interaction Sphere. Some of the pottery decorations of the Swift Creek Culture are similar to ancient Minoan designs. That's what I'm looking for. Here are a couple of pictures showing a pot recovered at the Leake Site and a painting on a Minoan wall.

The heart shape with the open top is common on both examples. Here are two more that show designs from Brewton Hill pottery of the same period as Leake, and another Minoan wall painting.

As you can see, the S shaped designs on both examples are similar. The people who used the Brewton Hill style lived in Georgia by the South Carolina border next to the Atlantic Ocean.

There is an author named Sanford Holst who has written a book called Phoenician Secrets. Sanford has studied the Phoenicians for over 30 years and Phoenician Secrets is an excellent book. Sanford believes the Minoan Culture was developed by the Phoenicians when they were forced to leave Lebanon due to hostile attacks from their neighbors. He also explains why the Phoenicians looked for small islands opposite a mainland bay in whatever region they were trading. It protected them from attack by hostiles on the mainland.

There is something else I just discovered in my research. By the way, I'm at the mercy of the internet for most of my research. Anyway, some historians believe that when the Romans destroyed Carthage, many of the Phoenicians converted to Judaism. They lived in the same area and the Phoenicians could keep close to their Semitic heritage.

One of the first things I noticed from your show about the Dare Stones was the name Croatoan that was carved on the stockade. From what I understand, it referred to the island that some friendly Native Americans lived on. An island just off the mainland and across from a bay. The name Croatoan is very close to Cretan and who knows how the Indians pronounced it. I've read that nobody knows what the Minoans called themselves. Here's an excerpt that gives a possible origin of the name Crete.

"According to the Greek tradition Crete was a nymph, who gave her name to the island Crete. The name Crete could have probably some connection with the Greek words krato, -ein, "reign," and kratis, -o, "strong, powerful."" (Crete, Dr Alena Trckova-Flamee Ph.D.).

Looking for more similarities, during the 1960's a man at Fort Benning, Georgia found a stone with ancient Minoan characters inscribed on it. This was the Metcalf Stone. The Chattahoochee River runs right through Fort Benning and that is the river that some of the Dare Stones were close to.

The Nacoochee Valley is in northeast Georgia and also by the Chattahoochee River. I don't know if any of the Dare Stones were found by this valley, but 70 miles northwest of this valley is where the Bat Creek Stone was found with its Hebrew inscription. I have read several articles, some by Richard Thornton, about the theory that converso Jews from Spain came to this valley to mine gold in the mid-late 1500s. I don't know what evidence there is that they were converso Jews. If they were conversos from Spain, they would be in just as much danger from Spanish troops as any Englishman, and perhaps even sympathetic to an Englishman or any Jews who might be with them.

Elenor Dare had a husband named Ananias Dare and here's an excerpt I found about him.

"The name Ananias itself is of Jewish or Hebrew origins, and one of the same name was both a friend to Daniel the prophet and was cast into the "firey furnace" by the Babylonian King Nabuchodonosor . The name is also associated with both Paul </wiki/Paul> and Peter the Apostles in the Bible where one or the same had sent a Jewish messenger to Paul and another or the same was cursed to death by Peter for backing off of a monetary promise. The Ananias of Daniel is alternately refered to as Sidrach.

It has been conjectured that the name Dare is possibly a mispelling of Darre or Darr or possibly even Darte, Darke or Drake , but nothing has been proven. If the name Darr is correct, then the name is of Jewish origins and Ananias Dare was probably a Jew. The name Dare is common from Devonshire, Sir Walter Raleigh's homestead, and it seems probable that this is where Ananias came from. In her book, Hilliard and Oliver (1972) Mary Edmond relates that a certain Leonard Darr (1554-1618), subject of a Nicholas miniature painting </wiki/Portrait_miniature> and wealthy merchant of Tavistock , was quite possibly a close relative of Ananias. Leonard and his goldsmith relatives were mostly Jewish."

Here's another excerpt showing some Jewish names among the colonists.

"Hirschman has observed that Sephardic Jewish and Mediterranean names are represented among the Roanoke colonists. One of the financiers of the Roanoke expeditions was Joachim Ganz, a metallurgist from Prague, Poland. With his background and name, Ganz was likely a Sephardic Jew. Also the navigator of the expedition was Simon Fernandez ( Fernandez a Sephardic surname and Simon a Jewish given name), a Portuguese navigator.

Here is a list of Hirschman’s suspected Sephardic Jews:

Philip (Greek) Amadas (Spanish Sephardic),

Annanias (Sephardic) Dare,

Dyonis (Greek) Harvie,

William Lucas (Greek variant of Luke),

Thomas Topan (Jewish surname),

Ambroses (Greek) Vicceares

Roger Pratt (Spanish DePratto or Prado)

Anthony (Greek) Cage,

Morris (French for Moses) Allen (English Jewish name possible Moorish Ali)

George Martyn (Spanish Martine)

Thomas Harris ( Moorish Haris)

Richard and Henry Berrye (prominent and widely recognized Sephardic Jewish surname)"

I'm sure you can see what I'm getting at. The theory about them intentionally heading west seems to be a good one. If the colonists were in distress and if there were Jews in the Nacoochee Valley, they could have sent Indian allies to bring them west. It's probably a mystery that will never be solved but it's a lot of fun looking.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

I had a beautiful 16 yr. young neice, long blonde hair,
blue eyes, die in a car wreck a few yrs. ago. Smart
and lively, she had been doing very well in school...

She had gotten tired of the blonde jokes, and then
changed her hair color. This song was played at her
funeral service, as we honored her, in the Indian cemetery... :fish:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
DO REAL SPIRITS POSESS TREASURES?

I think the evidence is adequate, that there
are spirits in control of treasures. But what
do spirits, good or bad, want with treasures?

To influence control over the hearts of man...

Why control mortal man, if they (spirits) are immortal?

The need to influence, is part of the cost of doing
business, in the ongoing competition of the spirits.

Because controlling man means everything. So the
influencing, or controlling thoughts of man, is totally
essential. The control of treasures, is equal to power,
and only the chosen?, or lucky?, may be utilized to
gain access to the power it takes, to potentially
lead the people.

How can hidden treasures, lay out of sight and use
for centuries, perhaps even millenniums? Because
the positive and negative spirits are at war, and
man, though used to acquire treasures, cannot
always be relied upon, to do what the particular
spirit(s) desires to be done, or accomplished
with a particular treasure(s). Also, there are
errors, accidents, treachery or sabotage,
that may, and certainly have happened.

People may be raised up, or lead, to search for
buried treasures. If they accomplish the successful
acquisition, of a substantial amount of wealth. The
end result of the use of that wealth, may not be
seen, for generations, or may be ongoing, for
the unforeseen future. That is simply factual,
and true written human history... 8-) :find: :treasurechest: :fish:

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gee, that's deep, Crosse. Made me stop and really think. In my mind, you may be right. Thanks for your insight.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Does It Matter What We Say, When Searching For Secret Hidden Treasures...

:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:

I had asked this question before, so while I have opportunity,
thought I'd ask it once again.

I believe the answer is yes. This is based on principles,
that also seem to have been long recorded of man.

Not only, have those people who did achieve extraordinary
feats and accomplishments, believed they could do what they
desired, or dreamed to...

They also, many if not all of them, spoke what they hoped and believed.
Thus asking, and informing the spirit dimension, of their intentions.
Then the game is really on...

How it turns out? As everyone knows, does vary quite a lot.
The secrets of the outcomes, are often very complicated,
and influenced by the spiritual principles... :thumbsup: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Who in their right mind would even think about, and try
to wait for the Doolin-Dalton gang, near a cave they
were known to frequent, only by the locals, after
the news made it by stage from Tejas. I was told
that they had just robbed a bank and rode north
across the Red River, toward the thick wooded hills
and old worn mountains, of the wild Indian Territory... 8-)

Why, a broke wild Cherokee Indian outlaw, who else would be that crazy... :laughing7: :laughing9: :fish:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

Gotta' hear a little song, off of the Marshall Tucker Carolina Dreams too... :thumbsup: 8-) :fish:

Doug Gray was cool to talk to...

Then Hughie went and played with Johnny, Ricky, Billy, Leon, and Gary,
in Skynyrd for several years...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Lynyrd Skynyrd's: Born To Run ~

There's an old man sittin on the front porch now,
talkin' bout how it used to be...

The old man slipped away, the words he said,
never crossed my mind...

...till I saw the price he paid, with a life like mine...

...I gotta hit the city right on time... When I'm old,
I'll always say, little son of mine, I was born ta' run...

Johnny Van Zant, singing lyrics in reference to his father,
Lacy Van Zant, a totally successful career long haul trucker.
The father of Ronnie, Donnie, and Johnny, his treasured sons... 8-) :fish:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread